business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Saturday the 15th October

Having checked, this date misses most of the school holidays so shouldn't clash with holiday plans. The general location (Nuneaton) was the most central to all the 163'ers, but the exact venue may need to change subject to the number attending, as the bar gets quite busy on a Saturday afternoon / evening and there was not a lot of space, so please confirm your attendance and once we have an idea of numbers, I'll ring round a few places for the venue (and don't worry: I'll make sure there's a hotel on site..!!)

To all who were unable to make the last one: you missed a treat... don't make the same mistake twice..!! It's gonna be an awesome day..!!

Rogue x

PS you never know, this may be mentioned once or twice more over the next few weeks..!!
Hi guys

I was a bit confused at first - but once I put my brain into gear I've realised there are two meets planned? One just evening in Colne and one overnighter in Nuneaton? Am I right there?

Well 15th October is our Wedding Anniversary - so another great excuse for a celebration drink I'm really hoping we can make that one - I'm sure Nuneaton could be just as romantic as a weekend in Paris, given a little poetic licence

As for Colne, this will depend on dates, babysitters etc. but fingers crossed.

BTW, is anyone planning to go to Sandown for the Emigrate show first week in October?

Best wishes
Chrissy
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chrissy

Just seen on your signature that DIMIA requested some further info.

Was it anything major or just bog standard stuff??

Just curious to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Cheers

HK
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Helium Kid
Hi Chrissy

Just seen on your signature that DIMIA requested some further info.

Was it anything major or just bog standard stuff??

Just curious to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Cheers

HK
Hi HK

Nothing major that we couldn't sort within 2 days of it being requested. They just wanted further documentary evidence of the set up of the business, being as it's not a limited company, which we able to provide really easily.

Cheers

Chrissy
Old Sep 4th 2005, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Wink Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by PJ & B
(although I feel the doctor spent a unreasonable amount of time playing with my gonads)PJ.

Perhaps you should not have smiled when he first started!!!!!

Mark
Old Sep 4th 2005, 5:06 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wildmark
Perhaps you should not have smiled when he first started!!!!!

Mark

Tehehehe, my thoughts exacty!!!

Nicola
x
Old Sep 4th 2005, 5:08 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of
Talking Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

HK

Huge congrats on your sponsership!!!!

Fab news! Onwards and upwards!

Nicola
x
Old Sep 4th 2005, 5:21 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

Originally Posted by Pasha
Hey Nicola - what a FABULOUS picture you've painted!!!!

Yeh.....I'm feeling the pressures of that New Years Eve party at our place!!! With the way time is moving so quickly......something tells me that we may be letting down our 163'er buddies!!!

We're still hoping and praying - but BOY these business sales take much longer than we'd like!!!!

Oh Well.......heads' still up!!!

Regards.

Hi Pasha

Time is flying past!!! I thought our business sale would be done and dusted by now, and we would be packing (actually I already packed over 10 boxes!!!) ARGH!!! So frustrating!!! No visa (yet), and no (proper) offer on our business!!

We have been surfing the net and found our ideal business, plus mansion in Oz(ok... so lottery still to be won! ) and are there in spirit (if not body - lol! )

Hey ho..... all good things come to those who wait...... (that is true - isnt it???)

NYE at Pashas - cant wait!!! What shall we bring??

Happy Sunday 163'ers!!

Nicola
x
Old Sep 4th 2005, 5:39 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PJ & B
....... I feel the doctor spent a unreasonable amount of time playing with my gonads.......
Hey PJ,

Hate to break it to you mate, but I didn't even have to remove my boxers, never mind have the old boys groped..!!

This reminds me of the scene in 'Friends' where the other lads tell Joey that "No, that is not how a 'normal' tailor measures your inside leg" ....!!!!

He obviously liked the look of you... Oh well, small price to pay if it gets you your visa, eh..?!

RT.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 5:47 am
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Well Done Rogue for organising another meet.

We would love to come but unfortunately we already have a commitment for the evening of the 15 October.

However we will do our best to try and come for a few hours in the afternoon. It would be great to put a face to all the names and Paul would love to exchange ideas about all your business plans.

Just let us know your final plans.

