Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Old Jun 5th 2012, 11:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIAC 175 - Applying from Singapore

Originally Posted by AUSAPPLY
Dear All,

Can we use this thread to discuss the DIAC application procedure and status for 175 subclass. Please share your experience if you are in Singapore and applied or applying for 175 visa.

My status:
175 Applied : 10 May
Status changed to "Application being processed further" on 01/06/2012
Waiting for CO

Cheers
I've merged your post with others in the thread for applicants this year, we really don't want to fragment BE too much by defining country of application
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

khanyawar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 175 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

hello all, i applied on 3rd June, 2012.

it seems everybody has more or less the same queries as I have.

As per my understanding (which i gathered from friends on this forum)

After you fill an online form and get a TRN number, you will get an email from DIAC telling you which documents to submit. I followed that list.
even though there was an online checklist as well. i also matched that list.

only things which I am NOT submitting at this point of time are the Police checks and Medical checks. everything else is submitted as Scanned Color copies. the forms which i printed, filled, signed and scanned were Form 80 and Form 1221.

My confusion is that ppl on this forum advise that you need to submit separate form for yourself and your spouse. but i could not find this on the email send by DIAC. i think i will submit anyway.

Any ideas when can I expect to get a CO allocated?
Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:47 am
Just Joined

JustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura about
Default Case Officer TODAY! 175 Applied 30th May

I know things are moving fast but Medicals and Police checks this soon is mind blowing. Not complaining just in a bit of shock that we could be there by the summer!!

Good luck to you all....things are moving fast, hold onto you pants
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

qadeer591 is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied on 1st June 2012. Uploaded all docs. Waiting for CO allocation.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Is it required to submit form 80 and form 1221 for both me and my wife?
The document checklist asks about form 1221 only for my wife.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Chimmel is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure if it helps anyone (or raises more questions), but myself or my partner did NOT complete for 80 and form 1221. It mentioned it on the paper checkilist I consulted prior to applying, but was not on the checkilist online once I applied.

I did not attach with the thinking that if my CO needed this, they would ask for it. When we did get a CO, they only asked for medical checks, police certificates and form 1022 (which is to detail any changes in circumstances since applying).

Long story short, neither myself or my partner did form 80 or 1221, and have not faced any issues. My view is there are enough forms to fill in, so only do it if asked (though some would argue this may delay your application).
Old Jun 25th 2012, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by qadeer591
Is it required to submit form 80 and form 1221 for both me and my wife?
The document checklist asks about form 1221 only for my wife.
Any other views?
In the email that I received after submitting online application they have asked for form-80.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

JustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura about

I have just got my case officer allocated and asking for PC & medicals, we only applied on 30th May so super quick. All other documents have been met which is great as my OH has been on off self employed so his career history & documentation is really messy & complicated.

We did fill in form 80, it is a bit of a pain but if they are going to ask for it any way you may as well do it upfront and save the delay. Didn't do form 1221 and haven't been asked for it.

I have booked our medicals today and could have our visa by the end of July.....two months from start to finish.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

PrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant future

Thats fantastic- we applied 2 days after you! Checking the emails every morning! Good luck!
Old Jun 26th 2012, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JustJulia
I have just got my case officer allocated and asking for PC & medicals, we only applied on 30th May so super quick. All other documents have been met which is great as my OH has been on off self employed so his career history & documentation is really messy & complicated.

We did fill in form 80, it is a bit of a pain but if they are going to ask for it any way you may as well do it upfront and save the delay. Didn't do form 1221 and haven't been asked for it.

I have booked our medicals today and could have our visa by the end of July.....two months from start to finish.
Is it GSM-175?
Old Jun 26th 2012, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Filling form 80 now. It's such a big pain. I have to fill the addresses of all the places where I lived in last 10 years. I have stayed at no less than 15-20 different places in last 10 years. I do not even remember the address of a few of them.
What to do?
Old Jun 26th 2012, 3:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qadeer591
Filling form 80 now. It's such a big pain. I have to fill the addresses of all the places where I lived in last 10 years. I have stayed at no less than 15-20 different places in last 10 years. I do not even remember the address of a few of them.
What to do?
Put as much as you can remember. You must know what area of a town, or which city suburb you lived in, at the very least
Old Jun 26th 2012, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Put as much as you can remember. You must know what area of a town, or which city suburb you lived in, at the very least
FORM 80 asks for attaching the proof of current residence.
should I upload this as well?
Old Jun 26th 2012, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point

me either....just submitted da application...thnx God before the changes...but dey have reduced da point test to 60...probably i should have waited

but yup, the waitng game is on...mine is for env.health officer

timeline is as follows:

applied vetassess: 3rd March,
Positive Assessment: 5th June
IELTS: Gave in February with L 7.5, R 7.5, W6.5, S 8....
made an Enquiry on result for Speaking module, nd yuppee it came back +ve, after 2 months, wid speaking increasing to 7.5 got refund
applied for 175 on 8th June

Originally Posted by JustJulia
Hi

I have just pressed send on my 175 Visa application, now joining the waiting game. Anyone in the same boat as me who want to share their journey and experiences and keep me company

Few details
175 Visa (in my husbands name, I am the hanger on but doing all the research and leg work!)
Husband is a software engineer
UK Based
Hoping to go to Melbourne
Doing the Visa ourselves (boy they don't make it easy!)

Look forward to hearing from people in the same boat

Bye for now
JustJulia
Old Jun 26th 2012, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by khanyawar
hello all, i applied on 3rd June, 2012.

it seems everybody has more or less the same queries as I have.

As per my understanding (which i gathered from friends on this forum)

After you fill an online form and get a TRN number, you will get an email from DIAC telling you which documents to submit. I followed that list.
even though there was an online checklist as well. i also matched that list.

only things which I am NOT submitting at this point of time are the Police checks and Medical checks. everything else is submitted as Scanned Color copies. the forms which i printed, filled, signed and scanned were Form 80 and Form 1221.

My confusion is that ppl on this forum advise that you need to submit separate form for yourself and your spouse. but i could not find this on the email send by DIAC. i think i will submit anyway.

Any ideas when can I expect to get a CO allocated?
i submitted seperate forms, as on top of form 80 nd 1221, it says for applicants over 18 years of age...i think there is no harm in submitting seperate forms, infact, even better to do so...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.