Wikiposts

business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Sep 5th 2005, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by foxychic
Ok then, I will be brave and suggest a date for the Colne meet, how about Tuesday 20th September?

FC
Forgot to say at Carlo's on Albert Road, have checked and they are open Tues, we only need to book if we are a large party.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 5:37 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

"Boo...!!!"

Did I make you jump..??

Yeah, I know: I've got too much time on my hands..!!
RT x
Old Sep 7th 2005, 6:34 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
"Boo...!!!"

Did I make you jump..??

RT x

:shock:

RT, I have posted this somewhere else too, but I am sure your fountain of great, deep and meaningful knowledge will be able to answer my question in double quick time!!

Re: Our medicals.....

On the main Form 26 document, it says take your X-rays with you to the medical.

On the Form 60, it instructs the Radiologist to enclose the x-ray with the Form 60 and send to DIMIA.

Do they have two copies then?

One for us to take to the medical, and one to be sent direct to DIMIA?

Hey.... also.......... we have a second viewing on our hotel!!! (Yippeeeee!!). Not until the 24th Sept (so they cant be that desparate for our beautiful manor house ) but still, its a step in the right direction - 'PP's' at work!! ('Pasha Positives')

Have a lovely evening all!

Nicola
x
Old Sep 7th 2005, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

"Boo...!!!"

Did I make you jump..??

RT x
Might not have made me jump but I was sadly excited when I saw someone had posted after a quiet few days!

Would put a smilie but still have no access to them at the side with this thread.

FC
Old Sep 7th 2005, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Vallies

On the Form 60, it instructs the Radiologist to enclose the x-ray with the Form 60 and send to DIMIA.

Nicola
x
Good news on the 2nd viewing.

We had a bit of a cock up with our x-rays/meds but, I believe the radiologist gives you a sealed envelope which you take to the Doc's. What he does then I don't know as we didn't have ours, but the Doc then sends everything (inc x-ray) to DIMIA. Don't worry too much, they know the procedures and will tell you what to do.

FC
Old Sep 7th 2005, 6:39 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by foxychic
Good news on the 2nd viewing.

We had a bit of a cock up with our x-rays/meds but, I believe the radiologist gives you a sealed envelope which you take to the Doc's. What he does then I don't know as we didn't have ours, but the Doc then sends everything (inc x-ray) to DIMIA. Don't worry too much, they know the procedures and will tell you what to do.

FC
Thanks for the info FC - sorry to hear you had probs with yours though! We will all get there in the end eh??

Thanks again

Nicola
x
Old Sep 7th 2005, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

:shock:

RT, I have posted this somewhere else too, but I am sure your fountain of great, deep and meaningful knowledge will be able to answer my question in double quick time!!

Hey.... also.......... we have a second viewing on our hotel!!! (Yippeeeee!!). Not until the 24th Sept (so they cant be that desparate for our beautiful manor house ) but still, its a step in the right direction - 'PP's' at work!! ('Pasha Positives')

Have a lovely evening all!

Nicola
x
Hi Nicola

In our case we took the sealed envelope with the xrays in to the medical. Our doctor then got them all out in front of us and checked them again himself. He told us at that stage that that there was nothing unusual on them.
The whole lot was then sent to DIMIA. As Foxy said, there is nothing to worry about and they must do loads every week. Its just a big money making exercise for them.

We had 2 doctors dealing with us at the same time. I was with my youngest 2 sons and our doctor did not even get me to take my top off or do any proper examination. Yet the doctor Paul and my eldest son got insisted that they took off their clothes and had a good feel of their parts!!! Lucky them! (I'm glad I did not get him)

Best wishes

Sheila
Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:10 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Nicola

In our case we took the sealed envelope with the xrays in to the medical. Our doctor then got them all out in front of us and checked them again himself. He told us at that stage that that there was nothing unusual on them.
The whole lot was then sent to DIMIA. As Foxy said, there is nothing to worry about and they must do loads every week. Its just a big money making exercise for them.

We had 2 doctors dealing with us at the same time. I was with my youngest 2 sons and our doctor did not even get me to take my top off or do any proper examination. Yet the doctor Paul and my eldest son got insisted that they took off their clothes and had a good feel of their parts!!! Lucky them! (I'm glad I did not get him)

Best wishes

Sheila
Thanks for that Sheila - put my mind at rest! (Although when Andrew reads this his may grimace!! I am not sure he is looking forward to the 'cough, cough' bit!!!)

How old our your little ones? Mine are 7 and 5 and I understand they just do a wee test - were yours ok with this? My boy will wee anywhere, anytime (typical guy I guess ) but my girl is a nightmare! She wont use public loos (in case of germs), and if there is a spot of dirt in the loo she gets me to hold her above it!! (Honestly!).

I cant imagine trying to get her to wee in a pot!!!

Lol!!

Nicola
x
Old Sep 7th 2005, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that Sheila - put my mind at rest! (Although when Andrew reads this his may grimace!! I am not sure he is looking forward to the 'cough, cough' bit!!!)

How old our your little ones? Mine are 7 and 5 and I understand they just do a wee test - were yours ok with this? My boy will wee anywhere, anytime (typical guy I guess ) but my girl is a nightmare! She wont use public loos (in case of germs), and if there is a spot of dirt in the loo she gets me to hold her above it!! (Honestly!).

Lol!!

