Wikiposts

business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
To all who were unable to make the last one: you missed a treat... don't make the same mistake twice..!! It's gonna be an awesome day..!!
Yeh....Yeh......Rub it in!!!! RT - you've gone to such great lengths to organize these meet-ups!!! We certainly wish we could be there to join you all!!!

But - once again, we trust that you will all enjoy yourselves!!! And, as usual, I look forward to all the after-reports!!!!

Ohhhh......one day......we can all be together.......and live happily ever after!!

Whoops......was that my 'outside voice'?

Regards.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:16 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pasha
Yeh....Yeh......Rub it in!!!! RT - you've gone to such great lengths to organize these meet-ups!!! We certainly wish we could be there to join you all!!!
Hey Pasha... don't tell me you're gonna give us the same old excuse again... "but it's such a long way from Canada..."

Ohhhh......one day......we can all be together.......and live happily ever after!!

Whoops......was that my 'outside voice'?

Regards.
LOL
Pasha, you make us laugh sooo much. We're really looking forward to meeting you guys.

RT.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Pasha... don't tell me you're gonna give us the same old excuse again... "but it's such a long way from Canada..."
I KNOW!!!! Have you ever heard such a lame excuse????....The NERVE!!!

LOL
Pasha, you make us laugh sooo much. We're really looking forward to meeting you guys.
RT.
We get loads of chuckles from you guys too......and cannot WAIT to have some good times in person!!!!

In the meantime - I will continue to look forward to this forum everyday!!! It's been a true 'heaven-sent'!!!!

Regards.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:28 am
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by foxychic
There is Carlo's and Giorgios both on Albert Road, it's a while since I ate at Giorgios but it is nice there, have never eaten at Carlo's but it looks good and has been there a while. Any night better than another for anyone?
Hi Foxy,

We're always up for an Italian... I'm pretty sure it was Carlo's that we've been to, but you decide - we're easy (so is Mark, but that's another story..!! )
Any night is ok with us... we can work around you if we have enough notice.
BTW, I do hope we'll all be having the pleasure of Mr & Mrs Foxy's company at the meet-up in October.

ATB,
RT.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok... I did promise something before the end of this week...
163'ers meet-up..... part deux.....

PS you never know, this may be mentioned once or twice more over the next few weeks..!!

Well Done Rogue for organising another meet.

We would love to come but unfortunately we already have a commitment for the evening of the 15 October.

However we will do our best to try and come for a few hours in the afternoon. It would be great to put a face to all the names and Paul would love to exchange ideas about all your business plans.

Just let us know your final plans.

Thanks again

P.s I'm just off to a leaving Party for my friends who are emmigrating to New Zealand on Tuesday. I'm sure it will get very sad especially when I know that it will be our turn next. Have a good weekend.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Well Well!!!

I turn my back for a Month or two and everyone gets their visas and sponsorships approved. Taken me the best part of an hour and a half to catch up on all the gossip.

Congratulations to all of you on your success. The Helium household is made up for you all. lol

You'll be happy to know that my sponsorship for QLD is sorted but I am delaying my main visa application to take care of some loose ends here. The main one is waiting for planning approval on a small bit of land I have and then deciding whether to build on it myself.

Options, Options, Options.

I am also on the verge of buying a third share in a business here that typically offered itself once I had got well and truly set on moving to OZ.
Why is life so complicated??

I have decided to go for it on all counts (life too short and all that) and hope that my Daughter can finish her exam year before we move to OZ, hopefully now in a year or more's time. 2007 would be cool.

So the planning permission is in. The selling of a few business assets is taking place. A new business opportunity/venture is set to get under way(in the UK), and I am still going ahead with my visa application. In the immortal words of Magnus Magnussen........" I've started so I'll finish.."

Once again Guys and Gals, many congratulations to you all and I will try to keep you posted on a more regular basis.

I've never had so much going on and I'm loving every minute of it.

Strange or what???

HK.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

jaselee is an unknown quantity at this point

- in case they innocently slip-up the information to someone that need not know.

I know, I know......it sounds terrible!!! But.....there truly IS a method to our MADNESS

Regards.
Totally understand,

It's always that remote possibility that so and so bumps into Mr X and just happens to mention that "snippett" of info that truly let's the cat out the bag. Then it's EXPLAINING TIME!!!!

All in good time I say......

I'm sure all will be cool once the initial shock has died down.

Cheers for now

J
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:32 am
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by Helium Kid
You'll be happy to know that my sponsorship for QLD is sorted.....
Sarah came rushing toward me with an excited grin on her face:

Sarah: "HK's back...."
Craig: "And...?????"
Sarah: "And what..??"
Craig: "Did he get his sponsorship yet..??"
Sarah: "YUP "

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
Good on ya mate..!!

And it sounds like you've got it all happening...
Blimey... never a dull moment in the Helium household, eh..??

We're made up for you guys.

All the best,
The Rogues.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:38 am
Aussie Citizen

.....I am delaying my main visa application to take care of some loose ends here.....
..... hopefully now in a year or more's time. 2007 would be cool.
Hey HK,

Just a thought: check the validity of your sponsorship (they have a "best before" date)...
Ours was only valid for six months. Maybe you'll have to get the main application in, but take the maximum time to supply all the additional information (such as PCCs and meds)...

Just thought I'd mention this, as it would be aweful to have to re-apply after all the work you put into getting the sponsorship...

