December 2007 Applicants

Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:28 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: December 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
Thanks Mary! Tried calling but got cut off almost immediately all the time. Can't keep calling them with three kids for long and I know from experience (part time job in a large mobile-internet company's customerservice line) that when you get cut off like that there is a HUGE queue. As many as there can possibly fit on the line which might be about 100 or even more.

Thought I'd try calling in the middle of the night since I will anyway wake up to nurse the smallest

Kati

We rang at about 7.15 am UK time and got through straight away.

Originally Posted by debbie222
Hi Mary.

Oh yes...I am waiting...and waiting. I have been really busy at work and this has taken my mind of things, however the first thing I do every morning is to check my emails, then expats forum and then my status.

Believe me.....everyone will know when that golden ticket arrives

Hope all is well at your end.

Debs
x
Got everything crossed for you Debbie

Originally Posted by AshyB
That's the same thing i do every morning as well! Missus asked me this morning if i was addicted to this forum...
Check out the number of my posts, better still, check out Fly Aways

Originally Posted by JohnandDiana
Hi,

Our application was sent off in Nov (paper) and we still haven't heard anything about a case officer. We have decided to book our medicals and get them sent off in a couple of weeks as looking at some peoples statements they have gone straight to visa granted without being told they had a case officer. I spoke to my agent yesterday and she reckons that they are only up to end of Oct which doesn't ring true with this forum.
I came off the phone a little depressed to say the least!
They're just covering themselves - January app's are currently being granted visa's, but these will only be to people who have frontloaded medicals and police checks. Most people have to validate a year from the date of their medicals/police checks, although ASPC can reduced it to 6 months, so just keep this in mind when you book them.

I think paperbased applications are taking longer in any event.
Originally Posted by The Randalls
OMG....
well here we go - so much for straightforward!!
Email from our Agent this morning:

I have today received a communication from the ASPC. They have requested evidence that your sponsor is able to fulfil the sponsorship undertaking (for example, latest income tax assessment; current pay slips or other satisfactory evidence of alternative income; evidence of major assets; including bank or similar accounts; details of real estate/motor vehicle ownership).
Please ask your sponsor to forward certified copies in the post to me as soon as possible and I shall forward them to the ASPC immediately.

Ted's sponsor is his elderly, retired Aunt...who does not own a car!
What on earth could she send?

Emmmmmmmmmm.......................don't all Australians have to fill in annual tax forms? Maybe check on whether she's done one for last year. She's also probably got a bank account and if she owns her own home, maybe you could get a copy of the deeds
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by ripcantrell
We applied 15/12/07 and still waiting another week passes by and status still required, no CO and no emails from ASPC. Wish they would get a move on as we need to organize schools and flights etc... This is doing my head in:curse:

Come on ASPC pretty please...

well done all those that have them already

What's your occupation Rip?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi mary,

Do you know what has happened to Mairead from Cork. She seems to have disappeared Wondering if she is ok and if she is still going to Oz. She is a Feb appliant????
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mary1967

:
CHEEK!

I have been on here ages..... and I moan a lot....
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

The Randalls will become famous soon enough

Emmmmmmmmmm.......................don't all Australians have to fill in annual tax forms? Maybe check on whether she's done one for last year. She's also probably got a bank account and if she owns her own home, maybe you could get a copy of the deeds

She doesn't sadly, it is rented. Until Ted speaks to his cousin sometime early am tomorrow, we won't know if she has any funds either.
Ted's aunt signed the paperwork saying that in the unfortunate event that we ever needed support, financially or roof over heads, then she would be able to support us.
This in itself I guess is not enough evidence, and they need actual financial proof which is fair enough.
Guess this could be it over for us if she hasn't ...
Wish us luck!
And Mary, I'm so sorry, I don't think (in my selfish haze of disappointment) I ever wished you congratulations on your visa.. all the very best to you.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi mary,

Do you know what has happened to Mairead from Cork. She seems to have disappeared Wondering if she is ok and if she is still going to Oz. She is a Feb appliant????
Yes she's a February applicant but i've not seen a post off her in ages........bit concerned about her to be honest

Originally Posted by Fly Away
CHEEK!

I'm saying nothing

Originally Posted by The Randalls
She doesn't sadly, it is rented. Until Ted speaks to his cousin sometime early am tomorrow, we won't know if she has any funds either.
Ted's aunt signed the paperwork saying that in the unfortunate event that we ever needed support, financially or roof over heads, then she would be able to support us.
This in itself I guess is not enough evidence, and they need actual financial proof which is fair enough.
Guess this could be it over for us if she hasn't ...
Wish us luck!
And Mary, I'm so sorry, I don't think (in my selfish haze of disappointment) I ever wished you congratulations on your visa.. all the very best to you.

