Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Wikiposts

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Old Nov 28th 2012, 12:56 am
Just Joined

waseemkmarwat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
I don't know whether your case would be considered to be in final stages or not, I'm afraid. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about it too much. There's nothing you can do until DIAC request something from you. Believe me, it will drive you mad if you constantly worry about it! Try & just get on with normal life until you hear something from DIAC. That's probably the best piece of advice I've learned from BE.
You are right...worrying does not do any good...
Old Nov 28th 2012, 8:08 pm
Telecom Expert

ahmaddd2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Seniors

Just got an email from my CO after 5 months . My CO requires the following :

- Primary applicant’s State/Province of birth.
- State/Province of birth for the applicant’s Spouse, Parents and Siblings

Now my question is that should I simply email her back my province name to which we belong ? Would they be expecting any supporting documents?

Regards
Old Nov 28th 2012, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ahmaddd2
Dear Seniors

Just got an email from my CO after 5 months . My CO requires the following :

- Primary applicant’s State/Province of birth.
- State/Province of birth for the applicant’s Spouse, Parents and Siblings

Now my question is that should I simply email her back my province name to which we belong ? Would they be expecting any supporting documents?

Regards
Hi..i got same email few months back aswell...silence since thn...just email her the name of the province..i did that..
Old Dec 5th 2012, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

PrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant future

Just to let you know that today, after a lengthy wait for medicals to be referred, we were granted our 175 visa this morning. Good luck to the last remaining 175s out there!
Old Dec 5th 2012, 3:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PrestonJim
Just to let you know that today, after a lengthy wait for medicals to be referred, we were granted our 175 visa this morning. Good luck to the last remaining 175s out there!
Congratuations Jim - great xmas pressie
Old Dec 6th 2012, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Whilst there are no guarantees for this year, remember that in the last financial year, that although the target for family sponsored applicants was 4100, the outcome was 11,800 - they revised the planning level very late on to 11,750.

As I said, there's no guarantee they'll do it this year, but it's a possibility. I wouldn't worry too much.
I got email from the CO and he has confirmed that my application has not reached the final stages, despite everything being MET and 12 months of SC. Qouta has reached its limits. i hope they increase the qouta this time too...
Old Dec 6th 2012, 6:43 pm
Telecom Expert

Originally Posted by waseemkmarwat
I got email from the CO and he has confirmed that my application has not reached the final stages, despite everything being MET and 12 months of SC. Qouta has reached its limits. i hope they increase the qouta this time too...
did he confirmed you that " Qouta has reached its limit " ?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:31 pm
Telecom Expert

Hello .. Any progress for the people who are waiting for pending 176 category !!.. ??
Old Apr 21st 2013, 5:36 pm
Telecom Expert

I got a question if someone has an idea please put some light on it .
My some friends applied to 190 state sponsorship in October 2012 & they got their visa in last week. On the other side , a group of friends applied for 176 state sponsorship in January & February 2012 and we are still waiting for PCC call even. I know all cases are not same but my friends circle is of same company & profession ( HR country ) and the trend is showing that new points system is faster & the older cases are still pending don’t know why. Its worrying us now .
Old Apr 21st 2013, 5:40 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I got a question if someone has an idea please put some light on it .
My some friends applied to 190 state sponsorship in October 2012 & they got their visa in last week. On the other side , a group of friends applied for 176 state sponsorship in January & February 2012 and we are still waiting for PCC call even. I know all cases are not same but my friends circle is of same company & profession ( HR country ) and the trend is showing that new points system is faster & the older cases are still pending don’t know why. Its worrying us now .
No two cases are the same. It doesn't matter if they are the same profession or not.

Anyway, SkillSelect cases take precedence over pre-SkillSelect cases, so the 176 case would take longer.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

rohan0927 is an unknown quantity at this point

The letter is issued by the department after they have made a lawful decision on whether or not to grant this person a visa. In this case, yes the Department is "the law of the land"as they have are allowed under Australian law to grant visas. They are also working under the policy which states there is no right of appeal on a 175/176.

My advice to the OP is this - if you wish to try and seek any form of appeal or reconsideration of this decision by DIAC, do not publish your personal details or the exact details of your IELTS test on here (or any other forum) until you have discussed the matter with a registered migration agent. You may compromise your case. Agents have given this advice on here in the past regarding appeals, medicals and character issues. You may give out details in good faith which can actually be used against you later - it is well known that case officers read the forum and pick things up from here. You could also find yourself with problems from the IELTS test centre - no-one knows for sure what the exact issue is with the test and by publicising the name of the centre and maybe alleging malpractice there ........ need I go on?
Hi everyone

I tried to solve the issue by using various directions but finally all are turned down and DIAC decision was finalized. Thank you all for your valuable comments and suggestions specially Pollyana.
Anyway I will not give up my migration dream and I am planning to re apply after 3years bar period which end in Sep 2015. I want to know from experts ideas regarding this, especially consequences of this time refusal for future PR applications or any employer sponsored visa after Sep 2015. And any visitor visa before Sep 2015.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 21st 2013, 6:03 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rohan0927
Hi everyone

I tried to solve the issue by using various directions but finally all are turned down and DIAC decision was finalized. Thank you all for your valuable comments and suggestions specially Pollyana.
Anyway I will not give up my migration dream and I am planning to re apply after 3years bar period which end in Sep 2015. I want to know from experts ideas regarding this, especially consequences of this time refusal for future PR applications or any employer sponsored visa after Sep 2015. And any visitor visa before Sep 2015.

Thanks in advance
This is all I could find on the DIAC website (since the search function decided to not work properly ):

Visa refused or cancelled on character grounds
If you have had a visa refused or cancelled on character grounds
since you last arrived in Australia, you will be prevented from
making any further visa applications, except for a Protection visa.
Although, there is also this:

Lodging a further application
If you are currently:
• in Australia and are the holder of a substantive visa at time of application refusal, you may be
eligible to lodge an application for a visa where the Fraud PIC is not an assessable criterion.

• outside Australia at time of application refusal and are not the holder of a substantive visa, you
are eligible to lodge an application for a visa where the Fraud PIC is not an assessable criterion.
I would be very surprised if you manage to get any kind of visa during the ban period.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Apr 21st 2013 at 6:06 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 9:49 pm
Telecom Expert

Hello ,

Its been 17 Months since i applied & still the wait game!... Anyone here who is also pending in 176 category?

Regards
Old Jul 1st 2013, 10:55 pm

Hello ,

Its been 17 Months since i applied & still the wait game!... Anyone here who is also pending in 176 category?

Regards
There undoubtedly are others still waiting. I'm a P5 applicant, waiting for 54 months now. If you're P5, you may be waiting for a while longer. We don't know when DIAC are intending to clear the backlog. I hope you hear something soon.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 12:22 am
Telecom Expert

There undoubtedly are others still waiting. I'm a P5 applicant, waiting for 54 months now. If you're P5, you may be waiting for a while longer. We don't know when DIAC are intending to clear the backlog. I hope you hear something soon.
i am a P4 applicant. Maximum time mentioned is 18 months as per DIAC :

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm

I wonder 176 & 190 is almost the same Visa category & my all friends who applied on 190 after me are now in Australia even ..!! whereas i encouraged them to apply & we 176 are still waiting ..!

I am confused cuz now i am getting some other options also but i just want to wait till 18 months . My investment plans are being effected

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.