Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Old Sep 1st 2012, 12:30 pm
Telecom Expert

ahmaddd2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time frame between pcc and grant ?

Originally Posted by mnicona
I guess it can unfortunately, however I think the introduction of the new Skillselect process is aiming to reduce the likelihood of this happening again. Skillselect aims to better manage the numbers of active applications in the system (i.e. they invite you to apply).

Good luck!
Well to add a little more here is that I belong to a HR country also & my colleagues who applied for Visa subclass 475( WA Regional) in March 2012 & he get the visa in June whereas I & some others applied for 176 in Feb & still waiting for our Medical & PCC call . Therefore, through my observation, Cap & ceasing is not being done now cuz ppl are getting their visas in these days also here.
So & Hope for the best.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 2:01 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Still not sure if you're being sarcastic...lol!

Anyway, now you're asking me to 'elaborate' on something!!!

Below is an excerpt from the Cap and Cease letters sent out a few years ago to those waiting for their applications to be processed. It basically meant 'we've reached our quota, so we're effectively cancelling your application - sorry!".
This really is not helpful. Posting the content of an old cap & cease letter may cause people that just come across this thread to worry. There's absolutely no indication that there will be another cap & cease, so there's no need to bring up out of date information that could cause people to be anxious that their applications will be cancelled.

Whilst I appreciate that you were trying to explain cap & cease to someone, please ensure that the information is current so that people aren't potentially misled.

Originally Posted by shah
no sarcasm ....relax ...lol....

this cap and cease is terrifying ...... this means it can happen anytime and out of no where??
Whilst the minister always retains the right to cap & cease, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that he is going to. There have been no announcements about cap & cease, so I really wouldn't worry about it too much.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Sep 1st 2012 at 2:19 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

mnicona will become famous soon enoughmnicona will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
This really is not helpful. Posting the content of an old cap & cease letter may cause people that just come across this thread to worry. There's absolutely no indication that there will be another cap & cease, so there's no need to bring up out of date information that could cause people to be anxious that their applications will be cancelled.

Whilst I appreciate that you were trying to explain cap & cease to someone, please ensure that the information is current so that people aren't potentially misled.

Whilst the minister always retains the right to cap & cease, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that he is going to. There have been no announcements about cap & cease, so I really wouldn't worry about it too much.
Somewhat of a fair point, especially after going back into the thread! I was simply trying to answer a posters direct question, and I suppose there's always going to be misunderstanding of content if people read forum threads half way through and out of context....something we can't always police. However your point about this particular piece I can appreciate may cause concern if read out of context.

If you feel it necessary, simply remove that part of my message (as I'm unable to edit now)...I have no issue with that. Assuming you have mod privaleges that is?

Last edited by mnicona; Sep 1st 2012 at 9:51 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 12:02 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhat of a fair point, especially after going back into the thread! I was simply trying to answer a posters direct question, and I suppose there's always going to be misunderstanding of content if people read forum threads half way through and out of context....something we can't always police. However your point about this particular piece I can appreciate may cause concern if read out of context.

If you feel it necessary, simply remove that part of my message (as I'm unable to edit now)...I have no issue with that. Assuming you have mod privaleges that is?
Done.

The advantage of mod privileges.
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 1:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Easy way to tell - blue stars and the word "Moderator" (or Super Moderator) under the username - if you ever need a mod, you can also use the Report button, which is the exclamation mark next to the karma button, then it will be seen by all the Mods for that forum

Not just aimed at you by the way - that's general info for anyone posting
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Easy way to tell - blue stars and the word "Moderator" (or Super Moderator) under the username - if you ever need a mod, you can also use the Report button, which is the exclamation mark next to the karma button, then it will be seen by all the Mods for that forum

Not just aimed at you by the way - that's general info for anyone posting
Thanks mrsgreenstar.

Cheers for pointing out the obvious Pollyana....lol! I just didn't know what level/type of permissions each moderator has that's all.

Plus you're a mod and don't have blue stars....so now you're getting technical
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 5:42 am
Just Joined

anujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really nice
Default Re: GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Just a Quick Timeline update for my 175 application:

12 Jun 2012 Online 175 lodged
13 Aug 2012 Application Being Processed Further
28 Aug 2012 CO contacted me and Requested Meds & PCC
31 Aug 2012 Meds and PCC uploaded
(online status for my TRN shows Meds as Received)

Awaiting further communication from CO....
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 6:19 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mrsgreenstar.

Cheers for pointing out the obvious Pollyana....lol! I just didn't know what level/type of permissions each moderator has that's all.

