Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Wikiposts

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Old Sep 10th 2013, 9:27 pm
Telecom Expert

ahmaddd2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Originally Posted by obaidhabib
Hi,

I applied as an independent 175 on 7th April 2012, its going to be 17 months since my application on the 12th of this month. The first part of the application was quite brisk and all formalities completed within the first 7-8 months that's since when status of all my submissions has been stated as 'met' in my online account except for the medical and PCC. Anyone else on the list with the same time frame and similar situation?
Thanks,
Obaid , stay put & just wait. Hope for the best. Many are like this . I applied on 176 which is supposed to be a bit faster than 175 . My case took 19 months & still waiting positively . My Medical call came after 17th month & after submision of medical still waiting . All the best to you .
Old Sep 10th 2013, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

obaidhabib is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ahmaddd2
Obaid , stay put & just wait. Hope for the best. Many are like this . I applied on 176 which is supposed to be a bit faster than 175 . My case took 19 months & still waiting positively . My Medical call came after 17th month & after submision of medical still waiting . All the best to you .
Thank you for the quick response.
BR,
Obaid.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:21 pm
Telecom Expert

Hello Everyone. ,

I just checked online that my medicals are finalized but another thing is mentioned now that "Character Assessment Particulars outstanding" .!!...... Although I have submitted my PCC also with my medicals recently , what else could it be??.. Any idea seniors????

Regards

AD
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:27 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone. ,

I just checked online that my medicals are finalized but another thing is mentioned now that "Character Assessment Particulars outstanding" .!!...... Although I have submitted my PCC also with my medicals recently , what else could it be??.. Any idea seniors????

Regards

AD
If you have submitted PCC's I wouldn't worry - I think I still had medicals showing as referred when our visas were granted. If your CO needs anything they will ask - online status's rely on someone having the time (or not) to update them

Edit : and old in old.sparkles doesn't equate to senior, just a little grey
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:51 pm
Telecom Expert

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If you have submitted PCC's I wouldn't worry - I think I still had medicals showing as referred when our visas were granted. If your CO needs anything they will ask - online status's rely on someone having the time (or not) to update them

Edit : and old in old.sparkles doesn't equate to senior, just a little grey
..! by the way i meant Seniors as seniors / pioneers of the forum. Basicaly my CO updated the online status & added this new coment "Character Assessment Particulars outstanding" . I was just asking is there anything else in normal routine relating to character check other than PCC??.. if any of you saw in past years. Still i know i ll get an email soon from CO asking what ever it is.. I am just getting prepared in advance ..! thanks.

AD
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:53 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

..! by the way i meant Seniors as seniors / pioneers of the forum. Basicaly my CO updated the online status & added this new coment "Character Assessment Particulars outstanding" . I was just asking is there anything else in normal routine relating to character check other than PCC??.. if any of you saw in past years. Still i know i ll get an email soon from CO asking what ever it is.. I am just getting prepared in advance ..! thanks.

AD
I can't think of anything else.

I'd drop the seniors if I was you
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:57 pm
Telecom Expert

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I can't think of anything else.

I'd drop the seniors if I was you

Senior word droped & deleted from my dictionary .. Anyways thanks O.S. ! & wish me luck.

Regards

AD
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:58 pm

Senior word droped & deleted from my dictionary .. Anyways thanks O.S. ! & wish me luck.

Regards

AD
Good luck AD - not too much longer
Old Sep 26th 2013, 8:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone. ,

Regards

AD
If you are from a high risk country DIBP may be carrying out security checks there. These are done directly with the country concerned, the timeline is out of the control of DIBP and you just have to wait.

Your online status really has no relevance. Its only updated when someone gets round to it and many people have their visas granted while their status still says "meds required" "further processing"and other outdated comments.

If you have a serious concern, contact your CO.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 9:12 pm
Telecom Expert

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you are from a high risk country DIBP may be carrying out security checks there. These are done directly with the country concerned, the timeline is out of the control of DIBP and you just have to wait.

Your online status really has no relevance. Its only updated when someone gets round to it and many people have their visas granted while their status still says "meds required" "further processing"and other outdated comments.

If you have a serious concern, contact your CO.
Well you may be right but i assume that my security checks might be complete as i got my med & PCC call after 18 months ..My CO kept on telling me till my medical call that your routine security checks are in process so wait till we call u for a medical . Anyways there might be something with my submitted PCC they need to know , lets see what CO has to say about it. Thank you Pollyana.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 7:23 pm
Telecom Expert

And today is the day..I got the Visa grant ( SS 176 ) .Wait is atlast over. Thank you everyone especially the moderators . Thank u for all the advices , Serenity counsels & support. I learnt a lot from here . All the best to all the pending cases , hoping to hear all the success stories
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 7:24 pm

And today is the day..I got the Visa grant ( SS 176 ) .Wait is atlast over. Thank you everyone especially the moderators . Thank u for all the advices , Serenity counsels & support. I learnt a lot from here . All the best to all the pending cases , hoping to hear all the success stories
Congratulations
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 8:46 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Nov 9th 2013, 1:23 am
Just Joined

syed80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Hi every one,

Update is requested from 176 visa applicants who applied in June 2012, particularly between 26 to 28 June. Has any one been asked for medical and PCC?

Regards
Old Nov 9th 2013, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

tevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by syed80
Hi every one,

Update is requested from 176 visa applicants who applied in June 2012, particularly between 26 to 28 June. Has any one been asked for medical and PCC?

Regards
Hello Syed, as per my analysis, April and May candidates are being given medical/PCC calls. I know few people from April and May who have recently received PCC/med calls and granted visas, even myself included in them. So keep your patience intact and fingers crossed, your time approaching.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.