Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Old Aug 10th 2012, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

ashkan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 175 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I do not like being addressed as "man" any more than I enjoy being addressed as "mate" or "dear" by people who do not know me. Nor is it good English or acceptable to the majority of people in Australia.

That means no more than that someone at DIAC has changed the status to say "Application being processed further",
I got an email from my Case Officer also today asking for some more documents...whatever it means it's better than nothing
Old Aug 10th 2012, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Aus_NSS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ashkan
I got an email from my Case Officer also today asking for some more documents...whatever it means it's better than nothing
Gr8! dont knw what my CO is upto not asking for my PCC or health check
Old Aug 10th 2012, 9:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aus_NSS
Gr8! dont knw what my CO is upto not asking for my PCC or health check
PCC and medicals have a "life" of 12 months - that is rom the date they are done to the date by which you need to enter Australia. If they are done too soon they will have to be re-done before the visa can be granted.
External checks can take several months. Your CO is almost certainly being cautious and is just not asking for the pcc and meds too soon.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 6:54 am
Just Joined

PCC and medicals have a "life" of 12 months - that is rom the date they are done to the date by which you need to enter Australia. If they are done too soon they will have to be re-done before the visa can be granted.
External checks can take several months. Your CO is almost certainly being cautious and is just not asking for the pcc and meds too soon.
Got ur Point Pollyana already waited for 7 month another year looks very long can u tell me what checks are included in the External check all the doc i uploaded already in the "met" status.

A fr of mine applied two month after me, his CO ask for PCC & health check on the same day his status got updated to "met" looks like he will get his VISA next week & i have to keep for a long time............................................
Old Aug 11th 2012, 12:02 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Got ur Point Pollyana already waited for 7 month another year looks very long can u tell me what checks are included in the External check all the doc i uploaded already in the "met" status.

A fr of mine applied two month after me, his CO ask for PCC & health check on the same day his status got updated to "met" looks like he will get his VISA next week & i have to keep for a long time............................................
They are checks carried out by the CO with your home country, mainly security based as far as I understand it.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:31 am
Just Joined

razauq is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Julia and others
Subclass 176 applicant here. Lodged in jun 2012 acknowledged on 8th jun. CO contacted on 16 Jul 2012 and asked for Wife's Birth certificate which I emailed and since then have not heard from the CO keeping the fingers crossed.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:18 am
Telecom Expert

ahmaddd2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Sub class 176 Progress ( Application lodgment date 2nd Feb 2012)

Hello everyone ,

I have applied for 176 Visa Subclass ( WA sponsored ) on 2nd Feb, Case officer assigned on 19th Feb 2012 . She asked for some more documents , then silence. No updates yet , so anyone with same scenario. Any expectation that till one will we get Medical / Police clearance call.

Regards

Eddy
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:22 am
Home and Happy

Default Re: GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Threads merged
Old Aug 17th 2012, 4:23 am
Just Joined

anujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really nice

Hi all.. Applied 175 MODL online (Accountant) - India on 12th June. Status changed to 'Application being processed further' on 13/8/2012 - whatever thats supposed to mean. Lets hope DIAC keeps up the speed in the coming months.. with no first round of SkillSelect invitations in sight! Allocation Status jumped from 23rd Jan to 19th March in the latest fortnightly update.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 4:28 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anujoz
Hi all.. Applied 175 MODL online (Accountant) - India on 12th June. Status changed to 'Application being processed further' on 13/8/2012 - whatever thats supposed to mean. Lets hope DIAC keeps up the speed in the coming months.. with no first round of SkillSelect invitations in sight! Allocation Status jumped from 23rd Jan to 19th March in the latest fortnightly update.
'Application being processed further' doesn't necessarily mean anything. Don't worry too much about status changes (or the lack thereof). There are people that have had their visas granted whilst their statuses still showed 'required'.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:44 am
Just Joined