Plus you're a mod and don't have blue stars....so now you're getting technical
No, I'm a supermod, hence the gold stars
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No, I'm a supermod, hence the gold stars
Touché
Old Sep 4th 2012, 3:30 am
Just Joined

anujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really nice

Originally Posted by anujoz
Just a Quick Timeline update for my 175 application:

12 Jun 2012 Online 175 lodged
13 Aug 2012 Application Being Processed Further
28 Aug 2012 CO contacted me and Requested Meds & PCC
31 Aug 2012 Meds and PCC uploaded
(online status for my TRN shows Meds as Received)

Awaiting further communication from CO....
Visa Granted: 4/9/2012. Need to enter before 29 Aug 2013. Wooohoooo!! Suddenly, I cant feel the ground under my feet

Visas are being granted earlier than anyone of us have expected recently. Anyone in the Q - just keep going through the process it will be picked up faster than you think. Cheers & All the Best!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 3:33 am

Visa Granted: 4/9/2012. Need to enter before 29 Aug 2013. Wooohoooo!! Suddenly, I cant feel the ground under my feet

Visas are being granted earlier than anyone of us have expected recently. Anyone in the Q - just keep going through the process it will be picked up faster than you think. Cheers & All the Best!
Congratulations!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats.....this is really fast...by the way, are u from HR or LR country?

Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:15 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and good luck
Old Sep 4th 2012, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

xubeynalym is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Today I got a much awaited email from my case-officer informing that my case has been picked up for further processing and this requires Form 80, Form 1221 and CV/Resume. I have following queries and will need your expert opinions on these.

1) Do I have to submit Form 80 and 1221 for both, Primary (myself) and Secondary (wife) applicants?

2) Evidences which I have already submitted at time of lodgment, do I need to resend it with Form 80 and 1221, or just the ones which were not sent initially?

3) My parents migrated from India to Pakistan without proper documentations. They do have all the necessary documents from their current country, Pakistan but don’t have any documents from their country of origin. We also don’t have evidence to show my mother’s name before her marriage. What shall I do in this case? Do we have to give the info/details of our Parents or evidence is also a mandatory requirement?

4) My wife’s name in her birth certificate is written wrongly and I submitted that at time of lodgment. Now her name in all the documents and evidences is not matching with her birth-certificate. What shall I do?

5) Generally, what evidences shall I provide to my case-officer so that his job on my case becomes easier? I have submitted following so far
Primary: Passport, Computerized National ID Card, Birth Certificate, Work & Education letters, ACS letter, IELTS, PP Photographs
Secondary: Passport, Computerized National ID Card, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, PP Photographs

Your reply to my above-mentioned FIVE questions will be of great support.

Thanks

xubeynalym
Old Sep 4th 2012, 1:46 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by xubeynalym
Hello,

Today I got a much awaited email from my case-officer informing that my case has been picked up for further processing and this requires Form 80, Form 1221 and CV/Resume. I have following queries and will need your expert opinions on these.

1) Do I have to submit Form 80 and 1221 for both, Primary (myself) and Secondary (wife) applicants?
As it says on the forms - This is a supplementary form required to support your visa application and is to be completed by all applicants who are 18 years of age or over.
2) Evidences which I have already submitted at time of lodgment, do I need to resend it with Form 80 and 1221, or just the ones which were not sent initially?
Did the CO ask you to send evidence again? If not then they don't want it. Just send what they asked for.
3) My parents migrated from India to Pakistan without proper documentations. They do have all the necessary documents from their current country, Pakistan but don’t have any documents from their country of origin. We also don’t have evidence to show my mother’s name before her marriage. What shall I do in this case? Do we have to give the info/details of our Parents or evidence is also a mandatory requirement?
Have you been asked for evidence? If not then you don't need to supply it. Just fill in the details on the forms.

4) My wife’s name in her birth certificate is written wrongly and I submitted that at time of lodgment. Now her name in all the documents and evidences is not matching with her birth-certificate. What shall I do?
Did you not explain this to the CO originally? If not, you need to write an explanation now.
5) Generally, what evidences shall I provide to my case-officer so that his job on my case becomes easier? I have submitted following so far
Primary: Passport, Computerized National ID Card, Birth Certificate, Work & Education letters, ACS letter, IELTS, PP Photographs
Secondary: Passport, Computerized National ID Card, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, PP Photographs
What evidence has the CO asked for? At the beginning of your post you said they wanted Form 80, Form 1221 and CV/Resume. Why are you so set on sending them things they haven't requested?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.