Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Old Jan 16th 2012, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

JustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura about
Default GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Hi

I have just pressed send on my 175 Visa application, now joining the waiting game. Anyone in the same boat as me who want to share their journey and experiences and keep me company

Few details
175 Visa (in my husbands name, I am the hanger on but doing all the research and leg work!)
Husband is a software engineer
UK Based
Hoping to go to Melbourne
Doing the Visa ourselves (boy they don't make it easy!)

Look forward to hearing from people in the same boat

Bye for now
JustJulia
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:41 am
Just Joined

peelaaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2012 175 Visa Application start - Share journey

Originally Posted by JustJulia
Hi

I have just pressed send on my 175 Visa application, now joining the waiting game. Anyone in the same boat as me who want to share their journey and experiences and keep me company

Few details
175 Visa (in my husbands name, I am the hanger on but doing all the research and leg work!)
UK Based

Bye for now
JustJulia
Hi, I haven't applied yet but just wondering was your husbands job title exactly the same as one on the SOL as mine is different but I am doing same job as some of them listed ans wondering how difficult it is to obtain proof.

thanks
peelaaa
Old Jan 17th 2012, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

JustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by peelaaa
Hi, I haven't applied yet but just wondering was your husbands job title exactly the same as one on the SOL as mine is different but I am doing same job as some of them listed ans wondering how difficult it is to obtain proof.

thanks
peelaaa
Hi Peelaaa

My husband's degree is Software Engineering so in the list but most of his recent roles have come under a Tech Director type role but all references have covered his job content and skills which covers software engineering (which is quite broad)The only issue we had was my Husband had had quite a few jobs and been part self employed to had to do a lot do digging and waiting for others to give us the references and contract proof we needed. Good Luck x
Old Jan 17th 2012, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Chimmel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Few details
UK Based

Bye for now
JustJulia
ME! I "pressed send" on my application on Saturday (14th January 2012).

Few details:
-175 Visa (in my name, with my partner as 'de facto')
- assessed as an Accountant per SOL
- UK Based
- Planning to go to Sydney

Also doing visas ourselves. It's a little overwhelming. Just when it seems easy, you find something that isn't very well expalined and it makes you question your common sense. I've dealt with a lot of things by taking a step back and imagining what I would think if I were a case officer (hard to do that for some things where you're just not sure what they need).

I'm very excited, problem is I just want to go now (3 week holiday in 30 sleeps will have to suffice for now)!!!
Old Jan 17th 2012, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Peelaaa

My husband's degree is Software Engineering so in the list but most of his recent roles have come under a Tech Director type role but all references have covered his job content and skills which covers software engineering (which is quite broad)The only issue we had was my Husband had had quite a few jobs and been part self employed to had to do a lot do digging and waiting for others to give us the references and contract proof we needed. Good Luck x

Quick question. Did you do your police checks now?

The immi site says you don't need to do them until asked if you're applying outside australia "If you are applying outside Australia, you do not have to provide this information when you apply. You will be advised when it is required."

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/

But the document checklist seesm to suggest I need to do this withing the 28 days!!!

Also did you do Form 80? I've seen a lot to suggest you need to do it, but it's required (so I may just ignore it... there are enough forms already)!

Thanks
Old Jan 17th 2012, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chimmel
Quick question. Did you do your police checks now?

The immi site says you don't need to do them until asked if you're applying outside australia "If you are applying outside Australia, you do not have to provide this information when you apply. You will be advised when it is required."

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/

But the document checklist seesm to suggest I need to do this withing the 28 days!!!

Also did you do Form 80? I've seen a lot to suggest you need to do it, but it's required (so I may just ignore it... there are enough forms already)!

Thanks
Hello Visa Buddy

We pressed send on the same day....will be interesting to see how each of us progress! Yes have printed out the Form 80 to fill in (then scan and email to them!) as I think they will ask for it and it just saves time if you do it first.

I have been advised be several people on this forum not to pre-load medical and police checks as they expire after a year and chances are we are in for a longer wait than that. When they need them they will be in touch (although I am like you and want do do everything possible to make sure it goes as quickly and smoothly as possible.

Have a fab time when you go, we were there this time last year, had an 8 month old so flight was hell!!

Jx
Old Feb 9th 2012, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Oppyddrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I pressed send in the second last week of 2011 so i want to believe i can squeeze into this group .

I live in Australia already on a 457 visa but had to put in the offshore application for the PR as a result (long story) lol

Anyways, i am in the waiting game as well; i dont know if you all know about the allocation schedule on the immi website,http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tion-times.htm it shows that most of all the other application classes have been allocated. The 175 however has been moving at the speed of about 3 days every 2 weeks... i find that really disturbing and annoying even

i have been trying to psych myself into not checking for a month, but i am weak. lol

because i am going to need an FBI check, i have started the application for that as it takes a while (8-10 weeks) to get processed (that is if the fingerprints are even accepted). hopefully, by the time that comes through, allocations will be closer.

