Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Wikiposts

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Old Sep 4th 2012, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

xubeynalym is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Thanka Pollyana

I took this Aussie thingy too much on me...but u made it very simple for me now ...

Thankyou once again
Old Sep 6th 2012, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

waseemkmarwat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. I applied back in april 2011 visa 176 family sponsored. My online status shows everything as met except for the Form 80 thing, i am from Hr country and the security assessment is in its 9 month. I just emailed my co about the status of the application and that of Form 80...but seemed like he didnt had anything to share so he asked about who my sponsor was in Au? and weather sponsor has citizen ship etc?well all this information was given at the very begining...you can not apply for visa with out a sponsor...lol...seemed like the DIAC is not getting many applications in this category so he wanted to keep me and himself busy by asking these questions
Old Sep 7th 2012, 1:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waseemkmarwat
Hi all. I applied back in april 2011 visa 176 family sponsored. My online status shows everything as met except for the Form 80 thing, i am from Hr country and the security assessment is in its 9 month. I just emailed my co about the status of the application and that of Form 80...but seemed like he didnt had anything to share so he asked about who my sponsor was in Au? and weather sponsor has citizen ship etc?well all this information was given at the very begining...you can not apply for visa with out a sponsor...lol...seemed like the DIAC is not getting many applications in this category so he wanted to keep me and himself busy by asking these questions
Was your sponsor just PR when you applied? Maybe the CO is wondering whether your sponsor has become a citizen since.
One CO is hardly going to be sitting there twiddling their thumbs due to there being a lack of applications in one category - they would just work on another category simultaneously
Old Sep 7th 2012, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Was your sponsor just PR when you applied? Maybe the CO is wondering whether your sponsor has become a citizen since.
One CO is hardly going to be sitting there twiddling their thumbs due to there being a lack of applications in one category - they would just work on another category simultaneously
Hi..yes he got the citizenship just a month back.that question was fine, But he asked who was my sponsor? previously the CO wont reply to my email for three to four days..now he replies the very next day
Old Sep 7th 2012, 1:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi..yes he got the citizenship just a month back.that question was fine, But he asked who was my sponsor? previously the CO wont reply to my email for three to four days..now he replies the very next day
Maybe he was busy processing applications, maybe he had a couple of days off, maybe he was off sick, maybe his cat had died - COs are human..........
Its a kind-of security thing, asking you to confirm who your sponsor is - to discuss your case he would have to be sure he is talking to the right person, and about the right sponsor. Far too important to risk miscommunication
Old Sep 7th 2012, 7:43 am
Just Joined

hopew75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anujoz
Visa Granted: 4/9/2012. Need to enter before 29 Aug 2013. Wooohoooo!! Suddenly, I cant feel the ground under my feet

Visas are being granted earlier than anyone of us have expected recently. Anyone in the Q - just keep going through the process it will be picked up faster than you think. Cheers & All the Best!
Congratulations! Your patience paid off. Are you ready to go yet or has the fast processing catch you off guard as it did us?
Old Sep 7th 2012, 8:48 am
Just Joined

anujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really nice

Originally Posted by hopew75
Congratulations! Your patience paid off. Are you ready to go yet or has the fast processing catch you off guard as it did us?
Thanks. Yes it did catch us off guard. Planning to travel maybe by late November if things work out ok. Applying for jobs at the moment.. I am an Accountant and plan to go to Melbourne where most of my friends are. Any suggestions
Old Sep 7th 2012, 8:53 am
Just Joined

anujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really nice

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Congratulations!
Originally Posted by shah
congrats.....this is really fast...by the way, are u from HR or LR country?
Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Congratulations and good luck
Thanks mrsgreenstar76, shah and old.sparkles for the good wishes. Just find myself a little unplanned now with the early processing. Will work it out soon.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 6:50 am
Just Joined

Hi. I have emailed my Co regarding the status of my application, among other things i asked specifically about my form 80 and security checks etc....he answers other queries but seems to ignore this question all the time...makes me worried...atleast he can say that its under routine processing just like they do to all applicants....i hope the security checks have started..its almost 10 months since Co has been allocated and all dox met...
Old Sep 17th 2012, 12:51 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of

Hi. I have emailed my Co regarding the status of my application, among other things i asked specifically about my form 80 and security checks etc....he answers other queries but seems to ignore this question all the time...makes me worried...atleast he can say that its under routine processing just like they do to all applicants....i hope the security checks have started..its almost 10 months since Co has been allocated and all dox met...
Things take time. Do you have any control whether your security checks are positive or negative or how much time they will take? Same goes for asking questions for form 80 too (I wonder exactly what do you ask regarding form 80). Don't worry too much .
Old Sep 17th 2012, 5:08 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you've e-mailed your CO a number of times.. If you're worried about your form 80, you make your CO worried too, and therefore make the whole process take longer maybe. Try and be patient and let them do their jobs - they will make a decision when they make it, and not if you keep pestering them
Old Sep 17th 2012, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point

My CO clearly told me that the internal and external checks would take up to 12 months and do not write to him for status updates for atleast 9 to 10 months ..... guess you need to wait a bit more...
Old Sep 18th 2012, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by uzi
Things take time. Do you have any control whether your security checks are positive or negative or how much time they will take? Same goes for asking questions for form 80 too (I wonder exactly what do you ask regarding form 80). Don't worry too much .
thanks...i email him after two months that makes it 5 emails since my application...i need to know whats happening to my application.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 4:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shah
My CO clearly told me that the internal and external checks would take up to 12 months and do not write to him for status updates for atleast 9 to 10 months ..... guess you need to wait a bit more...
@shah...12 months is fine as long as the CO told you something....i have waited for 10 months and hopefully it will end soon
Old Sep 18th 2012, 12:12 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks...i email him after two months that makes it 5 emails since my application...i need to know whats happening to my application.
Have you ever come across the phrase "patience is a virtue"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.