Wikiposts

business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Aug 28th 2005, 7:00 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by jaselee
Thought you might like these:

The questions below, about Australia are from potential visitors. They were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a sense of humour.

Q: Does it ever get windy in Australia? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? (UK).
A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.

Q: Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? (USA)
A: Depends how much you've been drinking.

Q: I want to walk from Perth to Sydney. Can I follow the railroad tracks? (Sweden)
A: Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q: Is it safe to run around in the bushes in Australia? (Sweden)
A: So it's true what they say about Swedes.

Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville and Hervey Bay (UK)
A: What did your last slave die of?

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia? (USA)
A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not... oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.

Q: Which direction is North in Australia? (USA)
A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into Australia? (UK)
A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)
A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is...oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

Q: Can I wear high heels in Australia? ( UK)
A: You are a British politician, right?

Q: Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? (Germany)
A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers. Milk is illegal.

Q: Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)
A: Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Australia, but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. (USA)
A: It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q: Do you have perfume in Australia? (France)
A: No, WE don't stink.

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Australia? (USA)
A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q: Can you tell me the regions in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)
A: Yes, gay nightclubs.

Q: Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia? (France)
A: Only at Christmas.

Q: I was in Australia in 1969 on R+R, and I want to contact the girl I dated while I was staying in Kings Cross. Can you help? (USA)
A: Yes, and you will still have to pay her by the hour.

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA)
A: Yes, but you'll have to learn it first

I did giggle more than once....

J

Tehehehe - love 'em!!! :laff:

Nicola
Old Aug 28th 2005, 7:03 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by foxychic
I hope the sun shines for us, sick of this weather, just booked to go to Ibiza for a couple days, so I hope it's nice there.

FC

Hi FC

Thats where I met my now hubby of 10 yrs San Antonio,Ibiza, to be precise so very fond memories - hope you have a lovely time!!

Nicola
x
Old Aug 28th 2005, 7:08 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

Originally Posted by Bengyboo
We are still planning on starting out near Mandurah, I am going to see a rental on Tuesday, but couldn't resist a sneaky look. Looks nice from the outside, and I need a boat to fully utilise its location, if you know what I mean fellas. Wink, wink. (Everyone round mine via boat for BBQ??)

The couple I am staying with have said there are loads of business opportunities around if you have good business brain, which really made me feel positive after finding it all a little overwhelming on the first day.

It's a big complicated place and all us 163'ers are starting from scratch, but I think once we are set-up with houses, and the living side of things is sorted, the business part will just fall into place.

How exciting, and thanks so much for sharing all this info 'as and when' so to speak!

My hubby seems to think that any home that has a drive needs a boat to sit in it!! Lol!

Enjoy the rest of your reckie, and the clay pigeon shoot!!

Nicola
Old Aug 28th 2005, 8:30 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PJ & B
Thanks for all your support, interview booked for 8 am this monday (4 pm Perth time i hope), i've beeen instructed by the g'vner that under no terms am i to have any grog on Sunday.
but..but..
NO BUTS..
Doohh..

All the Best
PJ
Good luck PJ
With your interview in the morning..!!

Hey B: let the man have some grog tonight..!!
A well-rested and relaxed PJ will be much better than a stressed-out one who has been awake all night thinking about the interview..!!

Mind you, having met PJ, I don't think he does 'stressed-out'..!!

PJ: just be yourself mate - you'll walk it..!!

All the best,
Craig & Sarah.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:09 am
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bengyboo
We are still planning on starting out near Mandurah, I am going to see a rental on Tuesday, but couldn't resist a sneaky look. Looks nice from the outside, and I need a boat to fully utilise its location, if you know what I mean fellas. Wink, wink. (Everyone round mine via boat for BBQ??)

The couple I am staying with have said there are loads of business opportunities around if you have good business brain, which really made me feel positive after finding it all a little overwhelming on the first day.

