November 2007 Applicants

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:19 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default November 2007 Applicants

Just wondering if anyone has applied online in November yet?
The timeline page is up and running for any November applicants who wish to add themselves to it.
Good luck to you all anyway,
Beth x x
Old Nov 4th 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: November 2007 Applicants

Hi Everyone,

As Beth has said, the NOVEMBER 2007 timeline spreadsheet is now up and running.

Please use the ADD ME link at the top of the following page to submit your details http://britishexpats.freespaces.com/nov07.html

Good luck everyone

Karen xx
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:14 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

The first November applicant is on Austimeline now.......
Beth x x
Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Roll up, roll up .....

Be the first to get yourself added to the BritishExPats NOVEMBER 2007 timeline ...

http://www.freespaces.com/britishexpats/Nov07.html

Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I hope its going to be me first!! Just waiting for our sponsorship from SA to come through!

If not, I'll see you on the December thread!
Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

afroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really nice

I was granted a 495 SIR visa on 1 November 2007 but cancelled it and applied for a 175 MODL visa instead on November 5. It hurt like hell to pay another application fee, but I stand a much better chance of finding a job fast with a visa without restrictions. Almost all job vacancies for architects seem to be in the state capitals...I'd be stuffed in a regional area.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:43 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by afroswede
I was granted a 495 SIR visa on 1 November 2007 but cancelled it and applied for a 175 MODL visa instead on November 5. It hurt like hell to pay another application fee, but I stand a much better chance of finding a job fast with a visa without restrictions. Almost all job vacancies for architects seem to be in the state capitals...I'd be stuffed in a regional area.
Hi Afro......congratulations on getting your 495 visa......and for being a 175 November applicant...LOL
Good luck with everything and keep us informed with your progress!!!! You must be bonkers to want to go through this process twice!!!!
Beth x x
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

afroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really nice

Thanks! God knows I don't want to go through it again, but it seems wiser in the long run! The day before I applied for the SIR visa, the MODL list was updated and my profession was included - unfortunately I wasn't aware of this as it was so recent and hadn't been announced on any immigration forums. Well, I almost fell off my chair and called ASPC asap - they said that I could change my application to a 136, but alas this turned out to be untrue. Last week I got my visa grant for a 495 - never imagined I'd be so disappointed - and after some frantic e-mails to my case officer, I decided to bite the bullet and re-apply for the 175 MODL. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt...
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:20 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Thanks! God knows I don't want to go through it again, but it seems wiser in the long run! The day before I applied for the SIR visa, the MODL list was updated and my profession was included - unfortunately I wasn't aware of this as it was so recent and hadn't been announced on any immigration forums. Well, I almost fell off my chair and called ASPC asap - they said that I could change my application to a 136, but alas this turned out to be untrue. Last week I got my visa grant for a 495 - never imagined I'd be so disappointed - and after some frantic e-mails to my case officer, I decided to bite the bullet and re-apply for the 175 MODL. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt...
Well good for you for ploughing on!!!!! We applied for a SIR sponsorship to SA and got it approved in May.......but decided to do the IELTS test and just wait for the 175 visa on Sept 1st instead as, like you, PR seemed the better option all round
My hubby may well end up using your designs on site in Oz.....LOL
Really hope things go smooth for you this time and that some more November applicants soon join this thread. Hope you've added yourself to the November timeline.....looks like you're the first!!!!
Our medicals are now showing as 'finalised' (30th Oct).......and we have no idea how long we have to wait before our visa could be granted........
Do you have to re-do your medicals again for the 175 application?
Beth x x
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Afro,

Congrats on the 495 & good luck with the 175 !!

Add yourself to the November spreadsheet here http://www.freespaces.com/britishexpats/VisaAdd.html

Karen xx

Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Karen and Beth, I hope things will run more smoothly this time! I applied for sponsorship by South Australia, got it after a month and was told the same day by someone in the construction industry that South Australia is not exactly booming. I pondered this for a while, did some research and applied for sponsorship by Victoria. Got it after 2 months, applied for 495, tried to change to 136 after MODL update but got 495 visa 3 months later. Many pounds later I'm now a 175 MODL applicant - phew! I hope Australia will be worth all the trouble...Apparently I don't have to resubmit meds as they have been processed by LCU and are valid until August 15, 2008.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:58 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Thanks Karen and Beth, I hope things will run more smoothly this time! I applied for sponsorship by South Australia, got it after a month and was told the same day by someone in the construction industry that South Australia is not exactly booming. I pondered this for a while, did some research and applied for sponsorship by Victoria. Got it after 2 months, applied for 495, tried to change to 136 after MODL update but got 495 visa 3 months later. Many pounds later I'm now a 175 MODL applicant - phew! I hope Australia will be worth all the trouble...Apparently I don't have to resubmit meds as they have been processed by LCU and are valid until August 15, 2008.
Bet that's a bit relief for you with the meds!!!!!! So basically it's just the payment to submit your application again........that is definitely worth it for PR
Beth x x
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

MRG175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
After all the hastle of getting all the info and doc's for my application I can now sit back and wait, got an e-mail from my agent to say application is going in this week (hopefully tonight) but whats a couple o days when its been since feb since I started the TRA, how time fly's when you are having fun
Have got X-rays on friday and Med's on the 24th and with police checks front loaded no more forms YEEEEEHAAAAA.

Will put myself on Nov timeline when agent confirms application is in.

Again thanks to BE members that have helped with the many questions asked by myself and OH (MRS G).

Lee
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:04 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by MRG175
Hi
After all the hastle of getting all the info and doc's for my application I can now sit back and wait, got an e-mail from my agent to say application is going in this week (hopefully tonight) but whats a couple o days when its been since feb since I started the TRA, how time fly's when you are having fun
Have got X-rays on friday and Med's on the 24th and with police checks front loaded no more forms YEEEEEHAAAAA.

Will put myself on Nov timeline when agent confirms application is in.

Again thanks to BE members that have helped with the many questions asked by myself and OH (MRS G).

Lee
Big congratulations to you!!!! Have a big as soon as you know you have officially submitted your application!!!!
We also started our skills assessment in February......passed it in May.....but looking back it's hard to believe we started all of this paperwork etc 9 months ago!!
Good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly for you,
Beth x x
Old Nov 9th 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

OZ2GO is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Just wondering if anyone has applied online in November yet?
The timeline page is up and running for any November applicants who wish to add themselves to it.
Good luck to you all anyway,
Beth x x
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Myself, husband and two teenage sons hoping to go to Oz (Melbourne) July 2008. Having passed IELTS test taken on 20th Oct we applied on-line for 175 on 3rd November. Seemed to go ok, attached all the documents. When we look at the checklist, it says only things outstanding are meds etc. Hope that means all the docs were attached ok as checklist still says all the docs are required. Am I right in guessing that this will change once we get CO and they look at them? Have been looking at this site for a while and got some really good info. Thought it was time I came out of the woodwork and made myself known. Good to be part of the clan, hope to get to know all fellow Novemberees along with rest of crew. Take care all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.