London Expo

Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Off 2 Oz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: London Expo

Originally Posted by jo1304
yes i was thinking the same, that we could go as a family for the weekend but I can think of better places to take 2 young children than the city of london. The flights are not as cheap as i though either, my husband has ba miles so he is going to try and get a flight.
What is it your husband does?
Hi, my husbands an analyst programmer, we are looking to go to South Australia because we know some people there. What about you?

Lynne
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

lossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nice

Originally Posted by melbert
Oh well, never mind, I just guess we weren't lucky this time! Well done for getting an invite though! Good luck!!
Mel
my hubby applied on the 28th feb and got an invite this morning he's a aircraft engineer (raf) at the mo
what kind of stuff should he take with him ??
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Yogi Bear
Hi Everyone,

Got my invite today. I thought the IT people where not being invited. Check your email guys and gals.

Yogi

Mine's through as well...

Rich
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnknight001
simon
we told them due to giving them time to adjust, it may take some time. i have loads of info on the stuff if you need any sent, we have a renewable energy center here at college. we run short courses all the time. let me no if you need any. I was also looking at any courses i could do prior to going to aus. i spoke to a college in cairns for info on possible home study courses relevant for licensing there. i have a mate loking as well.
john
John,

I'll take you up on the info and possibly the short courses. I gave up waiting for info from the bloke I met at the York expo. He was going to get me a contact name at TAFE over in Australia to see if there was anything i could be doing by correspondence course to help with licensing on arrival. That was in October. I'll PM you my e-mail.

Simon.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Originally Posted by lossiepickle
my hubby applied on the 28th feb and got an invite this morning he's a aircraft engineer (raf) at the mo
what kind of stuff should he take with him ??
I booked my slot on Saturday and have just received an update with more details of what to expect and what to take with you. There is a web address in the mail saying that they will post details of who will be available to talk to whilst there.

Simon.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Just checked e-mail OH has an invite!
Hes in IT: Network Security we thought were were out of luck but they're obviously still issuing invites so check your mail!

Good luck everyone

Lindsay
Old Mar 4th 2008, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

FreezerGeezer is an unknown quantity at this point

Got mine. Have settled on Sat morning in time for the QLD bit.

Any other fridgies going?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

jo1304 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Off 2 Oz
Hi, my husbands an analyst programmer, we are looking to go to South Australia because we know some people there. What about you?

Lynne
Brisbane is our first choice as we have friends there, and have been over a few times now. My OH is systems administrator and will be applying under the oracle Modl asco code, we will start the process of Rpl very soon.To be honest we would go to anywhere just to get in and then see what the future holds. Joanne
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Just tried to book the timeslot to tie in with the seminar but couldn't, the SA seminar is at 2pm on Saturday, and the nearest time I can get is 11.45am but they want us in and out in 2 hours. The next time is 14.15 so have had to go for that. I'm more intersted in the employers anyway
Now to the thicko bit, what does 'Invitation to interview with Australia needs skills expos' mean? Is is just a fancy way of saying you can attend?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Originally Posted by melbert
Oh well, never mind, I just guess we weren't lucky this time! Well done for getting an invite though! Good luck!!
Mel
Well, I never, just got the invite through now!!! Guess, we did have a bit of luck there then!!!

Mel
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

We've had our invites through as well.

One question, is it worth attending before or after submitting ACS?? I am hoping I would have submitted to ACS by end of this month....
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Off 2 Oz
Forgot to say, anyone going down from Scotland?
My OH has just booked his flights down from edinburgh, hes going on the Sunday.

Lindsay
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

elkitos is an unknown quantity at this point

Well after quite a few people posted that they had recieved invites to the expo even before registration had closed officialy ... I had given up ... but it seems those of us in IT are not foresaken afterall ... by coincidence I just couriered my ACS skills assessment just before Staples closed this evening ... so just have to decide on a time slot now ....
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Got my invite yesterday and might be going down on the Saturday for the QLD timeslot, not sure yet though.

I've almost completed my RPL now and will be sending that in the next few days (pending last reference) so not sure how much I'll get out of the expo really.

Hmmm.....decisions....
Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

jo1304 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: London Expo

Hi, anyone else going from Scotland?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.