November 2007 Applicants

Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:39 pm
Hopeful Idealist

janicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant future
Default Re: November 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by mountgrace
Hi
It is Monday, the Aussies celebrate Easter too.The update is on Tuesdays!!!
So fingers crossed it will update tom!!!
Ah yes, of course! I forgot. Fingers crossed! Maybe all the chocolate will give the DIAC a caffeine boost.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future

hi Phcahill

We are in the same position. Our agent lodged ours as a paper application and we are not pleased. I've just written to ask why! If they had asked us we would have said to lodge it online (in fact we assumed it was online). It's a real pain - let's hope there's a good reason (although I can't think what it would be) and pray that the paper apps really speed up!!!
Keep updating us on your progress (if there is any!)

Alex
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bag End Bunch
hi Phcahill

We are in the same position. Our agent lodged ours as a paper application and we are not pleased. I've just written to ask why! If they had asked us we would have said to lodge it online (in fact we assumed it was online). It's a real pain - let's hope there's a good reason (although I can't think what it would be) and pray that the paper apps really speed up!!!
Keep updating us on your progress (if there is any!)

Alex
I can't believe an Agent would WANT to submit a paper based application. I would have assumed it would be online too. That's dreadful! You have every right to be angry, I feel for you. Let us all know what your Agents' reply is.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

phcahill is an unknown quantity at this point

It occurred to me that electronic would mean them transposing all the info sent whereas paper would mean just putting all our docs in an envelope.

I think we shall book our meds as at least then our dates won't shift too much. We were holding off till we heard what the case officer wanted.

I am 46 and Lisa, my wife and the main applicant is 43. We used an agent because we will only get one shot at this. We already lost a month between filling out forms and the agent lodging. So far it's just introduced a communications layer and delay. If we have to appeal then maybe we will be glad we used an agent.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Here's the reply

"The timeframes quoted are general guides however we have been finding that e-lodged applications are being processed slightly faster in some cases. At the time your application was lodged we were not using the e-lodgement system due to it being very recently introduced and because the paper-based forms had already been prepared for you and updated. Also, a lengthy covering submission addressing the application criteria and how you met these criteria was prepared for your application and this can really only be done for paper-based applications."

Not much one can say really.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by phcahill
Here's the reply

"The timeframes quoted are general guides however we have been finding that e-lodged applications are being processed slightly faster in some cases. At the time your application was lodged we were not using the e-lodgement system due to it being very recently introduced and because the paper-based forms had already been prepared for you and updated. Also, a lengthy covering submission addressing the application criteria and how you met these criteria was prepared for your application and this can really only be done for paper-based applications."

Forgetting the lengthy covering submission, if you applied in november then it wouldn't exactly be 'Very recently introduced' Could they not have submitted online and then forwarded covering notes?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

ebyron is on a distinguished road

... anyone got the latest update re processing dates yet today????? .....
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ebyron
... anyone got the latest update re processing dates yet today????? .....
Nah, the email hasn't been updated this week. Hopefully it will be done tomorrow and I hope there has been some progression.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future
Default Re: paper based applications in November

Hi all

Our agent said that she sent paper based application because at the time (nov) it was all fairly new and the system kept on crashing etc during the process. When you phone DIAC to ask what to do their automated reply tells you 'if you have problems then send hard copy' so that's what they did.

In her email she says that on average the paper based and online applications are going through in about the same time - about 9 months for a non-MODL family sponsored (176). She expects ours to be with us 'end of August, possibly sooner'.

I've just emailed her back to ask if the updates from ASPC are accurate because they certainly indicate that paper applications are much slower.

I'll let you know what her reply is.

Alex
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

It looks like it's accurate.

I could not see any paper based with a case officer back into September

http://www.beupdate.co.uk/visa.php?month=Sep&year=07
http://www.beupdate.co.uk/visa.php?month=Ocy&year=07
http://www.beupdate.co.uk/visa.php?month=Nov&year=07

I'm not sure what the "lengthy covering submission" would contain. Lisa, the main applicant is a nurse. So we contacted the ANMC for the skills assessment. We did the IELTS. She's on the Nominated Skills, MODL, has recent work experience and is under 45.

I just think it would have been more effort to transfer the data from the forms we filled in to a web page instead of just forwarding them on.

I shouldn't moaning really but like all of us the waiting is getting is down and now i appears we have another 6-8 weeks to wait. The boys (17 and 18) are cooling off rapidly too. Girlfriends and a full social life.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

afroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really nice

I've FINALLY got a case officer, yay! I received an e-mail from him today requesting me to send the "Australian Values Statement" form 1281....If that is all that required, I reckon my visa can't be too far off now!!!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:02 am
Hopeful Idealist

janicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by afroswede
I've FINALLY got a case officer, yay! I received an e-mail from him today requesting me to send the "Australian Values Statement" form 1281....If that is all that required, I reckon my visa can't be too far off now!!!
Congrats!! So happy for you.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Oirish is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: November 2007 Applicants

Hi
If i was you, i would look for all your money back from the agent. You can attach anything you like to an electronic submission. All they've done is cost you six weeks.

Originally Posted by phcahill
Here's the reply

Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

ebyron is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by afroswede
Fantastic , are you the first november to get a case officer?!?! Congratulations .... things are clearly moving on today!!!!!! I'm desparate to be out there by July ...........
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Congrats Janice.

Please keep us posted on anything non-personal the CO asks for.

Is anyone planning a reccie trip this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.