It's a big complicated place and all us 163'ers are starting from scratch, but I think once we are set-up with houses, and the living side of things is sorted, the business part will just fall into place.
Oh BB...

I am just *green*...
(don't know if it's the envy, or the HUGE and very STRONG hot toddy I've just drunk... (everyone in the Rogue household is ill-sick-poorly-dying..!!)

BB, it sounds GREAT... please keep posting: you're keeping the dream real for so many people right now..!!

Take care mate,
Craig.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:13 am
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by kev235
.....certainly very comforting to know that Jan (wife) and I are for sure going to have new freinds to meet up when we finally arrive in Perth (some time of yet). I think I read somewhere that the next 163 meet is going to be on a Saturday evenning, if so that is great as a lot easier for us to make it.
G'day Kev...

Sooo, you're officially a 163'er now eh..?? Welcome..!!
Yes, the Saturday afternoon / evening meet seemed to be the preferred choice for the majority, so we'll probably post a proposed time / place in the next few days.

Glad things are coming together for you guys.

ATB,
RT.

Last edited by Rogue Trader; Aug 28th 2005 at 9:20 am.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:16 am
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by The Vallies
How exciting, and thanks so much for sharing all this info 'as and when' so to speak!

My hubby seems to think that any home that has a drive needs a boat to sit in it!! Lol!

Enjoy the rest of your reckie, and the clay pigeon shoot!!

Nicola
Andrew is absolutely right..!!
But from the sound of BB's description, the boat will be tied up at the private jetty, not just on the drive..!! It sounds just amazing..!!

Rogue.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:19 am
Aussie Citizen

A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is...oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.
These are absolutely hilarious Jase..!!
I think I've just woken the Roguettes with my laughter..!!

Rogue.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

kev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Celebrations and a huge sigh of relief!

Originally Posted by OldFolk
Hi Rogue

We're still here in the background known as limbo waiting for buyers.

Sponsorship is valid for 6 months so that gives us till Feb 06 to lodge our visa application. We have decided to wait till Xmas, if business still not sold we will apply anyway. Only problem is all you guys will have left and there won't be anyone to answer our stupid questions about staples and numbering from the bottom up. We'd better start finalising it now before you all disappear.

We've had plenty of interest in the business over the last year but nothing definite. We changed estate agents and they booked 3 viewings but only 1 bothered to turn up. I hope your right about September cos it is so frustrating. If it doesn't start happening soon I'll be too old and demented to go.

Anyway I have read all the news, glad the meet went well.

Congrats to Pasha you must be so excited.

Well done to Mark negotiating such a good deal on the business and so sad about your mate dying. It really makes you think.

Good luck to PJ&B for the phone interview - Im sure you'll pass with flying colours.

J - your sponsorship will be with you very soon. I reckon day 32.

Welcome back to those of you who've been on holiday.

Sorry to hear about Bengyboos son's brokern arm, happened to my daughter a few years ago. She screamed the place down when they cut the plaster off cos she thought her arm would fall off!

Hi to Kev and anyone else I've forgotten - you have to forgive me cos I'm very old and forgetful.

Mrs Oldfolk
Hi Mrs Oldfolk.

Don,t worry I will still be around for a while, you can answer my stupid questions and visa versa. Good luck with selling the business, I guess this is pretty crucial to your plans to migrate.

Regards Kev
Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi guys

Whoops!!!!!

Too much grog last night, slept in and missed the all important interview, oh well never mind!!!!!!!Back to square one.

PJ

Only joking!!!!!!!

All went well. Asked the all important question "are we in", she said once the meds come back, if they are ok, we will have to be in Oz by March 06. She is also going to track the meds for us, to speed things up, as I advised her we were ready to go, once house sale goes through.

So there you have it, even though we havent go the visa yet, its pretty much in the bag.

PJ
Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by foxychic
I hope the sun shines for us, sick of this weather, just booked to go to Ibiza for a couple days, so I hope it's nice there.

