Wikiposts

OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:06 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by Laura and Tom
Thanks Mary, I'm hoping not!! Just want to go now so that I cannot back out of it!!

Are you still gonna wait until Feb 09?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

Looks like october blues are here.... im really starting to fret and stress about all thats going on, so far been so excited, got a little bit down mid march cos we didnt have a co, then we got one so perked up again, but so far all the co has asked for is australian values statement, which we sent back same day. Not even asked for meds ?????????
weve now had the meds, but are waiting for my daughters paediatrician to supply a medical report for her kidney problem, asked him 4 weeks before the medicals and still waiting, and im a nurse at the same hospital, was hoping for a bit of a perk!! so our meds are still sat with the panel dr waiting for the info before being sent to oz to sit in a queue at LCU..Ive uploaded receipts for meds so at least co will know weve had them done, but why havent they asked???

Then theres the house, going on the market on weds, and im fretting it wont sell in this market.

Then im stressing about all the organising once we have the visa, shipping, holiday let, schools etc, etc, etc

Anyway, enough whining, just thought id let you all know your not alone feeling down, it happens to us all, Just wish i could hibernate for a while and wake up in sunny perth.

sarah x
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by thebutts
Looks like october blues are here.... im really starting to fret and stress about all thats going on, so far been so excited, got a little bit down mid march cos we didnt have a co, then we got one so perked up again, but so far all the co has asked for is australian values statement, which we sent back same day. Not even asked for meds ?????????
weve now had the meds, but are waiting for my daughters paediatrician to supply a medical report for her kidney problem, asked him 4 weeks before the medicals and still waiting, and im a nurse at the same hospital, was hoping for a bit of a perk!! so our meds are still sat with the panel dr waiting for the info before being sent to oz to sit in a queue at LCU..Ive uploaded receipts for meds so at least co will know weve had them done, but why havent they asked???

Then theres the house, going on the market on weds, and im fretting it wont sell in this market.

Then im stressing about all the organising once we have the visa, shipping, holiday let, schools etc, etc, etc

Anyway, enough whining, just thought id let you all know your not alone feeling down, it happens to us all, Just wish i could hibernate for a while and wake up in sunny perth.

sarah x

Me too Sarah - wouldn't that be bliss - I'm fed up of feeling fed up
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:47 am
East Mids to Vic

Laura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really nice

Hi Basty,
Yeah think we will wait until then, we are planning on renting our house out here for a year, takes a bit of the pressure off for selling it! but want to take out plenty of money to start us off with, figure that we need to save until Nov/Dec time but then dont want to take the kids just before xmas!! Figured if we go early Feb to have a month to sort bits out after Xmas, getting someone in the house etc....we shall see!!

Sarah - our meds arrived in Sydney on the 25th March and show as finalised on the 7th April so they dont seem to be taking long at the mo....I said to my oh tonight that he just doesn't seem stressed by it all but I'm the planner and know that I have to get everything sorted before we go, he just has to do the overtime so we can afford to!!! Also I'm starting to worry about the kids and how they will cope...probably better than me!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

our meds arrived in Sydney on the 25th March and show as finalised on the 7th April so they dont seem to be taking long at the mo..
thats good....if only i can get the dr to do the report :curse::curse::curse:

im also the planner and organiser, my hubby just asks when are we going? !!!!!!

definatley dont worry about the kids, a friend of a friend has recently gone with a very reluctant 15 yr old, but within days she had a new best friend and loves it!! its probably the one thing im not worrying about, our girls are 6 and 14 months, the 6 yr old cant wait and the 14 month old doesnt seem to bothered either way
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:53 am
East Mids to Vic

Laura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really nice

the 6 yr old cant wait and the 14 month old doesnt seem to bothered either way
lol that made me smile!! We have a 7 and 3 year old girls, tbh we have not told them yet, just said that we might be going on a big holiday, I'm waiting until we have the vise before saying more...my 3 year old spends a lot of time with my mum (she looks after her while I'm at work) & if she has not seen her for two days is asking when she will see granma, its going to break my heart when she starts asking over there...filling up a bit now!!

Anyway, hope you get the report soon, It was certainly a weight off when I saw that they had been finalised X
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:00 pm

sarah x
Think most of us have been through it.................I think the trick is to try and obsess about one thing at a time

The visa's taken a bit of a backseat for me, i'm sure it'll reappear with a vengence soon enough, my obsession at the moment is selling the house and how best to fit a rocket up my EA's backside

I've also stressed about everything from which seat to book on the plane, to the cost of kennels in Perth if we can't find a rental that'll take animals Was driving both me and my OH mad!!!!! especially when i couldn't decide between Perth and Adelaide and i was trying to research two regions We've finally decided on Perth and just that decision alone, took loads of pressure off and i started to feel better.