Good luck to everyone!

Oppy
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Trina1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone,

I am ready with all the necessary things to apply for 175, just waiting for my credit limit to be increased so that the visa fees can be met.
Hopefully, I will be applying next week for the GSM 175. Here are my details:

I am developer programmer(I am applying as the main applicant with my husband and kid as secondary applicants)
I am from India.

Please do share your experiences and the waiting anxiety

People who have applied, please tell me one thing. While applying online, you did not have to upload the docs that time right? How many days after you got the email having the link for uploading the docs?

Regards,
Trina
Old Feb 10th 2012, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Trina1983
Hello Everyone,

I am ready with all the necessary things to apply for 175, just waiting for my credit limit to be increased so that the visa fees can be met.
Hopefully, I will be applying next week for the GSM 175. Here are my details:

I am developer programmer(I am applying as the main applicant with my husband and kid as secondary applicants)
I am from India.

Please do share your experiences and the waiting anxiety

People who have applied, please tell me one thing. While applying online, you did not have to upload the docs that time right? How many days after you got the email having the link for uploading the docs?

Regards,
Trina
Hello and welcome
Once you have paid you are given a reference number and then you can log in and upload your documents.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/a...N&group=travel

Justjulia
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:03 am
Just Joined

Hey All,

I have applied for the 175 visa and got the TRN number. Now when I log in with that TRN number, I get a link to upload documents. Can I go ahead and upload the documents now or I will have to wait for an email from DIAC telling me to upload?

Another thing is that, they tell to upload electronic photo. Does it mean scanned copies of passport sized photo??

Please help.

Thanks
Trina
Old Feb 14th 2012, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Hey All,

I have applied for the 175 visa and got the TRN number. Now when I log in with that TRN number, I get a link to upload documents. Can I go ahead and upload the documents now or I will have to wait for an email from DIAC telling me to upload?

Another thing is that, they tell to upload electronic photo. Does it mean scanned copies of passport sized photo??

Please help.

Thanks
Trina
Hi Trina,

There are 2 seperate places you can log into. One to upload documents and one to check the status of your application. The first seems to be the one you refer too, and the second shows you the status (I believe this doesn't really change until you get a case officer (i.e. documents you have uploaded still appear as "required" until someone looks for them.

If you have applied, you can upload documents any time from now. You have 28 days to upload, but from what I've read again as long as signed copies are dated within the 28 days it should be ok - don't quote me on that though!

So upload all the info you have as soon as you have it, with the exception of medicals and police checks, whihc (although the "check the status of your application" suggests otherwise) you should wait for the case officer to ask for these.

Good luck!
Old Feb 14th 2012, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Hi Trina,

There are 2 seperate places you can log into. One to upload documents and one to check the status of your application. The first seems to be the one you refer too, and the second shows you the status (I believe this doesn't really change until you get a case officer (i.e. documents you have uploaded still appear as "required" until someone looks for them.

If you have applied, you can upload documents any time from now. You have 28 days to upload, but from what I've read again as long as signed copies are dated within the 28 days it should be ok - don't quote me on that though!

So upload all the info you have as soon as you have it, with the exception of medicals and police checks, whihc (although the "check the status of your application" suggests otherwise) you should wait for the case officer to ask for these.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for your info. That really helped. Then I think I will simply arrange the scanned photos of me, my husband and kid and then go ahead with the uploading.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Forgot to mention this bit. Yes, I just did scanned copies of photos. My friend did a 175 2 years ago, and he did the same (with no problems) so assume this will still be fine.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Forgot to mention this bit. Yes, I just did scanned copies of photos. My friend did a 175 2 years ago, and he did the same (with no problems) so assume this will still be fine.
Alright. Do we have any specifications of the pics to be scanned? like white background or stuff like that? Or is it plain passport size photo?

Just out of curiosity..did you also apply for GSM 175? When did you apply? and how long it took for you to get the visa?

you can choose not to answer if you think the question is private
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Alright. Do we have any specifications of the pics to be scanned? like white background or stuff like that? Or is it plain passport size photo?

Just out of curiosity..did you also apply for GSM 175? When did you apply? and how long it took for you to get the visa?

you can choose not to answer if you think the question is private
I just used a normal passport photo and got it scanned in colour (I just attached seperate A4 sheets of paper each with a passport photo for both me and my partner).

I just applied on January 15th 2012, GSM 175. I'm not expecting to be anywhere close to emigrating till early next year, but hopefully I get a nice surprise.

My friend did GSM in December 2009 and got his visa in May 2010 (but from what I've heard he was very lucky with such a short timeframe).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.