Thanks for your well wishes

Enough of me, back to you....................have you thought of transferring some funds into a bank account in her name? I'm not sure if that would work, but if you could put enough funds in for 2 years they may be happy with that. Don't give up hope yet - if you need more advise and you've not gone through an agent, it may be worth giving George Lombard or Alan Collett a ring to see if they can suggest anything.

Got everything crossed for you.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

abcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the rough

Hi! we are new here! just find up this web. we are also the "still waiting" family which under 175MODL online submitted 21 Dec 2007. I think the visa priority very much depend on Nationality! so upset waiting n waiting....
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:16 am
Just Joined

JLano1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: December 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by abcn
Hi! we are new here! just find up this web. we are also the "still waiting" family which under 175MODL online submitted 21 Dec 2007. I think the visa priority very much depend on Nationality! so upset waiting n waiting....
Yes, they classify whether you're from a high-risk or low-risk country (a difference of about 2-3 months in terms of service standard)...We lodged online 176 last December 29.. and yes, we are still waiting too.. Don't worry, you're not alone.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:14 am
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Okei so got up at 3am when the youngest woke up and called eyes crossed to ASPC Got through really soon only about after about 5min waiting.

The lady who answered was really nice, but said that we wouldn't see case officer still for a little while. Said not to worry and enjoy our holiday and that coming on a one way ticket is no problem. I also asked if the visa would come next week before we leave and we don't have time to go to Berlin (nor London) to get the stickers and she said that it's not going to happen

So we are off on ETA and going to validate in NZ as planned. Will concentrate on packing now and luckily hubbys company's secretary seems to have forgotten to cut off our internet connection in the beginning of the month so will keep surfing rentals in Brissy

Australia here we come!!

And congrats on all who have gotten their visa, might have forgotten to congratulate in this hurry of packing!

Kati

Last edited by Kaitlin; Aug 1st 2008 at 7:18 am.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:45 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

That's what I try to tell her - i'm a novice when compared to you or FlyAway!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:46 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fly Away
CHEEK!

I won't mention length of time - my defence will be shot to pieces!
Sometime I wonder why she isn't a lawyer - no matter what the situation, my wife's always right
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

abcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JLano1979
Yes, they classify whether you're from a high-risk or low-risk country (a difference of about 2-3 months in terms of service standard)...We lodged online 176 last December 29.. and yes, we are still waiting too.. Don't worry, you're not alone.
Thanks Jlano
But we are from low risk country MALAYSIA. ALSO STILL WAITING... the heart is broken to see they jump to JAN n FEB, so poor us how can we choose where we born...., but we honest now to choose u-AUS.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by abcn
Thanks Jlano
But we are from low risk country MALAYSIA. ALSO STILL WAITING... the heart is broken to see they jump to JAN n FEB, so poor us how can we choose where we born...., but we honest now to choose u-AUS.
December Visas are still being Granted!! There were November, October, and August Visas Granted just this week. Yes, January Visas have been granted in the last 2-3 weeks. BUT NO FEBRUARY Visas have been granted - NONE.

The ONLY FEB with CO has a lot stuff to gather before they're ready for a grant.

Of Course I'm hoping that the FEBs start to get COs soon - maybe in the next week - but I also hope that they continue to provide visas to those still waiting in Dec and other months.

Last edited by tiger222; Aug 1st 2008 at 9:27 am.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tiger222
December Visas are still being Granted!! There were November, October, and August Visas Granted just this week. Yes, January Visas have been granted in the last 2-3 weeks. BUT NO FEBRUARY Visas have been granted - NONE.
Ya! Thanks! FEB just have a CO!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
Okei so got up at 3am when the youngest woke up and called eyes crossed to ASPC Got through really soon only about after about 5min waiting.

The lady who answered was really nice, but said that we wouldn't see case officer still for a little while. Said not to worry and enjoy our holiday and that coming on a one way ticket is no problem. I also asked if the visa would come next week before we leave and we don't have time to go to Berlin (nor London) to get the stickers and she said that it's not going to happen

So we are off on ETA and going to validate in NZ as planned. Will concentrate on packing now and luckily hubbys company's secretary seems to have forgotten to cut off our internet connection in the beginning of the month so will keep surfing rentals in Brissy

Australia here we come!!

And congrats on all who have gotten their visa, might have forgotten to congratulate in this hurry of packing!

Kati
Hope u got your visa very soon! We are no dare to off on ETA as hubby will no right to work....

Last edited by abcn; Aug 1st 2008 at 9:25 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.