London Expo

Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Lara_jane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London Expo

I'm in too, scary going on my own - but then i'm planning to move to a different country on my own! Got my CRB check & 1 degree transcript (free & only took 2 days! go Pompey!) today as well.
I'm a primary school teacher (nrly 4 yrs exp) and think I said I was looking at QLD & WA. Will be able to take a few things along and ask lots of annoying questions, excellent!
PS - Accountants are really in demand on the Gold Coast. I worked for a recruitment agency for a month there, hardly any of them, but lots of jobs.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zimkeith
Can I ask what occupations have been invited? OH is in IT so not on MODL so I guess it's a long shot?
Zimkeith, I've not had my invite yet for this year but when I attended back in 2006 there were no IT reps or businesses there at all yet I got invited. Mind you, numerous people did apologise stating that it was unusal for them not to have the IT industries there.

I am still hoping to get in this year, especially as I now have my visa.

Rich
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hubby has just had his invite, had forgotten about it actually.

Good excuse for a day out in London, even though we won't all be able to go in. That's probably better as he can concentrate on speaking and asking questions etc without the children getting bored.

Not sure how much info we will get but anything is worth a try

Sam
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Dann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by whizbangwallop
Zimkeith, I've not had my invite yet for this year but when I attended back in 2006 there were no IT reps or businesses there at all yet I got invited. Mind you, numerous people did apologise stating that it was unusal for them not to have the IT industries there.

I am still hoping to get in this year, especially as I now have my visa.

Rich
Stupid question: As you have been before, whats the dress code? Plus how long can you stay? I'm booked at 11.15 but talk on Queensland is at 2pm

Thanks
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

nickynush will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scarlett1
Im interested in SA and I booked for 2pm which I presume is the slot starting time until 3pm
SA talk is AT 2pm! I think you need to book a slot at least 1/2 hour before to allow at least 15 mins entry and to get in queue to get one of only 100 spaces. Book well before the seminar you want to allow time to get into it.

Last edited by nickynush; Feb 28th 2008 at 9:11 pm. Reason: spelling !!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Woo Hoo,

Hubby got his invite today !!!

Australia House here we come !! Well, hubby anyway !!

Donna.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Received my invite yesterday. What info are you taking with you?

Simon.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

i think if you look at the website they would like people to limit there stay to 2 hours, this is due to the amount of people atending.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:47 am
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Originally Posted by SimonG
Received my invite yesterday. What info are you taking with you?

Simon.
When we were there last year we had our resumes on paper and memorystick (they seemed to like .doc versions so I'd have both .doc and .pdf). That's really all you need. The place was packed so be prepared for a little bit of queuing.

They were especially intrested in people who already have lodged their visa I noticed.

Kaitlin
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dann2000
Stupid question: As you have been before, whats the dress code? Plus how long can you stay? I'm booked at 11.15 but talk on Queensland is at 2pm

Thanks
Hi

Hubby got his invite yesterday and I noticed on the paperwork it stated that you only have 2 hours maximum due to the high volume of people expected.

If were you and you really want to go to the QLD seminar, try and change your slot now before they are all booked up!

Sam
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:41 am
Just Joined

karenhutch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby got his invite too - but doubt he will go on his own! Shame, no partners - he would not know what to say - i'm the one who does all the talking!!
Also, the time slots given in the e-mail - are these allocated to what trade you are in? We would like to go later in the afternoon, as we will be on our way back from Blackpool that Sunday, but invite shows 1.30pm is the latest they are offering.
any advise?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:42 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

got our invite today -----yea!! Going on 16th......

Whose taking OH as applicant, plus extended ie me and kids or is it just for applicant??

Ems x

Anyone else going on 16th

Ok just read some of the other posts now!
So just for OH - I booked for 11am but want to do the QLD so think will try and change

cheers Em x

Last edited by smiling4; Feb 29th 2008 at 9:44 am.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by smiling4
got our invite today -----yea!! Going on 16th......

Whose taking OH as applicant, plus extended ie me and kids or is it just for applicant??

Ems x

Anyone else going on 16th

Ok just read some of the other posts now!
So just for OH - I booked for 11am but want to do the QLD so think will try and change

cheers Em x
not had any email yet.... as you have all had yours, looks like we might not be invited!!

any IT people out there had their invites??? i'm not on the MODL....
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ChocCake
not had any email yet.... as you have all had yours, looks like we might not be invited!!

any IT people out there had their invites??? i'm not on the MODL....
No invite for us either, OH is in IT and on MODL but as yet we've heard nothing

Lindsay
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all

i realised i have booked the wrong time, when i email the address on the attachment, it returned it saying it was now closed, but on the attachment it says it closes on the 5th march. anyone else had this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.