Wikiposts

business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Aug 30th 2005, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Boogie65
Hi J and everyone

Great news! We got a call from our Agent at around 11am to say he'd received an email from our CO It's taken me this long to come down from the clouds and I'm now running around like a headless chicken gathering the extra info she's asked for.

Hopefully J you will get your sponsorship really really soon and hopefully the Vallies will also get a lovely notification of their CO being appointed too!

It's just fantastic to feel that we're moving slowly slowly towards our dream

Best wishes

Chrissy
Hi Chrissy

Great news, once the CO starts moving with the application, things progress really quickly from then on.

Take care

B
Old Aug 30th 2005, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bengyboo
Hello all from your roving reporter....anyone got a business to sell???

Well done PJ&B for the already in the bag visa. But why only 6 months to get there? I thought it was 1 year from meds?? They are probably desperate for you to get there, knowing what your skills and abilities can add to the economy!!

Very funny Q&A JaseLee, sniggering in the Internet Cafe!

Been all over the last few days, checked out the kennels in Byford where the dog will be quarantined, couldn't go in on a Sunday but am going back today.

Yesterday travelled North from Mandurah, to Bindoon via Bullsbrook. (Everyone gets map out).

Bindoon was lovely, B&B lady suggested I spoke to the tractor retailer in town, who has been there a year or so on a 160 visa. They love it and the local council has been incredibly helpful, doing anything they can to help, really positive to have a new business in the town.

Picked the B&B lady's brain on all sorts, spiders, bushfire's, everything to do with living in a rural area.

Then back down to Joondalup to see accountant, seems very switched on. I get the impression that there are considerable tax breaks by having a family trust set up to run the company.

He also had some interesting views on the way to go into business, suggesting purchase of existing business is the best way to go. I'm not so sure......(but see SteveyP section below, as he has done it so well).

Then went to see SteveyP......(Hi Steve, see you Friday).
Great guy, lovely family we had a good chat about everything, Steve has some great advice on how everyone is trying to rip you off, and that most businesses for sale are dogs, especially most franchises!! You have to be really careful, but he seems to have sussed it with the pool business.

I am sure he will explain it all to you individually when we get together, but even with all of the ups and downs they are still really positive and love it in OZ.
Although I get the impression that most other Poms (I have started to call them Poms now as well as I am practically Crocodile Dundee)!! Like nothing better than a good moan about everything, too hot, too cold, pay for everything, don't like this, not the same as home etc. Hence whinging Pom.

I am glad to say Steve is a great person to meet for making you feel like you made the correct decision.

Then an hour drive in the dark through the bush back to Bindoon, a bit scary.

Bloody cold here at night, no heating in the houses, I was freezing this morning, bring jumpers and slippers, even gloves and coats for winter.

In Perth town centre today, just about to check out kennels again, then on to South Yunderup (everyone checks map), near Mandurah to look at rental house.

Wish me luck.

This is Bengyboo, reporting for all 163'ers, from Perth, Australia.
Hi BB

It's great to hear your news. I dont like the bit about it being cold though!!!

Good luck with the house hunting.

Keep us updated, it good to know what its like for when we get there, which will be very soon hopefully.

Take care

PJ & B
Old Aug 30th 2005, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jaselee
Know exactly how you feel Chrissy and we're only at the stage of waiting for our sponsorship. We are now on day 30 and still no email.

Patience is a blah blah blah blah

Keep smiling and all will come good in time.

Cheers

J
Hi J

Hope you get some news soon, the waiting is the worst part. Not much longer now i'm sure.

Hang in there!!

B
Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

jaselee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi J and everyone

Great news! We got a call from our Agent at around 11am to say he'd received an email from our CO It's taken me this long to come down from the clouds and I'm now running around like a headless chicken gathering the extra info she's asked for.

Hopefully J you will get your sponsorship really really soon and hopefully the Vallies will also get a lovely notification of their CO being appointed too!

Best wishes

Chrissy
Top stuff Chrissy,

I'm smiling : away for you here.....The sun, sea and sand are getting closer by the day.

Hopefully the extra info isn't too demanding and you can get that sorted quickly.

Cheers for now

J
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi J and everyone

Best wishes

Chrissy
Great News Chrissy!

You're on your way now. I'm sure things will really move quickly now.

You will soon be joining us in Mountain Creek!!

Good luck to everyone else I'm sure you will all hear soon. Patience is a virtue being a 163'er!!!!