Nicola
x
Hi Nicola

Our x-rays and meds were pretty much as Sheila described them. I went in with Em to a lady Doc and just had to take my top off for her to listen to my chest and feel my tummy. Stu went in with Tom to a man Doc but he says he didn't have a feel of his or Tom's bits so it seems different docs have different things they like to check on!! The docs got the sealed x-rays out in front of us and checked them, then they sent everything off together to Dimia.

Regarding the weeing bit, Em is 7 and Tom is 9, but I had to hold the tube under Em to get the sample (which of course resulted in it all going all over my hand too ) but that's what it took to get it done so what could I do ...... What made matters worse was the toilet we had to use was a shared one in a Medical Centre and it was really horrible, quite dirty and the water hardly came out of the tap to wash hands afterwards - very bad standard considering it was a medical centre especially!! But it's all done now and just waiting to hear further from the CO.

Have you booked yours yet? Any news on a CO for you? I really hope so and things move along a bit soon

Best wishes
Chrissy
Old Sep 7th 2005, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Lol!!

Nicola
x
Hi Nicola

My boys are aged 6,11 and 13. My 6 year old thought it was a great laugh having to pee into a little test tube. As Chrissy also experienced, as I had to hold the test tube a lot went all over my hand!!. He then proceeded to hold it proudly in the waiting room showing anybody who was interested!

Luckily my older boys managed by themselves!!

We all then had the same examination. You have reminded me that my little one did really badly on his eye test so I must get him checked soon!.

On another subject, I am just waiting for another shipper to call and give us a quote. We have already had 2 round and I am really surprised that their estimates of our gear vary by 700cubic meters!! That is a big difference in cost so I will be really interested to see what the other 2 think.

Has anybody else got this far?? Any advice would be appreciated.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone (Well its very hot here in Kent)

Sheilaxx
Old Sep 7th 2005, 11:36 pm
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Nicola
x
LOL

Hey Nicola... thank you for the vote of confidence... and sorry to have failed miserably
I've been off being busy and neglecting my responsibilities on here..!!

Oh well... everyone else has given you thorough answers and their experiences are the same as ours. Good luck with your meds.

Hey... and great news on the second viewing on the 24th... good luck with that

ATB,
RT.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 11:48 pm
Aussie Citizen

On another subject, I am just waiting for another shipper to call and give us a quote. We have already had 2 round and I am really surprised that their estimates of our gear vary by 700cubic meters!! That is a big difference in cost so I will be really interested to see what the other 2 think.

Has anybody else got this far?? Any advice would be appreciated.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone (Well its very hot here in Kent)

Sheilaxx
Hi Sheila...

We've been through the shipping-quotes stage.
We found that their estimates varied quite considerably... but not by as much as yours... yours are out by over 20 shipping containers..!! :scared::scared:
(sorry, couldn't resist that one..!!)

All our quotes said that we are over a 20' container with what we want to ship, but we're not inclined to pay any excess, so we're whittling down all the time as we're waiting for the house to sell. And on the day, we plan to have a 'reserve' pile: if it fits in at the end, then take it, if not, it stays.

Hope this helps,
RT.

(BTW, how much did your quotes vary? Ours were up to 7 cubic metres out (approximately 250 cu ft) so they were all reasonably close.)
Old Sep 7th 2005, 11:54 pm
Aussie Citizen

Hey Nicola...

Not wanting to push Andrew's blood pressure up too much before he goes in for his medical, but I thought I'd remind him what PJ said just a few days ago......
Originally Posted by PJ & B
Trotted off to Harley Street yesterday to have our mot's done.
All are OK and just have to wait for blood tests to come back.
(although I feel the doctor spent a unreasonable amount of time playing with my gonads)
LOL

Have fun..!!
RT.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sheila...

We've been through the shipping-quotes stage.
We found that their estimates varied quite considerably... but not by as much as yours... yours are out by over 20 shipping containers..!! :scared::scared:
(sorry, couldn't resist that one..!!)

(BTW, how much did your quotes vary? Ours were up to 7 cubic metres out (approximately 250 cu ft) so they were all reasonably close.)
Thanks Rogue for spotting the deliberate mistake!! Of course I meant 700 square feet!
( Apart from your comments I had not realised. I just got the quote out to check!!)
Crown are now saying that we need 1400 sq ft and their estimate is £6737.00. Bishops move came this morning and said we definately need a full 40 ft. But on their figures thats looking at about £8500. Then we've got insurance on to.

We can obviously cut down some items but as we are so far over we may as well take what we want.

The next guy has just turned up I'll speak later

Sx
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:15 am
Aussie Citizen

Thanks Rogue for spotting the deliberate mistake!! Of course I meant 700 square feet!
( Apart from your comments I had not realised. I just got the quote out to check!!)
LOL ... but still, 700 cu ft is still a huge amount to be out by..!!

Crown are now saying that we need 1400 sq ft and their estimate is £6737.00. Bishops move came this morning and said we definately need a full 40 ft. But on their figures thats looking at about £8500. Then we've got insurance on to.
I'm guessing Crown's quote is based on a shared 40' container, yes?

Oh, BTW, these companies usually quote 3% for insurance. You can get the same cover for about 1.5% by going direct so saving £150 per £10k insured... it's not a lot, but every bit counts at this expensive time..!! Shout up if you want a link to an insurer.

ATB,
RT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.