Wikiposts

business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Congratulations Jaselee on getting your sponsorship. I'm glad to hear that you celebrated in style last night. Cheers!!

Mark, I'm glad to hear that everything is moving well with the sale of your business. I was really sorry to hear about the sad death of your friend , it certainly it a quick reality check for us all.I bet you can't wait to get to Aus for your recci trip.

Your plans seem perfect and I'm sure that in your two weeks away you will really be able to settle on an area you like. If you need any info on the Sunshine Coast we have done loads of homework. As you Know Paul is flying back out to Brisbane on 12 Sept to try and establish his business but he is also going to be spending time in Buderim checking out schools, rentals etc etc. One of the Principals has already agreed to meet him on Saturday to show him round the school even though its there half term. We were pretty impressed with that.

Anyway, I dont want to keep rambling again, Rogue with think I've been on the speed again!!

Best Wishes to all

Sheila

P.S I would love to meet up with you but I'm afraid Yorkshire will be a bit far for me.

Hi Sheila,

Thanks for the info on SC the only problem I see if we live in Buderim etc is the distance between there and Brisbane, I think we have pretty much decided that our target marketplace is Brisbane CBD, what I dont want to do is drive 1 hour to work everyday, the whole point of OZ is to make our quality of like better. We wont really know if this is it until we go, but ideally we will live 35-45 mins from the centre of Brisbane, then have our office half way between, thats the plan anyway, we will have to see.

Buderim was voted the third best place on earth to live after Aspen, USA and Paris so of course we really want to go and visit, poss even worth an hours drive to work!!!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:41 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wildmark
Hi FC, I would be up for the Coln meet as we have to drop some things off at Jill's sister who lives in Nelson within a month or so, so you come up with a few night options and we'll be there.

Mark
Mark Wild... you are just a tart..!! You're a meet-up groupie..!!

Having said that, we're no better: yep, we'll come along.
FC: How's about that fantastic Italian restaurant on the main street..? Can't quite remember its name, but it will come back to me.

RT.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

jaselee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OldFolk
Do you have a business and property to sell? If so, hope you have more luck than we are having.

Enjoy your curry and a few more bevvies.

All the best

Mrs O
Thanks for that Mrs O

At least I don't feel I'm being picked on....

I am currently a 50% shareholder in a ltd business and so would need to sell my shares. Hopefully my partner will talk to the nice man at the bank and write me a big cheque. Well big piece of paper with a couple of small numbers on anyway.
Also got the house, the cars, the belongings etc etc to sell.

Still it's all about adventure.

He who dares will never say "if only I'd tried"

Curry was fab by the way.

Keep your chin up on the business sale it will come eventually. Like most things that are up for sale there is always someone out there for everything, it's just a matter of time for their paths to cross.

It'll come.

And yes you win the local clairvoyance championships.

Keep smiling

J
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:54 am
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Hi Craig,

Were looking forward to going for a visit now.

Caloundra is one of the areas that seems to tick all our boxes, but like I've said, no amount of internet research can get close to actually going there.

Whens the next meeting? I ask you - as you have naturally assumed the position of 163 Social Director. It would be nice to meet all the same guys, plus meet some of the others before they fly away.

Mark
Ok... I did promise something before the end of this week...
163'ers meet-up..... part deux.....

Sooo, Saturday was found to be better for the majority than Sunday...
The location was central and distance was not an issue for anyone (the Rogues pulled the short straw distance-wise)... so hows about 8 weeks after the last one..??

Saturday the 15th October

Having checked, this date misses most of the school holidays so shouldn't clash with holiday plans. The general location (Nuneaton) was the most central to all the 163'ers, but the exact venue may need to change subject to the number attending, as the bar gets quite busy on a Saturday afternoon / evening and there was not a lot of space, so please confirm your attendance and once we have an idea of numbers, I'll ring round a few places for the venue (and don't worry: I'll make sure there's a hotel on site..!!)

To all who were unable to make the last one: you missed a treat... don't make the same mistake twice..!! It's gonna be an awesome day..!!

Rogue x

PS you never know, this may be mentioned once or twice more over the next few weeks..!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Wink Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Mark Wild... you are just a tart..!! You're a meet-up groupie..!!

Having said that, we're no better: yep, we'll come along.
FC: How's about that fantastic Italian restaurant on the main street..? Can't quite remember its name, but it will come back to me.

RT.
Italian sounds good to me..bitch!!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok... I did promise something before the end of this week...
163'ers meet-up..... part deux.....

Sooo, Saturday was found to be better for the majority than Sunday...
The location was central and distance was not an issue for anyone (the Rogues pulled the short straw distance-wise)... so hows about 8 weeks after the last one..??

Saturday the 15th October

Having checked, this date misses most of the school holidays so shouldn't clash with holiday plans. The general location (Nuneaton) was the most central to all the 163'ers, but the exact venue may need to change subject to the number attending, as the bar gets quite busy on a Saturday afternoon / evening and there was not a lot of space, so please confirm your attendance and once we have an idea of numbers, I'll ring round a few places for the venue (and don't worry: I'll make sure there's a hotel on site..!!)

To all who were unable to make the last one: you missed a treat... don't make the same mistake twice..!! It's gonna be an awesome day..!!