Best wishes

Sheila
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi J and everyone

Best wishes

Chrissy
Wooo....Hoooo Chrissy!!! Just think......if the request for some additional information has caused this much excitement......you'll be just like the rest of us......when you get your actual visa.........doing gymnastics in the house!!!!

Congratulations on getting closer to your dream!!!

Regards.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PJ & B
......Im trying to get myself organised and have started packing away things we want to take, but dont need for everyday, so the house is looking a bit bare now, all the pictures off the walls. Ive got a list of what needs doing and i'm working through it. It quite difficult when you dont have a date to work off, but it all needs to be done, so may as well do it now, rather than leave till the last minute.
Hey PJ & B - It just feels GREAT to be taking care of the little things like that!!! At least it feels like you're doing SOMETHING while you're waiting!!! We, too, are in the process of taking care of the small stuff right now....clearing out some clutter, making all kinds of LISTS, taking care of the puppy transport issues, etc.

Every now n' then (ALOT) this sense of URGENCY comes over us........and we just want to pack it all in and get on with it already!!!! Oh well......things are definitely progressing.......slowly but surely!!!

Happy packing!!! Oh....and best of luck with the home-schooling!!!! How very admirable of you to take on the additional role.....of 'teacher'.....during this exciting time!!!!

Regards.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:57 am
Just Joined

OldFolk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Celebrations and a huge sigh of relief!

Originally Posted by kev235
Hi Mrs Oldfolk.

Don,t worry I will still be around for a while, you can answer my stupid questions and visa versa. Good luck with selling the business, I guess this is pretty crucial to your plans to migrate.

Regards Kev

Hi Kev

Nice to know we won't be left here on our own. Will answer your questions if we can. Selling business is vital for us, as we don't have the required finances without that sale. Good luck with your business plan.

Mrs O
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:22 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PJ & B
Hi guys

Whoops!!!!!

Too much grog last night, slept in and missed the all important interview, oh well never mind!!!!!!!Back to square one.

PJ

PJ
Well done you guys!!!

Nearly there!!!.............................

Nicola
x
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:29 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pasha
J - we are HOOKED on anything 'Australia'!!!! We always search the satellite programming for 'Australia' - and will watch everything we can find!!! Yesterday (on the Discovery Channel) we watched a documentary about Tasmania!!!! It's just the most exciting thing - isn't it!?!

I agree with you though - in that many people that move to Australia never completely feel 'at home'!!! It's just amazing to read some threads - whereupon people are complaining about the most trivial little things - just because it's not what they are used to 'back home'. Well......when I hear / read those kinds of things, I can't help by think to myself "Why did you move then?" We're not moving to a modified version of the UK or Canada......we're moving to a completely different country - which is unique unto itself!!! We must embrace all the great and not-so-great things about living in a different country!!!!

I've always said that I feel a 'soul connection' to Australia!!! So, returning to OZ will truly feel like returning to my roots!!! I must be careful that I don't loosely say that around people that don't 'get it' - as they would probably think I'm mental or something!!!! But - for those that share the same dream - I don't hesitate for a second to express my sincere thoughts on this.

Now - it's ME that feels as though I've waffled on!!! Oh Well!!! I guess that's what PASSION does to a person!!!

Enjoy watching the Jones' family!!!! We'll be sharing in their unique world very soon!!!

Regards.
OMG i know where you are coming from on that one! I dont have room on Sky planner to record Eastenders at the moment cause Andrew has everything (everything Ozzie, that is) on series link (if you understand what that is). Still, I am not complaining!

I remember one of the 'down under' shows when one of the 'Poms' was complaining that there wasnt a M&S in Oz - I mean.... what do you expect? It made me laugh so much....

Nicola
x
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:35 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

Originally Posted by Bengyboo
Hello all from your roving reporter....anyone got a business to sell???

Well done PJ&B for the already in the bag visa. But why only 6 months to get there? I thought it was 1 year from meds?? They are probably desperate for you to get there, knowing what your skills and abilities can add to the economy!!

Very funny Q&A JaseLee, sniggering in the Internet Cafe!

Been all over the last few days, checked out the kennels in Byford where the dog will be quarantined, couldn't go in on a Sunday but am going back today.

Yesterday travelled North from Mandurah, to Bindoon via Bullsbrook. (Everyone gets map out).

Bindoon was lovely, B&B lady suggested I spoke to the tractor retailer in town, who has been there a year or so on a 160 visa. They love it and the local council has been incredibly helpful, doing anything they can to help, really positive to have a new business in the town.

