London Expo

Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice
Default Re: London Expo

Originally Posted by Burkins
Hi
What stand was that?

They told my hubbie that they would call this week and wanted to come and meet me!

I can't stand this waiting.......
Oh no they didn't say they'd call, just when they'd be holding interviews and they'd notify anyone successful prior to that. (Mcconnell).

Glad they're not coming to see me, I need the hairdressers first.

Maybe they were just trying to get rid of my hubby.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

Hi
What stand was that?

They told my hubbie that they would call this week and wanted to come and meet me!

I can't stand this waiting.......
What stand was yours from? I'm sure they'll be intouch soon, the weeks not over yet but I know it's hard waiting.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

There was two, an agency who said they had employers lined up for his line of work and would e-mail CV to them on Monday and wanted us to go to York and another who said he would come up and meet the wife and kids.

I am starting to feel depressed now we have been dis appointed so many times but I still have some hope.

Last edited by Burkins; Mar 18th 2008 at 4:22 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

There was two, an agency who said they had employers lined up for his line of work and would e-mail CV to them on Monday and wanted us to go to York and Cheesman who said he would come up and meet the wife and kids.

I am starting to feel depressed now we have been dis appointed so many times but I still have some hope.
They are different stands to the one's my hubby went to.

Try not to worry, I'm sure they'll be intouch soon. I know it's hard, I drive myself mad at times thinking non stop about the whole situation.

Maybe try contacting them if you haven't heard anything by tomorrow? But hopefully you get an email or call by then! Let us know how you get on!

Best Wishes to you and good luck.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

Hi

We have had an e-mail to say that they will be in touch when they return to Oz. Fingers crossed but not very hopefull now, would they offer a job and visa on just a 10 minute chat?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:07 am
Just Joined

nudefrogtrev is an unknown quantity at this point

Did any teachers speak to the people at the Teach in Western Australia stand? Was wondering if anyone else was invited to go for an interview in May. They said that they would contact me by email but did not say when.

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi

We have had an e-mail to say that they will be in touch when they return to Oz. Fingers crossed but not very hopefull now, would they offer a job and visa on just a 10 minute chat?
My OH has had an email saying that he has made the first shortlist (down to 200 from 15,000) and that we need to download skype and get a webcam as this is how the interviews will be held. This could be what they mean in your case.

Good luck!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

lossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dawn-D
My OH has had an email saying that he has made the first shortlist (down to 200 from 15,000) and that we need to download skype and get a webcam as this is how the interviews will be held. This could be what they mean in your case.

Good luck!
yeah that was from workforce solutions.did you have that long winded questionnaire? Damn near melted my brain on it last night!

I've never had an interview other than when I joined the RAF 11 years so to have one online is going to be a strange experience.

dave
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dawn-D

Good luck!
We got that email too, have you looked at all the information they want? It is more detailed than the TRA application!!
Do you know if they charge a fee to the applicant?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

i got the same email, filled in all forms , took forever hope its genuine.
john
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lossiepickle
yeah that was from workforce solutions.did you have that long winded questionnaire? Damn near melted my brain on it last night!

I've never had an interview other than when I joined the RAF 11 years so to have one online is going to be a strange experience.

dave
I'm just about to look at the attachments of the email and print them off (it's been a busy couple of days having arranged a surprise 40th birthday party for my OH). I take it I'm going to need loads of paper.

OH is not good on computers so thought I'd put the paper infront of him. Which brings us round to the interview via the computer for my OH 1st obstacle the computer, 2nd will be his interview technique having worked for his boss for the last 23 years he hasn't had much practise

Originally Posted by Flixy
We got that email too, have you looked at all the information they want? It is more detailed than the TRA application!!
Do you know if they charge a fee to the applicant?
Gosh, I really can't wait to see these attachments now!

I hadn't thought about any fee as this wasn't mentioned to OH, anyone else have any knowledge of that.

Originally Posted by johnknight001
i got the same email, filled in all forms , took forever hope its genuine.
john
After all this I hope it's genuine too, this thought also never crossed my mind.

Good luck to all of you that are applying.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
We have the e-mail too, printed the form and we are working our way through it. No one has mentioned fees to hubbie, at the expo he was told that they had several employers lined up for his work that would arrange sponsorship.

Fingers crossed for everyone.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

lossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nice

Hi
We have the e-mail too, printed the form and we are working our way through it. No one has mentioned fees to hubbie, at the expo he was told that they had several employers lined up for his work that would arrange sponsorship.

Fingers crossed for everyone.
I had found out about them through a job search site through the military leaver's job search agency which is owned by a big american recruitment company so if they weren't genuine they wil get wiped out.Also I believe they are sponsoring on 457 visas but we have to pay £500 towards that, but that might only be for the job that I was looking at.

hope this helps relieve some fears.