Wikiposts

business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Good morning all

We have our own news to share. We have had an e-mail from our CO this morning asking to do telephone interview.AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRHHHH!!!
Any help or advice from those who have done their interviews would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

PJ & B
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PJ & B
Good morning all

We have our own news to share. We have had an e-mail from our CO this morning asking to do telephone interview.AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRHHHH!!!
Any help or advice from those who have done their interviews would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

PJ & B
Great news. Nathan says, it's not too bad at all, he just looked over the business plan again and had in front of him things like the assets we would be transferring, points of why we wanted to go and why they should let us in! Obvious things, but helps you feel calmer if the are in front of you.

He said it was quite informal and he didn't feel under pressure.

When is the interview? Good luck for it.

FC
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:07 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Good morning all

Cheers

PJ & B
Wooo-Hooo
Good going PJ & B..!!
Have they requested your meds as well (did you already do them yet..?)

I posted the following links for Foxychic when their interview was requested:

The Thorpes: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=359
Bengyboo: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=374
Bloofox: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=549
Rogue: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=961
And here is Foxy's: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...postcount=1545

As I mentioned to you on Sunday, our interview was just an informal chat: remember that the people at DIMIA are people... they are NOT just looking for an excuse to fail you... you meet all the qualifying criteria, so there's no reason why you won't be posting your very own "Got It" within a couple of weeks..!! (we were told we could have a decision within the week, but we had problems with our meds so it took two weeks).

All the best,
Craig.

deleted the last post because the links didn't work... let's see it this one works...

Last edited by Rogue Trader; Aug 24th 2005 at 9:10 pm. Reason: fixing links... again..!! :)
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:14 pm
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jaselee
Sorry my friend....you are offically retired as forecaster. No email and another day of will we, won't we.

I LOVE IT!!

We'll see, the sun is shining this morning and tomorrow is another day.

Hang in there everyone and those who have got theirs......CHILL
J
Oh well..... sorry J&N.....
I guess I'm gonna have to hang up my crystal balls.....

I guess there's nothing left, other than to kick it down a gear and grab hold of 'plan B'...

Rogue
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:38 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Guys

Here I am in Spain reading up on all your news! I bit sad I know, but I will be going to the beach later!

Hope the meeting went well, I can t wait to hear how you all got on. I.m sure you all had a great time and learnt a lot of info from each other.

I.ll be home on Thursday so I will catch up with you all then.

best wishes to you all
Welcome back Sheila and Paul
Hope you had a great time..!!

What a way to celebrate getting your visa: spend some time in the sun... it really does seem rather appropriate somehow..!!

Rogue.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:42 pm
Aussie Citizen

Cheers

PJ & B
I must say... I feel that Midlife and Pasha have been very selfish in not having interviews...
How are you going to pass on your experiences to help others if you shirk your responsibilities...???
Never mind telling us that your CO didn't request one: the least you could have done was to insist on an interview for the benefit of the rest of the 163'ers..!!

Yours,
Rogue
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Talking Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Good morning all

Cheers

PJ & B

Great news, your almost there!!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

OldFolk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Celebrations and a huge sigh of relief!

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Rogue calling Oldfolk...
Rogue calling Oldfolk...
Come in Oldfolk....

Hi Diane, how are you guys doing..??
It's a shame you couldn't make the meet: we had a great time, but there's always the next one..!!

Sooo... you've had your sponsorship about 4 weeks now... how's that visa application coming along..?? I can't remember whether you said how long your sponsorship was valid for in the end? Ours was only valid for 6 months.

Any interest in the house or business..??
Our agent promised us faithfully that the housing market is set to improve in September.

Hope the application is coming together.

All the best,
Rogue.

Hi Rogue

We're still here in the background known as limbo waiting for buyers.

Sponsorship is valid for 6 months so that gives us till Feb 06 to lodge our visa application. We have decided to wait till Xmas, if business still not sold we will apply anyway. Only problem is all you guys will have left and there won't be anyone to answer our stupid questions about staples and numbering from the bottom up. We'd better start finalising it now before you all disappear.

We've had plenty of interest in the business over the last year but nothing definite. We changed estate agents and they booked 3 viewings but only 1 bothered to turn up. I hope your right about September cos it is so frustrating. If it doesn't start happening soon I'll be too old and demented to go.

Anyway I have read all the news, glad the meet went well.

Congrats to Pasha you must be so excited.

Well done to Mark negotiating such a good deal on the business and so sad about your mate dying. It really makes you think.

Good luck to PJ&B for the phone interview - Im sure you'll pass with flying colours.

J - your sponsorship will be with you very soon. I reckon day 32.

Welcome back to those of you who've been on holiday.

Sorry to hear about Bengyboos son's brokern arm, happened to my daughter a few years ago. She screamed the place down when they cut the plaster off cos she thought her arm would fall off!

Hi to Kev and anyone else I've forgotten - you have to forgive me cos I'm very old and forgetful.

Mrs Oldfolk
Old Aug 25th 2005, 3:17 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning all

Well done, you guys!! Fantastic news. When's it booked for and have you applied for those meds yet? Remember what we said - go for Hitchin!!