Picked the B&B lady's brain on all sorts, spiders, bushfire's, everything to do with living in a rural area.

Then back down to Joondalup to see accountant, seems very switched on. I get the impression that there are considerable tax breaks by having a family trust set up to run the company.

He also had some interesting views on the way to go into business, suggesting purchase of existing business is the best way to go. I'm not so sure......(but see SteveyP section below, as he has done it so well).

Then went to see SteveyP......(Hi Steve, see you Friday).
Great guy, lovely family we had a good chat about everything, Steve has some great advice on how everyone is trying to rip you off, and that most businesses for sale are dogs, especially most franchises!! You have to be really careful, but he seems to have sussed it with the pool business.

I am sure he will explain it all to you individually when we get together, but even with all of the ups and downs they are still really positive and love it in OZ.
Although I get the impression that most other Poms (I have started to call them Poms now as well as I am practically Crocodile Dundee)!! Like nothing better than a good moan about everything, too hot, too cold, pay for everything, don't like this, not the same as home etc. Hence whinging Pom.

I am glad to say Steve is a great person to meet for making you feel like you made the correct decision.

Then an hour drive in the dark through the bush back to Bindoon, a bit scary.

Bloody cold here at night, no heating in the houses, I was freezing this morning, bring jumpers and slippers, even gloves and coats for winter.

In Perth town centre today, just about to check out kennels again, then on to South Yunderup (everyone checks map), near Mandurah to look at rental house.

Wish me luck.

This is Bengyboo, reporting for all 163'ers, from Perth, Australia.
Fabulous reporting BB! Forget your new business and get a job with the news channel!!

Please let us know re: the kennels if you get chance - keen to know what they are like.

V interested about your comments on buying businesses. We have been surfing and picked up a francise cafe on the night, the turnover/profit looked really good for the price - but worth investigating carefully following Steve's advise huh?

Did you see any scary spiders yet??? (We had a red back in the garage of the property we stayed at in Beldon last year - scared the living daylights out of me!! - the kids thought it was fab!!) Lol!

Don't get too cold!!

Nicola
x
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:44 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

Hi J and everyone

Best wishes

Chrissy
Oh huge congrats you guys!!! At last eh?
These little steps are so exciting arnt they - all leading to the one big step!!

Still waiting this end, but its just gotta be any day soon!! Have you done your meds/police checks yet??

Happy celebrations
Nicola
x
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Oh huge congrats you guys!!! At last eh?
These little steps are so exciting arnt they - all leading to the one big step!!

Still waiting this end, but its just gotta be any day soon!! Have you done your meds/police checks yet??

Happy celebrations
Nicola
x
Hi Nicola, you're right - it's just a tiny step really but it means so much just to know we're slowly moving up the pile. I'm keeping everything crossed that you're going to get some news very very soon too.

We're hoping to submit the additional info requested to our Agents tomorrow, so they'll get it Thursday and courier it over to the CO. Should land on her desk within the next week hopefully.

Yes we did our meds unrequested on 9th August, and they were sent on 19th August as it took a week to get the blood tests back. They should have been received by now although I don't know this for certain because they haven't acknowledged them and you can't fully track Royal Mail Intl signed for in Oz apparently

The Police checks went off by courier from our Agents around the same time and they've definitely been tracked as signed for. They were unrequested too but we wanted to try to save some time.

So we'll be back to playing the waiting game again hoping the extra info we're supplying is good for them. Our Agent says a form will be coming through sometime from the CO asking us to sign to say there haven't been any change of circumstances since we applied, so maybe that'll be the next step? (When did anyone else get theirs? Rogue? Pasha? Bengy?)

Best wishes
Chrissy
Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steveyp
It's true... I am nice! although a little oppinionated at times.

I have mail for you Bengyboo... I guess it will keep till friday?

Cheers
Steve
It might be the crack and LSD I ordered, can you keep it until Friday??

Maybe by the toilet??

Don't worry your opinions are more than welcome.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok I think rental house is sorted, I have applied to the agent, who "vets" me for suitability before they give it the OK.

BBQ round mine when ever you get here!! (As long as it is after I get here mid October otherwise you may all be there on your own, ). SteveyP, you up for it?

Back in Mandurah, with my new friends in the B&B, (I can recommend them to anyone.) The guy there, I kid you not, is just like Rex Hunt and likes to hunt/shoot/fish/camp more than Rex does. Brilliant guy, we sat chatting for hours last night.

Looking into business ops and locations but that really needs to wait until the MD gets here.

Have to go and sort bank accounts so more soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.