Wikiposts

Student Visa - Medicals

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by ibioble
That blue sky, can't wait to get away from the wet winter that's setting in. .

I'm applying for the cert 3 cabinet making at skills tech tafe in Brisbane.
I'm planning on flying to Oz on a tourist visa, do my meds, and apply for the visa onshore.

Is that a good idea?
Any advise anyone?

Good news on the offer Mandy, not long now.
I am thinking of applying onshore too as we need to be out there early dec and I have heard stuent visa'a are taking a while so a little worried about the time scale!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

ibioble is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what I was thinking werty, I don't want to get caught up here waiting for the visa, if there taking as long as I've read in some of the posts.

Also I read on the visa application form, if applied for onshore and for some reason the visa is rejected, you have the right to appeal, but not if applied for offshore.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ibioble
That's what I was thinking werty, I don't want to get caught up here waiting for the visa, if there taking as long as I've read in some of the posts.

Also I read on the visa application form, if applied for onshore and for some reason the visa is rejected, you have the right to appeal, but not if applied for offshore.
Do they ever turn people down for a visa though? we'd be in trouble if we did it on shore and then it was rejected, as my husband will have quit his job and we'll have sold the house! thats my worry!
Thought Ive been told they only say no to people with a bad criminal record or major health issues!
On the plus side if it was refused you would get your student fees refunded!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

LOL yeah, thats what I read.
I don't think there would be any problem at all, it's just nice to know I'm not the only one going to apply onshore.

Not long now. I'm planning on leaving at the start of december, and stoping off in Thailand for a few weeks to catch up with a few friends. I'm a bit like an excited little schoolboy now.....haha.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Thailand is great. You will have a great time.
We had origionaly planned to go over in Jan and spend 6 months traveling, while applying for the student visa in Oz, but they have cancelled the mid year intake of the course I want to do.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Scottiew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ibioble, I have travelled most of thailand and surronding countries, lucky for me my parents lived there for a few years so it was easy for me to travel around, but out of every were Phuket is definately the best place
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, Phuket is the one place I hated in Thailand, far too nightlifey for me. My favourite place in Thailand is Kanchaniburi, and Koh Phi Phi, although I last time I went this was also getting very touristy. I haven't been since the tsumami, but imagin it will have changed quite a bit.
If you get the chance to go over to Cambodia it is a lovely friendly country with loads to see.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

I've been to Thailand many times, I lived in Bangkok for a year, which is my favorite place there so far, but I'd like to see more of the north.
When your living somewhere you get a bit lazy, I haven't seen enough of the Uk really, but i don't like the cold.....lol.
I agree pumpkin, I'm not really into touristy places either so I never even bothered with Phuket, although I should try before I condem it. Koh Chang was a nice Island, if your visiting again.
I thought Cambodia was pretty cool, but very messed up.

Hmmm, all this reminiscing about Thailand, maybe I should live there LOL
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Scottiew is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I suppose we all have different tastes lol load, but I was there when the tsunami hit and wasn't very nice, pumpkin Koh Phi Phi was lovely but at the moment it is like one big building site and to make it worse just as they were getting some were they had a bad fire to make things worse, as for Phuket if you stay away from the touristy spots and stay were the expats live alot better, unfortunately Koh Lak is getting there but still needs alot of work, since the tsunami we have been holding fund raising, we supported a toilet and shower block for a fishing village up just passed Koh lak and put money in to two orphanges, one in phuket and one in Bangkok in my brothers memory as unfortunately he never came back but his spirit is still there, any way moving on swiftly, Trang no, Krabi no, Koh Samui to touristy now, Chang Mai was good and chang Rai so was Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia, and all the other villages I either can't remember or can't spell plus the lovely islands, similian lovely but have seen better, so lets all look forward to a fantastic time in oz and the fact its closer to asia to go exploring
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys how goes it?!!

Getting a tad concerned!!!

Thats the official offer made on the flat so effectively sold yipeee!!!

BUT

Only 6 weeks till we go, and still no visa!!!

Looking to leave on 26th Nov as we can get a flight for £1775, and at the moment have found accomodation for $400 pw for inital 2 weeks.

Really want to get booked n really frustrated!!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi Mandy, I agree times getting tight for you.. Our course starts begin Feb, and want to live early Jan as spending time with family, but wish we could go late Nov aswell as prices for flights are fairly high when we plan to go.

We had surveyors today, and next week three estimators coming around to price-up the removals and spent most of this week throwing loads out, around 27 dustbin bags so-far including clearing the loft, lovely job that was...

Remain positive, things will fall into place for you shortly and before long you'll be aving a cold beer at the airport..

Russ & Sarah
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah I know, cheers!!

I also need to hand my notice in, in 2 weeks!!

Just v frustrating, wanna get organised, so much to do and so little time!!!

We'r off next week and we were hoping that we could blitz everything then, prob just get to a point we'l just say f*** it and do everything anyway!!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Hi Mandy

Good news on the house

Is the house you got a holiday rental?? I hope everything goes ok for you!!! Im sure it will.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brockies
Hi Mandy

Good news on the house

Is the house you got a holiday rental?? I hope everything goes ok for you!!! Im sure it will.
Cheers, yeah We've not booked yet but there are 2 free with this agency for the time we want. A few others that I asked about are booked out and some haven't got back to me yet.

It's the holiday rental we're most concerned about cause they're all a bit pricey and cause of the season, getting snapped up!!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 7th 2007, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Im a wee bit sad that this is post is dying

I thought it was good that we were all keeping each other informed Let me know how you are all doing

Lyndsay

(god is sound stalker like)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.