Have a great weekend - lots of celebrating to be done!!!

Jules
Old Aug 25th 2005, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow Pasha

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so happy for you. Your patience all the way through has been admired by all. You must be walking on air right now.

Lots of celebrations going on in the Pasha household, I'm sure.

Take care, best of luck
PJ & B
Thanks PJ & B!!! Yes - we had a perfect day yesterday!!! It's just carrying right on over into today - as we most certainly are still walking on air!!! I barely slept two winks last night - as my mind races endlessly when I'm excited!!!

So - although feeling tired, the adrenaline will get me through the day!!!

Good morning all

Cheers

PJ & B
YIPPEEEEE!!!! Another milestone.......that's PROGRESS!!!! How exciting for you guys!!! I can relate to the "Aaaaarrrrhhhhh" feelings about the telephone interview - as we, too, were feeling nervous about that part of it!!!!

Judging from what everyone else has suggested - it most certainly does NOT seem to be as big a deal as we all seem to think it will be!!!

But...............

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
I must say... I feel that Midlife and Pasha have been very selfish in not having interviews...
How are you going to pass on your experiences to help others if you shirk your responsibilities...???
Never mind telling us that your CO didn't request one: the least you could have done was to insist on an interview for the benefit of the rest of the 163'ers..!!

Yours,
Rogue
............Who am I to talk????? Somehow we most certainly managed to get lucky - and 'selfishly' squeak by without having to do one!!!!!

Alright......I admit it.......we paid DIMIA off!!!! Noooo..........!!!!

Well.....although this is one area we don't have experience in.....you, RT, more than make up for any experience the rest of us lack!!!!

As usual - you always manage to take the time to post valuable links and information in response to everyones' questions and concerns. In so doing, you most certainly have a way of calming nerves!!!!

As such, I'm sure PJ & B have received plenty of valuable input with regard to the telephone interview - and will just sail through it with flying colours!!!!

Best of luck PJ & B!!! You'll do GREAT!!!!

Regards.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

jaselee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OldFolk
J - your sponsorship will be with you very soon. I reckon day 32.
Thanks Mrs O

I actually have a really funny feeling (in my waters you know) that tomorrow morning around 7.15am I will be firing up the PC and then dragging Ness out of bed to show her the good news.

Wish me luck

" Cover me I'm going in"

J

Last edited by jaselee; Aug 25th 2005 at 6:46 am.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:18 am
Just Joined

OldFolk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaselee
Thanks Mrs O

I actually have a really funny feeling (in my waters you know) that tomorrow morning around 7.15am I will be firing up the PC and then dragging Ness out of bed to show her the good news.

Wish me luck

" Cover me I'm going in"

J

Good luck, but its probably just an infection!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning all

Cheers

PJ & B
No problem at all with the interview, remember my usual interview advice..............."They want your expertise, your money, your time, and they send you back if it doesn't work out."

......Come to think about it we should be interviewing them!!!

By the way I am sitting in Kuala Lumpur airport waiting for my connection home....to Perth!! Home!!!!!!!!!

That sounds strange.

Flight with Malaysia brilliant as normal, we try not to fly with anyone else now.

Wildmark did you fly to Langkawi with them? Will you use them to Oz??

12 1/2 hrs flew by (no pun intended), as they have new films and TV "on-demand" no waiting for next one to start so I watched 5!!!!

Also got a great seat with no one next to me and no one in front, (handy having a girlfriend who works on check-in, thanks Mrs Bengyboo.)

Sent her a text message from plane to say thanks, brilliant!!!!!!

Write again soon.

BB
Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by julesandco
Well done, you guys!! Fantastic news. When's it booked for and have you applied for those meds yet? Remember what we said - go for Hitchin!!

Have a great weekend - lots of celebrating to be done!!!

Jules

Thanks for all your support, interview booked for 8 am this monday (4 pm Perth time i hope), i've beeen instructed by the g'vner that under no terms am i to have any grog on Sunday.
but..but..
NO BUTS..
Doohh..

All the Best
PJ
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bengyboo
No problem at all with the interview, remember my usual interview advice..............."They want your expertise, your money, your time, and they send you back if it doesn't work out."

......Come to think about it we should be interviewing them!!!

By the way I am sitting in Kuala Lumpur airport waiting for my connection home....to Perth!! Home!!!!!!!!!

That sounds strange.

Flight with Malaysia brilliant as normal, we try not to fly with anyone else now.

Wildmark did you fly to Langkawi with them? Will you use them to Oz??

12 1/2 hrs flew by (no pun intended), as they have new films and TV "on-demand" no waiting for next one to start so I watched 5!!!!

Also got a great seat with no one next to me and no one in front, (handy having a girlfriend who works on check-in, thanks Mrs Bengyboo.)

Sent her a text message from plane to say thanks, brilliant!!!!!!

Write again soon.

BB
Yes we flew with Malaysia Airlines when we flew to Langkawi, it was a direct flight there but we had to fly back via Kuala Lumpur, the place reminded me of Gatwick, not Asia!

Good luck

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.