Wikiposts

business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Jul 8th 2005, 11:54 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Pasha
Now it's YOU guys setting the record!!!! No time wasted......that's forsure!!!! But that's exactly how it SHOULD be!!!! Why waste any time when you've got a seriously rockin' good life waiting for you in OZ?!!!!!

Regards.
Cheers Pash..!!

You guys should blow our record out of the water... you've got your PCCs and your meds done already..!!

Remember, we lost 15 days to our medical referral in Oz... other than that, our CO said she had everything else in order on the day of our interview..... so if your meds both go through as "Category A" then you're laughing..!! (Ours were both 'Cat B')

GO FOR IT..!!
Rogue.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

Originally Posted by wildmark
Yep got it Jamie, I have just contacted the software manufacturer to find out how to change the Vat ellement to GST at 10% so as soon as they email me the fix I will send the finished thing, I also sorted out the fault with cash flow showing I would have $30m in cash after 1 year...I wish.
Hi Mark

If you have the right tax rate then you won't need to get a software fix to change the VAT/GST thing, you can just square that away with a note at the beginning of the plan "per centages are correct but computer insists on using VAT to express GST" - VAT/GST still works the same way. Our business plan P&Ls are always prepared net of GST and so far no issues with any assessor about it not being dealt with in the cash flow either. Makes things a helluva lot easier to work with....

Make sure you have addressed the depth of your local knowledge and identified the competition.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Talking Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Pasha
ONLY $30 m....?????

Regards.

Well it's start eh? dont know how anyone could live on less!!!
Old Jul 8th 2005, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jamie Smith
Hi Mark

If you have the right tax rate then you won't need to get a software fix to change the VAT/GST thing, you can just square that away with a note at the beginning of the plan "per centages are correct but computer insists on using VAT to express GST" - VAT/GST still works the same way. Our business plan P&Ls are always prepared net of GST and so far no issues with any assessor about it not being dealt with in the cash flow either. Makes things a helluva lot easier to work with....

Make sure you have addressed the depth of your local knowledge and identified the competition.
Oh! Ok I'll email them to you now.

Mark
Old Jul 11th 2005, 10:11 am
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Hello....... Hello....... Helloo-ooo

Hey... Where is everybody? Oh well Rogue... looks like it's just me and you...!!

This is this first chance I've had in ages to catch up with everyone, thought it would take me well into the early hours and to my surprise there is no news!

Well, they do say no news is good news!

Hope you are all ok, shout my way if you get a mo and let me know where you're at.

Good night, God bless
Mrs R
Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Wink Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Hello....... Hello....... Helloo-ooo

Hey... Where is everybody? Oh well Rogue... looks like it's just me and you...!!

This is this first chance I've had in ages to catch up with everyone, thought it would take me well into the early hours and to my surprise there is no news!

Well, they do say no news is good news!

Hope you are all ok, shout my way if you get a mo and let me know where you're at.

Good night, God bless
Mrs R
I did notice myself it was very quite, I figured that everybody had there visa and that was it, job done.

Mark
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

bloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
There's a new song in the Rogue household......

......and it goes something like this:
(to be sung to the tune of Queen's "We are the Champions")... oh, go on, humour me - sing it out loud..!!

Weee got our visa, my friend......
Yes weee got our visa... in the end... da da da...
We got our vi-sa
We got our vi-sa
No time to waste now
'Cause we got our vi-sa...
Off to Oz...!!!!!!

Wooo-Hooo..!! (yes, you can stop singing now..!!)

We just want to say a HUGE thank you to all the 163’ers who have helped and encouraged us throughout this emotional rollercoaster. The support and encouragement you have given has been incredible. I’m not going to name names, but you know who you are – from those of you who were with us at the beginning, to the latest members of this exclusive club, you know who you are. You have been worth your collective weight in gold. Thank you.

Here’s to you all – and we’re hoping and praying that you all post your ‘got-its’ real soon.

God bless you all,
Craig and Sarah – aka Rogue & Mrs Rogue.
Tremendous.....
Start getting rid of the junk, start looking at the Aussie pictures to remind yourself of where you're goin', start feeling warmer already....

We had Abels removal company round today who said a 20ft container wouldn't hold all the junk so it looks like a 40ft box for us.. then we booked our flights, via Langkawi for a week....and even then, at the last moment the credit card was processed five times by Travelbag and it caused another laughable delay while I rang Amex to sort it...you have to laugh...nothin else to do ...