All the best mate,
Craig.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey HK,

Just a thought: check the validity of your sponsorship (they have a "best before" date)...
Ours was only valid for six months. Maybe you'll have to get the main application in, but take the maximum time to supply all the additional information (such as PCCs and meds)...

Just thought I'd mention this, as it would be aweful to have to re-apply after all the work you put into getting the sponsorship...

All the best mate,
Craig.

Thanks Mate,

That's what I'm gonna do.

The main application will go in around Dec/Jan and then I'll leave everything like Meds/police checks etc.. till requested.

We did a lot of soul searching as a Family and decided that our daughter is doing too well at Grammar to be taken out in her final year. She really is a bright one and I just can't do it to her, even though she is keen to go.

If all goes well and we get an entry date for the end of 2006 then that will be fantastic and I can still keep the new venture going while I'm away.

I am kind of winding down my main business and have sub contracted a lot of the work out. This allows me to sell a few vehicles etc, and raise funds for the move and the new venture.

I was getting a bit down on things for a while but it's funny how something comes along to pick you right back up again.

By the way.....I did get your email. Thanks for that.

Nice to know that even though you have acheived your goal of getting the visa, you still have time to think of others.

You're all a nice bunch on here and I imagine there are many who have passed through this thread and been helped immensly.

Thanks again,

HK.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 10:28 am
Aussie Citizen

We did a lot of soul searching as a Family and decided that our daughter is doing too well at Grammar to be taken out in her final year. She really is a bright one and I just can't do it to her, even though she is keen to go.
That's a brave decision - it's great that it was taken as a family.

And thanks for your kind words.
We look forward to your on-going updates, and we wish you success with everything you turn your hand to.

I was going to wish you good luck, but you don't need that - you're making your own..!!

Cheers,
Craig.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well Well Well!!!

I turn my back for a Month or two and everyone gets their visas and sponsorships approved. Taken me the best part of an hour and a half to catch up on all the gossip.

Congratulations to all of you on your success. The Helium household is made up for you all. lol

You'll be happy to know that my sponsorship for QLD is sorted but I am delaying my main visa application to take care of some loose ends here. The main one is waiting for planning approval on a small bit of land I have and then deciding whether to build on it myself.

Options, Options, Options.

I am also on the verge of buying a third share in a business here that typically offered itself once I had got well and truly set on moving to OZ.
Why is life so complicated??

I have decided to go for it on all counts (life too short and all that) and hope that my Daughter can finish her exam year before we move to OZ, hopefully now in a year or more's time. 2007 would be cool.

So the planning permission is in. The selling of a few business assets is taking place. A new business opportunity/venture is set to get under way(in the UK), and I am still going ahead with my visa application. In the immortal words of Magnus Magnussen........" I've started so I'll finish.."

Once again Guys and Gals, many congratulations to you all and I will try to keep you posted on a more regular basis.

I've never had so much going on and I'm loving every minute of it.

Strange or what???

HK.
Hey Helium Kid.......How wonderful to see you back on the board!!!! It looks as though you've been.....and will continue to be......extremely busy!!!

How wonderful to read that your sponsorship is all taken care of!!! I think it's a great idea......as you've already decided.....to proceed with the main application. There is certainly a reasonable amount of time which can be bought.......what with the time it takes to process the main visa application, have the visa granted, validate the visa (if not making the permanent move prior to the validation deadline), etc......while still allowing time to achieve business success in OZ (meeting, of course, all PR criteria)

The way I see it is that it will, at least, be one less thing you will have to worry about in your already-busy life......just knowing it's there......waiting for you to make use of it!!!

Yes......life is too short....and, as you've stated, sometimes complicated!!!! However, it's great to read that you're loving every minute of it, and making the most of it!!!

We look forward to your 'more regular' updates!!!

Regards
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
If you need any info on the Sunshine Coast we have done loads of homework. As you Know Paul is flying back out to Brisbane on 12 Sept to try and establish his business but he is also going to be spending time in Buderim checking out schools, rentals etc etc. One of the Principals has already agreed to meet him on Saturday to show him round the school even though its there half term. We were pretty impressed with that.
Hi Sheila

That's really great that one of the School Principals has agreed to meet Paul. Hope everything goes really well and I'd love any snippets of information about the schools etc. once he gets back. There's nothing like having information from people in the same boat who've actually been there!

Best wishes

Chrissy
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning all.

Trotted off to Harley Street yesterday to have our mot's done.
All are OK and just have to wait for blood tests to come back.
(although I feel the doctor spent a unreasonable amount of time playing with my gonads)

Would love to come to the meet on the 15th but hopefully if all goes to plan we'll be tanning ourselves in sunny Perth.

Glad to hear everyone's doing so well.

All the best

PJ.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

HK.
Hi Helium

Big congrats on getting your Qld sponsorship sorted! It's a major step forward and there when you decide to go ahead with your main app.

We wanted to submit our main app as quick as possible after getting our sponsorship from Qld, because we originally intended to be out to the Sunshine Coast beginning Dec this year.

Things are moving along nicely with the main app, but because of our house not selling, and some other business interests needing tidying up, to be realistic we've decided to delay our move until end March 2006 onwards. Our Police checks are dated June so we'll have until June 2006 to make the move anyway.

Having said, should some miracle happen and suddenly we get a buyer, loose ends tied up etc. we'll be out there like a shot on the first available flight!!!!

Best wishes
Chrissy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.