Rogue x

PS you never know, this may be mentioned once or twice more over the next few weeks..!!

Were in, the kids may even come this time, as there very excited and mature/intereted enough to want to ask lots of questions to people that have been there.

Mark
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:36 am
Aussie Citizen

Italian sounds good to me..bitch!!!
Eyup you hussie....

I think it's Carlo's on Albert Road.
Wait and see what Mrs Foxy and Mr Chic say as they'll probably know it better as their shop is in Colne.

RT x
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:39 am
Aussie Citizen

Were in, the kids may even come this time, as there very excited and mature/intereted enough to want to ask lots of questions to people that have been there.

Mark
Surely not.... WildMark wants to come to a meet and got his name down first to have some , a chat, some , a laugh, some , grab some grub, have some ..... see the pattern.....

Looking forward to seeing you again mate.

RT x
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Eyup you hussie....

I think it's Carlo's on Albert Road.
Wait and see what Mrs Foxy and Mr Chic say as they'll probably know it better as their shop is in Colne.

RT x
There is Carlo's and Giorgios both on Albert Road, it's a while since I ate at Giorgios but it is nice there, have never eaten at Carlo's but it looks good and has been there a while. Any night better than another for anyone?
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:40 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of
Smile Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi Guys!!!

HUGE congrats J on your sponsership!!! Really chuffed to pieces for you guys - are you still celebrating?? Lol. Good luck getting the final application together!

Glad you had a great time in Ibiza, FC, and yes it does bring great memories for me and hubby (some rather blurred however! :bigwink: )

We are well up for the meet on the 15th October, I have emailed our relief manager and if he can look after our hotel for us, we will all come up, and stay over somewhere (anywhere?).
It will be so great to meet you guys

No other news from the Vallie household I am afraid. Still no CO appointed (our agent says things have slowed down a bit - yeah......, like the sponsership that took two months + instead of one!) However, we still have no news selling our hotel, so I guess we neednt panic just yet!

Still wanna be there for Christmas though!!! (I think we offered a Boxing Day barbie - cant remember - but dont wanna let you down!!! )

Have a lovely weekend everyone

Nicola
x
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:43 am
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by The Vallies
We are well up for the meet on the 15th October, I have emailed our relief manager and if he can look after our hotel for us, we will all come up, and stay over somewhere (anywhere?).
It will be so great to meet you guys
Hey Nicola and Andrew...

Really hope you guys can make it: it will be great to meet you all.

Still wanna be there for Christmas though!!! (I think we offered a Boxing Day barbie - cant remember - but dont wanna let you down!!! )
The Christmas celebrations so far are here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=377 ....but you're right - you certainly did invite us all to a BBQ... and we have it in writing, so we're holding you to it... so you'd better get your finger out and get over there because you've got a party to host...!!!!!

Be happy.
The Rogues.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 7:16 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

The Christmas celebrations so far are here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=377 ....but you're right - you certainly did invite us all to a BBQ... and we have it in writing, so we're holding you to it... so you'd better get your finger out and get over there because you've got a party to host...!!!!!

Be happy.
The Rogues.
You bet The Beers/Wine are in the fridge, the food is on the Barbie, the kids are in the Pool, the music is beating, the grown ups are chatting/laughing/being silly ( ) - yes we are there already!!! (in our dreams !!!)

Where's the time going?!!!! It will be done!!!

Nicola
x
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

jaselee is an unknown quantity at this point

You bet The Beers/Wine are in the fridge, the food is on the Barbie, the kids are in the Pool, the music is beating, the grown ups are chatting/laughing/being silly ( ) - yes we are there already!!! (in our dreams !!!)

Nicola
x
I hear you.

The stuff that dreams are made of......Had the in laws round tonight and they were telling us how wonderful it would be to move to Oz and how well our son would develop over there.

I was so close to telling them.

Need to wait for the visa's to land then we can invite them to our welcome barby.....

We'll all be there before we know it.

J
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaselee
I hear you.

The stuff that dreams are made of......Had the in laws round tonight and they were telling us how wonderful it would be to move to Oz and how well our son would develop over there.

I was so close to telling them.

Need to wait for the visa's to land then we can invite them to our welcome barby.....

We'll all be there before we know it.

J
Hey Jaselee - we can completely relate to the pressures of having to keep such a huge secret from everyone you love!!!

We have not told anyone in our families yet - even though we've got our visa now!!!

We will hold off on breaking the news until we have sold the company....and are truly well on our merry way!!!

If we told our families we were moving to Australia, their next question would be "What about the business?" We'd like the sale of our business to remain as quiet and confidential as possible. As such, we don't even want to tell our families that it is for sale as we speak - in case they innocently slip-up the information to someone that need not know.

I know, I know......it sounds terrible!!! But.....there truly IS a method to our MADNESS

Regards.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point

Nicola
x
Hey Nicola - what a FABULOUS picture you've painted!!!!

Yeh.....I'm feeling the pressures of that New Years Eve party at our place!!! With the way time is moving so quickly......something tells me that we may be letting down our 163'er buddies!!!

We're still hoping and praying - but BOY these business sales take much longer than we'd like!!!!

Oh Well.......heads' still up!!!

Regards.

Last edited by Pasha; Sep 2nd 2005 at 10:02 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.