FC
Sounds great foxychic - hope you have a lovely time! Weather here keeps promising to be nice on the BBC website, but then never quite delivers

Best wishes

Chrissy
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:05 pm
Aussie Citizen

Hi guys

Whoops!!!!!

Too much grog last night, slept in and missed the all important interview, oh well never mind!!!!!!!Back to square one.

PJ
There is a very unhealthy sense of humour running through this thread..!!

Only joking!!!!!!!

All went well. Asked the all important question "are we in", she said once the meds come back, if they are ok, we will have to be in Oz by March 06. She is also going to track the meds for us, to speed things up, as I advised her we were ready to go, once house sale goes through.

So there you have it, even though we havent go the visa yet, its pretty much in the bag.

PJ
Wooo-Hooo..!!
Good on ya PJ & B..!!
Congratulations..!! I knew you'd walk it..!!

So, there'll be a-plenty tonight then..??

Well done.

The Rogues.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Thought you might like these:

The questions below, about Australia are from potential visitors. They were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a sense of humour.

Q: Does it ever get windy in Australia? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? (UK).
A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.

Q: Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? (USA)
A: Depends how much you've been drinking.

Q: I want to walk from Perth to Sydney. Can I follow the railroad tracks? (Sweden)
A: Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q: Is it safe to run around in the bushes in Australia? (Sweden)
A: So it's true what they say about Swedes.

Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville and Hervey Bay (UK)
A: What did your last slave die of?

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia? (USA)
A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not... oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.

Q: Which direction is North in Australia? (USA)
A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into Australia? (UK)
A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q: Can I wear high heels in Australia? ( UK)
A: You are a British politician, right?

Q: Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? (Germany)
A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers. Milk is illegal.

Q: Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)
A: Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Australia, but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. (USA)
A: It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q: Do you have perfume in Australia? (France)
A: No, WE don't stink.

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Australia? (USA)
A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q: Can you tell me the regions in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)
A: Yes, gay nightclubs.

Q: Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia? (France)
A: Only at Christmas.

Q: I was in Australia in 1969 on R+R, and I want to contact the girl I dated while I was staying in Kings Cross. Can you help? (USA)
A: Yes, and you will still have to pay her by the hour.

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA)
A: Yes, but you'll have to learn it first

I did giggle more than once....

J
Brilliant, thanks for that! Really made me laugh, which is just what I need right now.

I'm sat here on my computer thinking, wondering and just hoping really that there's an unread email sitting on our Agents computer to say we've got our CO appointed. It'll be 6 weeks tomorrow since our credit card was charged and everyday that goes by is making me jittery with nerves. The whole of our family want this so much, even the little Boogies!

Fingers crossed we'll hear something tomorrow.

Chrissy
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Oh BB...

I am just *green*...
(don't know if it's the envy, or the HUGE and very STRONG hot toddy I've just drunk... (everyone in the Rogue household is ill-sick-poorly-dying..!!)

BB, it sounds GREAT... please keep posting: you're keeping the dream real for so many people right now..!!

Take care mate,
Craig.
BB, sounds like everything is going so well for you and you must be soooo happy right now. It's really good to hear all about how things are going out there, and it keeps us all going thinking that will be us someday!

Rogue, sorry to hear you're all poorly-sick-dying My son's had a bad ear infection and upset tummy since we came back from Cyprus. He's on his second course of antibiotics now. Hope you all get better soon.

Best wishes

Chrissy
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys

Whoops!!!!!

PJ

Only joking!!!!!!!

PJ
Fantastic news PJ - well done!!!! It really does sound like it's in the bag for you guys

Our meds were posted on 19th August but the tracking details just say "passed to the overseas postal service for delivery". The Docs sent it Royal Mail International Signed for - does anyone know if this is usual or will it show signed for at some stage soon?

Chrissy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.