They are checks carried out by the CO with your home country, mainly security based as far as I understand it.
Hi pollyana when u said it takes 12 month to complete external checking i though Ok 2 month top but what i found out some people are stuck with over 2 yrs ......curse u ASIO......any idea what triggers this external checking coz none of my fr got stuck with it.....so Y ME????.....
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:53 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi pollyana when u said it takes 12 month to complete external checking i though Ok 2 month top but what i found out some people are stuck with over 2 yrs ......curse u ASIO......any idea what triggers this external checking coz none of my fr got stuck with it.....so Y ME????.....
Therein lies the problem of comparing your case with your friends'. No two cases are the same. No two case officers are the same. Some peoples' cases take longer & security checks are known to take a while. Getting stressed about the length of time it's taking really won't help at all.

Patience is a virtue!
Old Aug 17th 2012, 8:51 am
Just Joined

hopew75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Just thought I'll share my experience. May be of some interest or use to others.

I'm qualified as a pre-primary teacher (listed as Early Education teacher on the SOL) and hence the primary applicant. I have dual citizenship for South Africa and UK - applied on UK passport. My partner is the secondary applicant. We have been thinking of applying for 175 visa for a while so started getting things ready last year. Did Academic IELTS December 2011. Skills assessment done February 2012 - took 10 weeks to the day!

We decided to do everything ourselves as we weren't prepared to pay £2000 on top of the visa application fee. I referred to the immigration website and forums quite a lot to help complete our application.

Submitted online application 7 June 2012. Frontloaded police checks as documents checklist said for it to be done in 28 days - better safe than sorry. Also frontloaded health checks for the same reason. And then we got ready for the 12 - 18 month waiting game!

CO officer contacted us by standard e-mail 16 August 2012 requesting police checks and health checks. I informed them that it has been attached.

Visas granted 17 August 2012. 2 months and 10 days!

We have to enter by 19 June 2013 and I'm just starting a new job!

Fair to say, things are happening a bit quicker than we thought. Now have to sell 2 houses and start looking for jobs etc. May go for a holiday at Easter just to activate visas giving us a bit more time to organise things.

Good luck to everyone!
Old Aug 17th 2012, 10:19 am
Just Joined

anujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really nice
Smile Re: GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Originally Posted by hopew75
Hi all

Just thought I'll share my experience. May be of some interest or use to others.

I'm qualified as a pre-primary teacher (listed as Early Education teacher on the SOL) and hence the primary applicant. I have dual citizenship for South Africa and UK - applied on UK passport. My partner is the secondary applicant. We have been thinking of applying for 175 visa for a while so started getting things ready last year. Did Academic IELTS December 2011. Skills assessment done February 2012 - took 10 weeks to the day!

We decided to do everything ourselves as we weren't prepared to pay £2000 on top of the visa application fee. I referred to the immigration website and forums quite a lot to help complete our application.

Submitted online application 7 June 2012. Frontloaded police checks as documents checklist said for it to be done in 28 days - better safe than sorry. Also frontloaded health checks for the same reason. And then we got ready for the 12 - 18 month waiting game!

CO officer contacted us by standard e-mail 16 August 2012 requesting police checks and health checks. I informed them that it has been attached.

Visas granted 17 August 2012. 2 months and 10 days!

We have to enter by 19 June 2013 and I'm just starting a new job!

Fair to say, things are happening a bit quicker than we thought. Now have to sell 2 houses and start looking for jobs etc. May go for a holiday at Easter just to activate visas giving us a bit more time to organise things.

Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations hopew75.. Thats a very impressive speed for a 175 grant (probably because it comes from a low risk country). Nonetheless, your update has given us a lot of hope. Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2012, 1:49 pm
Home and Happy

Read my reply again. Your CO decides if your case requires external checks, and I would NEVER say they take 12 months - they take as long as it takes. I remember one person on here applying for a spouse visa. His took 2 and a half years. Also, the timeline is not down to ASIO, it is down to the security organisation in the home country - they are the one doing the checks.

What I did say was that PCC and Medicals have a life of 12 months, after that you can be asked to do them again. Totally different subject.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.