Thanks again

P.s I'm just off to a leaving Party for my friends who are emmigrating to New Zealand on Tuesday. I'm sure it will get very sad especially when I know that it will be our turn next. Have a good weekend.
Hi Sheila,

It's a shame that you're already committed on the evening of the meet... but hopefully you can make it for some of the afternoon..? It will probably start at three, same as last time... it would be great to meet you guys.

Sooo... how did the leaving do go..?? Hope it was not too emotional... could you picture yourselves in the spotlight when your time comes..?? Tell us all about it.

ATB,
Rogue.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 6:09 am
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by Boogie65
Hi guys

I was a bit confused at first - but once I put my brain into gear I've realised there are two meets planned? One just evening in Colne and one overnighter in Nuneaton? Am I right there?
Hi Chrissy,

The 163'ers meet-up is the one planned for the 15th October in (or around, depending on venue) Nuneaton...
The Italian meal in Colne is just the northerners throwing a spanner in the works..!!
It's just something Foxy suggested because they couldn't make it to the last meet and it's over-lapped into this one. Foxy's business is in Colne and it's midway for us and Mark & Jill (actually, it's only about 20 mins for us). We're hoping that no-one goes to Colne instead of Nuneaton - it's just an 'extra'.

Well 15th October is our Wedding Anniversary - so another great excuse for a celebration drink I'm really hoping we can make that one - I'm sure Nuneaton could be just as romantic as a weekend in Paris, given a little poetic licence
LOL... wow... we'll have a great celebration for you guys.

BTW, is anyone planning to go to Sandown for the Emigrate show first week in October?

Best wishes
Chrissy
We went to the last one in York, so not going to this one... but it's well worth a visit. We've been along to various ones over the years, just as dreamers... but as definite migrants, it was very different. The only thing we would do differently is to go on the Friday to have had more time to talk with individual exhibitors.

ATB,
RT.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 6:17 am
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Tehehehe, my thoughts exacty!!!

Nicola
x
Wooo-Hoooo...!!!
Nicola took the 2000th post...!!!
Congratulations

This means the first round is on you on the 15th October..!!
(you did read that in the small-print.... didn't you..?? )

Rogue.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Sooo... how did the leaving do go..?? Hope it was not too emotional... could you picture yourselves in the spotlight when your time comes..?? Tell us all about it.

ATB,
Rogue.
Hi Rogue

The leaving do was quite emotional. The do was held in the garden of our local pub and as the weather was so good there must have been about 12 families there.

As I had organised the leaving pressie etc I was supposed to give a little speech but at the last minute I could not do it and Paul had to take over !.My friend had also had a long and emotional journey like the rest of us and I think at the end she just couldn't wait to go. I just realised that I would find it really difficult to go through the same thing and I dont think I could cope.

Hopefully we will be able to meet up with them fairly soon as Auckland is only 3 hours away from Brisbane.

Its certainly a reality check for me, so we will just have to wait and see how Paul gets on when he comes out to Aus next week.

Best Wishes

Sheila

P.S We got our passports back on Friday and now we are the proud owners of 163 Aus Visas!!

PPS Congratulations to Helium Kid on getting your sponsorship.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:35 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

Talking Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Wooo-Hoooo...!!!
Nicola took the 2000th post...!!!
Congratulations

This means the first round is on you on the 15th October..!!
(you did read that in the small-print.... didn't you..??
)

Rogue.

Oh No!!!! Shock Horror!!!! !!!

I retract that statement!! Lol!

ok, ok, (arm behind back, being forcibly bent higher and higher - ouch!...) I will allow hubby Andrew to get the first round in!! Tehehehe....... (I'll tell him later! )

Nicola

x
Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:39 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

Oh No!!!! Shock Horror!!!! !!!

I retract that statement!! Lol!

ok, ok, (arm behind back, being forcibly bent higher and higher - ouch!...) I will allow hubby Andrew to get the first round in!! Tehehehe....... (I'll tell him later! )

Nicola

x

Hmmmm.... however,......... following two rounds in a go for the author of post number 2006 !!!

Did ya know? Did ya?

How very generous!

Gonna be a good night!

Nicola
x
Old Sep 4th 2005, 10:22 am
Aussie Citizen

Gonna be a good night!

Nicola
x
You're not wrong there..!!

We're seriously considering allowing the grandparents to have some special quality time with the Roguettes this time..!! (I know, we're so generous).

After all, we do have our obligations:

LOL...

Rogue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.