See you in the Sun !!!
Old Jul 11th 2005, 9:31 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by bloofox
...you have to laugh...nothin else to do ...

See you in the Sun !!!
Good going Bluey...
Remember, first one in buys the drinks..!!

All the best,
Rogue.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bloofox
Tremendous.....
Start getting rid of the junk, start looking at the Aussie pictures to remind yourself of where you're goin', start feeling warmer already....

We had Abels removal company round today who said a 20ft container wouldn't hold all the junk so it looks like a 40ft box for us.. then we booked our flights, via Langkawi for a week....and even then, at the last moment the credit card was processed five times by Travelbag and it caused another laughable delay while I rang Amex to sort it...you have to laugh...nothin else to do ...

See you in the Sun !!!

We were in Langkawi for a week in March, great place.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

OldFolk is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

We're still here - just waiting for:

sponsorship approval - over 3 weeks now

somoone to buy property - changed agent and its gone very quiet

someone to buy business!

Starting to feel very frustrated by whole process.

Grumpy Oldfolk
Old Jul 12th 2005, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OldFolk
We're still here - just waiting for:

sponsorship approval - over 3 weeks now

somoone to buy property - changed agent and its gone very quiet

someone to buy business!

Starting to feel very frustrated by whole process.

Grumpy Oldfolk

Were in the same boat, house market dead, business sale not too bad, genuine interest from someone but offering £70k short of my min amount, but there away thinking it over.

I think its the big gaps in between anything interesting happening thats the worse!
Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:33 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Gday Guys!!

We are here, no worries....

Our application due to be lodged tom (was supposed to be today.. ho hum) so, so far, so good .....

Our hotel (which includes our 'home') is officially on the market, and due to be launched tomorrow - batten down the hatches for the surge of offers!! (Well, a gal can dream cant she??). When we get a decent, proceedable offer, we will go for it, and if nec., rent a home till our visa comes through - that way can move quick, quick, quick.

We are currently packing up stuff (and putting into storage) so our place doesnt look too cluttered, and the rest of the week is cleaning etc.

I have a q uestion 163'ers, if I may.......

For those that didnt front load medicals/police checks, how long, did yours take? To have/lodge etc? Our agent told us not to get them until he says so, so I wonder how long we should add on to our time frame.

Thanks for any comments!

Have a lovely evening everyone

Nicola
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

jaselee is an unknown quantity at this point

Evening all,

Little ol me here still tapping away trying to finish off the sponsorship application. I reckon I'm 95% done now. Done all the numbers and now just finishing off the words. Hopefully done enough.

I am absolutely determined to finish this week to send next week. Get those stop watches on!!!!

Seemed to go quiet over the weekend, I think we hit page 5 at one point. That's an all time low in my short experience of being a 163'er.

Anyway chin up all...those who are soon to go, remember us won't you.
Won't it be cool when we all meet up in 2006!! Party, Party

Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:10 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildmark
We were in Langkawi for a week in March, great place.
Yeah, we went there for a fortnight on our honeymoon - ten years ago last month. Aaaahhhhh memories.

Jules
Old Jul 12th 2005, 11:44 am
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by The Vallies
I have a q uestion 163'ers, if I may.......

For those that didnt front load medicals/police checks, how long, did yours take? To have/lodge etc? Our agent told us not to get them until he says so, so I wonder how long we should add on to our time frame.

Thanks for any comments!

Have a lovely evening everyone

Nicola
Hi Nicola.

We front-loaded our PCCs and we sent our meds unrequested.

The PCCs took about 2 weeks to arrive with us, but we'd applied for them early because our local force reserves the right to take up to 40 days to process the request (don't know if that's the same all over the UK).

We did our meds early, because we had the chance of a cancellation when we rang to book them, and I knew I'd be a "Category B" case so we didn't want any delays if further reports / tests were requested. We finally got them sent off to Sydney on Friday 17th June and by the time I had my interview on Wednesday 22nd June, my CO in Perth said they'd been processed and she had been informed of the initial outcome.

Sooo... that's a long-winded way of saying they didn't take very long at all. PBSPC invite front-loading and sending unrequested "at your own risk" but agents often advise their clients to wait for a request because of the initial entry date being 12 months from the earliest date of either the meds or the PCCs.

Good luck with all the offers you'll receive tomorrow (today now..!!)

Rogue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.