I feel better about the schools since i emailed a few and had positive responses.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mary1967
Think most of us have been through it.................I think the trick is to try and obsess about one thing at a time

The visa's taken a bit of a backseat for me, i'm sure it'll reappear with a vengence soon enough, my obsession at the moment is selling the house and how best to fit a rocket up my EA's backside

I've also stressed about everything from which seat to book on the plane, to the cost of kennels in Perth if we can't find a rental that'll take animals Was driving both me and my OH mad!!!!! especially when i couldn't decide between Perth and Adelaide and i was trying to research two regions We've finally decided on Perth and just that decision alone, took loads of pressure off and i started to feel better.

I feel better about the schools since i emailed a few and had positive responses.
Mary,

You will have no prob finding a rental that will take dogs, some don't say so you have to ask. My friend in Brissy has a Lab or golden ret and she was concerned, she has a lovely 4x2 but she has to keep the dog outside, stipulated by owner - but she said she can cope with that so you might have to leave the little one out side??

Just typed cancellation letter for EA so will drop that up later
Old Apr 20th 2008, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Come on Oct lot cheer up it will happen but know its stressfull.

Hope you have lots of visa grants and co this week.

I'll be watching

Tina x
Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Basty
Mary,

You will have no prob finding a rental that will take dogs, some don't say so you have to ask. My friend in Brissy has a Lab or golden ret and she was concerned, she has a lovely 4x2 but she has to keep the dog outside, stipulated by owner - but she said she can cope with that so you might have to leave the little one out side??

Just typed cancellation letter for EA so will drop that up later

That's really reassuring........................i don't mind if she stays outside (well i do really, but i'll cope until we get our own place).

Better still Basty, she can come and live at yours Sure your kids would love her to bits

Cancellation letter I've just done the same
Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Come on Oct lot cheer up it will happen but know its stressfull.

Hope you have lots of visa grants and co this week.

I'll be watching

Tina x

Any news on the house Tina?
Old Apr 20th 2008, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about

Hi all,
Need some advice, applied 31st Oct, send meds mid Jan, got an email saying our application with the DM on 3rd March and not heard anything since. My Husbands old boss got a call from DIAC to confirm references and training etc about 3 wks ago and on our status page still says, work experience-further checking required. Wondering if i should contact them and what is the best way, phone or email. I am totally fed up now like many of you on here. House is on the market, has been for 5 wks and only 1 viewing, feeling soo in limbo. Also is it right that if we get the go ahead we will need to be in by Dec as thats when our police checks were sent?? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

That's really reassuring........................i don't mind if she stays outside (well i do really, but i'll cope until we get our own place).

Better still Basty, she can come and live at yours Sure your kids would love her to bits

Cancellation letter I've just done the same
Stay at mine......................she better like cats then
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Hi all,
Need some advice, applied 31st Oct, send meds mid Jan, got an email saying our application with the DM on 3rd March and not heard anything since. My Husbands old boss got a call from DIAC to confirm references and training etc about 3 wks ago and on our status page still says, work experience-further checking required. Wondering if i should contact them and what is the best way, phone or email. I am totally fed up now like many of you on here. House is on the market, has been for 5 wks and only 1 viewing, feeling soo in limbo. Also is it right that if we get the go ahead we will need to be in by Dec as thats when our police checks were sent?? Thanks in advance for any advice.

RE: DIAC, Sorry, not up to that stage yet so not sure It's my understanding that it goes from the police check or medicals, whichever is first. I know some people have had their police checks done again to extend the time period, a bit more difficult with the medicals due to the cost!

I sympathise with you about the lack of viewers, me and Basty are in the same boat.

Originally Posted by Basty
Stay at mine......................she better like cats then

She loves cats So your place it is!!!!

Seriously she does, when we first got her as a pup we already had two cats, sometimes i wonder whether she thinks she's a cat as well It's really funny watching them - they even curl up together in front of the fire

So not only am i taking my OH, two teenage monsters and a dog, i'm also taking two cats as well...........not even thinking about the cost At least i get to leave the monster in law in the UK
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Any news on the house Tina?
NO no news. Its strange Thursday our house was sold but had no visa, friday we have our visa but no house sale. talk about good thing bad thing haha. Gunna drop £5k off the price today so will see.

How are things with you?

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Hi all,

Don't worry I know there is a back log with the DM ours was there for 4 months and I know of others still waiting, But them ringing the old boss is a good sign so It may be soon?

Good luck with the house sale.

Tina x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.