Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Wikiposts

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Old Aug 22nd 2012, 6:38 pm
Telecom Expert

ahmaddd2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Hello everyone,

Well My application was submited on 02/02/2012 regarding Visa Subclass 176 (WA Sponsered as a Telecom engineer) , then they requested some documents regarding my career and family. Then after completing the documents on 28/02/2012 , "Application being processed further " has been quoted on my aplication status.
I asked my CO about the current status & she stated that routine checks are being made , you patience will be appreciated. My question is that on my Electronic application status the Character & Health requirement has been commented as "Required" but my CO has not asked me personaly on email , so should i wait till she asks for them??
All the best for others on their processing.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

mnicona will become famous soon enoughmnicona will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ahmaddd2
Hello everyone,

Well My application was submited on 02/02/2012 regarding Visa Subclass 176 (WA Sponsered as a Telecom engineer) , then they requested some documents regarding my career and family. Then after completing the documents on 28/02/2012 , "Application being processed further " has been quoted on my aplication status.
I asked my CO about the current status & she stated that routine checks are being made , you patience will be appreciated. My question is that on my Electronic application status the Character & Health requirement has been commented as "Required" but my CO has not asked me personaly on email , so should i wait till she asks for them??
All the best for others on their processing.
From my understanding and experience...the 'required' state is just that (not 'requested), it simply means that medicals/police checks etc are still required as part of the process, however are usually only submitted once requested from your CO. Obviously some people 'front load' these documents, but that's a personal choice based on attempting to speed up the process....which it may well help, but it could also bite you in the ass

Safer to simply wait until your CO is ready, at which point they will request your medicals and character checks and most probably give you a 28 day window to get them done and submitted to DIAC.

Again from experience, don't stress about the the 28 day window they give you to organise your docs (meds/police)...it simply means that they want some sort of communication from you in regards to this. So if you are worried that you won't get the results back from character checks or medicals within 28 days, no need to worry...instead provide evidence (receipts, appointment confirmations, emails etc) to show that you've initiated the process to obtain the requested docs.....that should suffice in regards to their 28 day timeline.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

qadeer591 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got an email from CO asking for health & PCC. All other requirements are met. Looks like things are going on track :-)
Old Aug 27th 2012, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

qadeer591 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by qadeer591
Got an email from CO asking for health & PCC. All other requirements are met. Looks like things are going on track :-)
If we have to defer the X-Ray due to pregnancy then should we go ahead and apply for PCC or we wait until the baby is born?
Old Aug 27th 2012, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

If we have to defer the X-Ray due to pregnancy then should we go ahead and apply for PCC or we wait until the baby is born?
Every case and CO is different, but when I experienced this I was advised by my CO to wait until after the pregnancy before obtaining medicals as well as PCCs.

I'm sure others on here have differing experiences though. Maybe just ask the question directly to your CO...see what they advise.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 3:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The pcc is only valid for 12 months. If you get it now you will quite possibly need to do it again before the visa is granted.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 5:43 pm
Telecom Expert

Originally Posted by mnicona
From my understanding and experience...the 'required' state is just that (not 'requested), it simply means that medicals/police checks etc are still required as part of the process, however are usually only submitted once requested from your CO. Obviously some people 'front load' these documents, but that's a personal choice based on attempting to speed up the process....which it may well help, but it could also bite you in the ass

Safer to simply wait until your CO is ready, at which point they will request your medicals and character checks and most probably give you a 28 day window to get them done and submitted to DIAC.

Again from experience, don't stress about the the 28 day window they give you to organise your docs (meds/police)...it simply means that they want some sort of communication from you in regards to this. So if you are worried that you won't get the results back from character checks or medicals within 28 days, no need to worry...instead provide evidence (receipts, appointment confirmations, emails etc) to show that you've initiated the process to obtain the requested docs.....that should suffice in regards to their 28 day timeline.
Thank you mnicona for your valuable advice. i think i should now join the Wait Game . But one thing revolves in my mind , if something is wrong in my aplication or some issue is arised , i hope the CO first asks for clarification or directly rejects the application??

And congrates Qadeer , you are one of some lucky ones .!.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

nedian65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you mnicona for your valuable advice. i think i should now join the Wait Game . But one thing revolves in my mind , if something is wrong in my aplication or some issue is arised , i hope the CO first asks for clarification or directly rejects the application??

And congrates Qadeer , you are one of some lucky ones .!.

@ahmaddd2
what i know is that if some issue arises, first they will ask for clarification & give around 15 days time before rejecting the application. Did CO ask for any further things after you applied to DIAC??
Old Aug 27th 2012, 6:35 pm
Telecom Expert

Originally Posted by nedian65
@ahmaddd2
what i know is that if some issue arises, first they will ask for clarification & give around 15 days time before rejecting the application. Did CO ask for any further things after you applied to DIAC??
Well after applyt DIAC , then CO was assigned , she asked for some birth evidence of my kid , some reference letters & tax return certificates of my 3 years career points. thats all. Fingures crossed now , waiting for PCC & Health check .
Old Aug 27th 2012, 7:01 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Well after applyt DIAC , then CO was assigned , she asked for some birth evidence of my kid , some reference letters & tax return certificates of my 3 years career points. thats all. Fingures crossed now , waiting for PCC & Health check .
Ahmadd2 - have you done IELTS because I noticed in another post of yours that you hadn't and your wife hasn't passed either. I don't think you can get a 176 visa without an Ielts pass
Old Aug 27th 2012, 7:29 pm
Telecom Expert

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Ahmadd2 - have you done IELTS because I noticed in another post of yours that you hadn't and your wife hasn't passed either. I don't think you can get a 176 visa without an Ielts pass
Well i have passed my IELTS in November 2011 [ 7,7,7,9 ].. & well i must say , good memory Sparkles , at that time my wife IELTS result was pending when i applied at DIAC , i submited her IELTS result (5.5) also later than.. SO i guess iam elligble now ..!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Just adding a time line update for my 175 visa application (family of 4)...

MAY 15 - Submitted an online application (all standard forms as well as ACS and IELTS results)
AUG 04 - Case Officer assigned and requested medicals and police clearances
AUG 09 - Applied for UK police clearance certificates (myself and my wife)
AUG 13 - Completed all required medicals (myself, wife and two children)
AUG 13 - Applied for CANADIAN police clearance certificates (myself and my wife)
AUG 20 - Medicals received by DIAC
AUG 21 - UK and CANADIAN police clearance certificates received and uploaded to DIAC

Now I wait...

Just received an email from my CO....VISA GRANTED
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:02 am
Telecom Expert

Just received an email from my CO....VISA GRANTED
That is so awesome... Congratulations mnicona !!!!!!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

That is so awesome... Congratulations mnicona !!!!!!
Thanks

I told my little boy (3) and he wanted to go feed a kangaroo this afternoon (like he did on his last trip out there)....I don't think he quite realizes that it's more than a few hours to Australia!
Old Aug 29th 2012, 12:06 am
Telecom Expert

One more query please :

Some of my friends have received Medical & PCC calls here recently , so if I make my PCC from the authorities ( cuz it’s a tiring process here) & keep it ready with me ( cuz it has 3 months validity). So hoping if I get a Medical & PCC call in a month , I submit it straight away ..!!! Any harm in doing it .?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.