London Expo

Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: London Expo

Originally Posted by chasmw
I'm IT....nothing.
I've still had nothing yet, but as I've had the opportunity to go before I'd rather know there is no-one there from IT than go and not get a lot out of it.

To answer an earlier question, there is no dress code as such, but I treated it like an interview and wore my suit - but then that is what I would wear to work.

It is very busy and you do end up in q's a lot... I would certainly advise preparing a few specific questions that you want to ask and don't take it personally if people don't want to spend much time with you (which will happen if you are not exactly what they are looking for).

Good luck all

Rich

Last edited by whizbangwallop; Mar 1st 2008 at 7:42 am.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

ezmuzic is an unknown quantity at this point

Wife is a Nurse, she got invite, going Saturday 15th, decided to make a weekend of it so "Lord of the Rings" and a nice hotel here we come.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 3:00 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

my brother applied and got an invite..its the official australian high comission one
Old Mar 1st 2008, 3:02 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by melbert
We haven't got an invite, guess we won't get one now, my hubby is an electrician but haven't got a visa in process yet, just waiting for the practical vetassess date to be confirmed, I wonder if they are interested in people who have their application in progress too? Any other electricians been invited without visa's in progress?

Mel
my brother hasnt started his yet either waiting for pathway d to open
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Lara_jane is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope it will be worth it. Have any other primary teachers been invited? I am thinking of making this & mummy daughter trip & dragging my mum up to see a show afterwards & meal out. Will be my last weekend possibly for 6 weeks while i go back to Oz for a bit (WHV still valid) & it's my 30th on March 18th. Gulp!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

moriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to all

We haven't got an invite, guess we won't get one now, my hubby is an electrician but haven't got a visa in process yet, just waiting for the practical vetassess date to be confirmed, I wonder if they are interested in people who have their application in progress too? Any other electricians been invited without visa's in progress?

Mel
I'm a sparky and got my invite but i'm mainly industrial if that makes a differance?
I may be able to get sponsorship now from the company I work for. But I'm still going to see if there are any better offers and to see what money I could earn.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

im a plumber, not sure what to expect, everyone has different ideas. question,, is waterloo near enough australia house for walking distances, i have booked a hotel there.
john
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnknight001
im a plumber, not sure what to expect, everyone has different ideas. question,, is waterloo near enough australia house for walking distances, i have booked a hotel there.
john
Just looking at doing the same. Waterloo looks like a bit of a hike. Might go for somewhere a bit further out and get the tube in.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SimonG
Just looking at doing the same. Waterloo looks like a bit of a hike. Might go for somewhere a bit further out and get the tube in.

It is a bit of a walk but not too far. I did it with my wife and kids and they never complained that much
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

TinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really nice

Received and booked. Going on the Sunday. take the invite and go on to the link provided to book slot and consider the times of seminars you may wish to attend. hopefully you'll all hear soon.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

nudefrogtrev is an unknown quantity at this point

Any secondary school teachers going on the saturday? Got my invite 2 days ago.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

going on sat, any one else looking at the qlds seminar, also any ideas of what to expect. booked at 10.30.
john
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moriarty711
I'm a sparky and got my invite but i'm mainly industrial if that makes a differance?
I may be able to get sponsorship now from the company I work for. But I'm still going to see if there are any better offers and to see what money I could earn.
Hubby is going for general electrician, maybe they've got loads of them going already!!

Did you get your invite my email or post?

Mel
Old Mar 1st 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

moriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to all

Hubby is going for general electrician, maybe they've got loads of them going already!!

Did you get your invite my email or post?

Mel
by e-mail. Doing the general sparky thing too.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moriarty711
by e-mail. Doing the general sparky thing too.
Oh well, never mind, I just guess we weren't lucky this time! Well done for getting an invite though! Good luck!!
Mel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.