Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Old Jul 19th 2012, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

anujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really nice
Default Re: 175 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

You should be ok there rohan0927 as you were within the deadline. But the test centre took so long to respond is surprising. By the way has your online status changed to application being processed further?
Old Jul 20th 2012, 4:28 am
Just Joined

rohan0927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks anujoz for your comment. Still online status are not changed and I am comfused because four weeks already left. Any openion?
Old Jul 20th 2012, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

khanyawar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rohan0927
Hi all

Applied 175 online on 27th March 2012 as production Engineer. Received mail from CO on 30th May stating that my IELTS results (TRF) not matched with on line verification and asked to reply within 28 days. I checked this IELTS matter with test center and they sent a confirmation mail to the CO directly on 23rd June (just 4days befor the dead line). Still I havent got reply from the CO. Does it take mor time?
Wow, you would never think that things like that could also happen... tough luck!

you should complain to IELTS authorities why the online verification failed and caused you unnecessary trouble.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 7:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rohan0927
Thanks anujoz for your comment. Still online status are not changed and I am comfused because four weeks already left. Any openion?
Many online statuses are never updated and visas are granted while the status says "documents required". You cannot rely on the status being updated.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

anujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really niceanujoz is just really nice

Yes pollyanna you are correct. I wanted rohan0927 to confirm to all of us that he has a CO assigned but his online status has not changed to being processed further. So you never know someone may already be looking into our application without us even knowing it. Thats creepy!
Old Jul 20th 2012, 11:46 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anujoz
Yes pollyanna you are correct. I wanted rohan0927 to confirm to all of us that he has a CO assigned but his online status has not changed to being processed further. So you never know someone may already be looking into our application without us even knowing it. Thats creepy!
It wouldn't matter if they had a CO or not, it wouldn't have any impact on your application (or anyone else's).
Old Jul 21st 2012, 4:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

What's creepy about it? Many COs, Support Officers and Admin officers are likely to handle part of your application during its processing time. Logic says that no one person is going to do every single part of the process, its about good use of resources - for instance if a CO needs a large part of the file copied they may hand it to an Admin Officer as that is moer within their role while the CO carries on processing and verifying documents.
Equally its logical that every time someone touches the file they don't update the status - some staff are better than others, we've observed over the years - nor do they contact you to just say "Hi, I'm doing this to your file today"- each contact has to be logged and documented according to government file note guidelines, and that slows down the actual processing. Hence staff will only contact you when they need to, otherwise they are creating more work for themselves by having to make records of that contact

Hope that makes sense!
Old Jul 21st 2012, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Aus_NSS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Please don't request e-mail addresses/contact details for COs. They have a right to work without their details being spread across the 'net.
Can any one at least tell what is the SUBJECT CO use while contacting people, cause i am getting a lot of junk e mail now a days and having trouble filtering them .....................what can be done if any one do miss out the e mail CO sends ....any good advice would be highly appreciated
Old Jul 21st 2012, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Yes it does make sense that they are not increasing work for themselves And it also boils down to the fact that getting a PR visa is not easy and should not be easy. Even if there are no pending apps, they cannot grant it in 2 months - thats not the norm anywhere. So keeping my fingers crossed and awaiting outcome. I am only adding value to my application in the meantime by adding any additional document that I can find that supports my case. Sticking to the basics...
Old Jul 21st 2012, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
It wouldn't matter if they had a CO or not, it wouldn't have any impact on your application (or anyone else's).
It was not about whether it affects my or anyone else's application but about the online status of the application after a CO has contacted the applicant
Old Jul 21st 2012, 12:09 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

It was not about whether it affects my or anyone else's application but about the online status of the application after a CO has contacted the applicant
Well, as Pollyana has already mentioned, online statuses don't have much impact. People get visas granted with their status still showing required. Either way, it doesn't matter what the other poster's status is.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 6:27 am
Just Joined

lachuupriya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by qadeer591
Need to know what will usually happen when the CO is assigned.

Will the CO send an email and also update the documents status online?
@qadeer591
Under what category you applied (Code pls)
I'm also from PLC background

Thanks,
Lachuu
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

stuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond repute

Yey... Finally got my police check back. 1 day shy of a 7 week wait.
that PR is not too far off now.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

sanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the rough

I pressed the 'send' button long back on 6th June 2011.

*Subclass 175
*UK Based
*SOL: Software Developer
*Application was on hold from December 2011 to June 2012 due to spouse's pregnancy. Form 1022 submitted.
*New baby's birth certificate, registration and passport application's in process.

* Would soon submit Form 1022 after receiving baby's certificates and passport. (I opted here to wait for documents and send one form 1022 rather than sending one immediately after birth and then again after gettign passport. However, I've informed via email about the birth.)
Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

JustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura about

Visa Grated today just in time for the economic downturn announcement!

175 Applied - Software Engineer - 30th May 2012
CO allocated requesting Medicals - 25th June
PCC & Medicals uploaded 20th July
Grant today, hooray!

Off to Melbourne in Feb.....forever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.