business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Dec 27th 2005, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

[QUOTE=The Vallies]MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Don't think I posted this but we had a wikkid Christmas pressie !!! We got our Visa Granted on Friday!!!!!! Yipppeeee!!!!!! Talk about good timing!! It was a little delayed cause of changing Hannahs passport etc., but we now have the official letter!!!

Love from

Nicola, Andrew,Austin and Hannah

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now that is a Christmas pressie!!! Congrats

Christmas Day in WA was about 28 degrees, very pleasant - no snow or fog or rain.

Sitting by the pool we could smell the bbq'd prawns and breakfasts drifting across - we'll have to do it that way next year!!

Here's wishing all the 163ers and 164ers (if there are any others) everything they could wish for in 2006 - and we look forward to seeing you out here.

Bryan & Joyce

ps - we had the 25th off but had to work all the others!! I thought we were here for the rest!!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 1:18 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BM615
Bryan & Joyce

ps - we had the 25th off but had to work all the others!! I thought we were here for the rest!!
Hi Bryan and Joyce,

We arrived on 26th November and are now fully installed (minus furniture) in Secret Harbour. Where abouts are you living? Would you fancy a 163/164'ers get together? PJ&B are in Secret Harbour, and I know they've had a get-together with Bengyboo. What do you say?

Anyone out there who fancies it, let me know. It could be fun to swap fun and horror stories (like our $600 mobile telephone bill in 2 weeks!!!!).

Take care,

Love,

Jules and co
Old Dec 27th 2005, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by julesandco
Hi Bryan and Joyce,

We arrived on 26th November and are now fully installed (minus furniture) in Secret Harbour. Where abouts are you living? Would you fancy a 163/164'ers get together? PJ&B are in Secret Harbour, and I know they've had a get-together with Bengyboo. What do you say?

Anyone out there who fancies it, let me know. It could be fun to swap fun and horror stories (like our $600 mobile telephone bill in 2 weeks!!!!).

Take care,

Love,

Jules and co
would be great - we are in perth, Mt Claremont. Call me and increase your current mobile bill!!!!! 0416884600

cheers

Bryan
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Don't think I posted this but we had a wikkid Christmas pressie !!! We got our Visa Granted on Friday!!!!!! Yipppeeee!!!!!! Talk about good timing!! It was a little delayed cause of changing Hannahs passport etc., but we now have the official letter!!!

Hope you all have a fabulous and lots of love and best wishes to you all, may all your dreams come true!!!

Love from

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now, back to the pressies!!!

Hi Nicola

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a great Christmas Pressie. I'm really pleased for you all. Just need to sell the business now!!

Hope you all had a good Christmas.We had a lovely time on the beach. We got there at 7.00am to find it pretty busy, but we mananged to find a lovely spot, near the BBQ and over looking a beautiful bay in Caloundra. We cooked up a great breakfast and were in the sea by 8.30am.

Later we spent the rest of the day by the pool. It was a really hot day so weren't surprised when the clouds came over and we had a massive electrical storm. Loads of Thunder and lightening which went on for about 4 hours.

It did spoil the day a bit as we had planned to end the day on the beach and use the new body boards. Never mind.

We did miss the turkey roast, but it was far too hot for that, and we made do with a cold spread. Still managed to have Christmas Pudding though!!.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the holidays and has a great New Year.Hopefully in the next few months we will have the rest of you 163'rs living 'Down Under'!

Have a good one.

Best wishes

Sheilax
Old Dec 28th 2005, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Chrissy

Thats good news about the house. Where is it exactly? I could look it up for you. It will be great to have another friend out here to share a few drinks!!.

I've still not heard about my job and I obviously wont hear now till after Christmas. I did ring them up in the end yesterday and I was told that they still hadn't decided yet and I would hear soon. I suppose I may have a chance, we will have to wait and see..

We've had some good news and some bads news about our stuff. The good news is that is has finally been cleared by customs and quarantine and there are no extra charges. All that cleaning was worth while!! The bad news is that because the container spent nearly 3 weeks at the docks before it was dealt with they are now saying that we are responsible for a storage fee of $1900!!!! The handlers say that it was the customs fault and we can claim against them, but when we spoke to customs they said that they had cleared the container straight away and they were not responsible for the delay.You may have heard that the customs have just installed a new computer causing all these problems.

We are stuck in the middle and do not know what the truth is. Needless to say we have been told that unless we pay the money we cannot have our stuff. We have obviously made a big fuss and gone back to the Co in the UK. They say that they will do everything they can to prove that it is the customs fault and we will have to claim against them.

We are gutted as we will have to pay as we are desperate to get our things back. To be honest we just don't need it at the moment. For anyone coming out here please check your agreement. We thought we had covered everything before we signed but there is a small clause with some terminology which was not clear which states that they can charge you for storage.We were told that apart from AQIS charges they was nothing else. So beware!!!

Some other good news, we have just had an offer on our house in the UK from 1 Jan so hopefully that will go through.

If I don't get on again, I hope you all have a great Christmas. We are going to the beach with our friends at 7.00am to cook bacon and eggs on the BBQs, so that should be novel. It is going to be really hot so we will spend the rest of the day by the pool.

Love and Best wishes to you all

'Nice one 'too Easy Mate'!!!

You'll soon get into the lingo!!

Sheila xx
Hi Sheila

The house is in Hermosa Street or Drive or something, but anyway we know it's about one road away from the schools cos we visited them back in February this year. Musn't get hopes up though cos nothing's definite yet.

At least they didn't say no about the job so there's still a chance for you - good luck with that.

Bummer about your storage bill - hope you get that sorted and put the money towards your boat

The offer for your house is to rent from 1st Jan yes? Great news!

Your Christmas Day sounds awesome on the beach - what a life

All the best
Chrissy
Old Dec 28th 2005, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd pop in and wish all the 163'ers a very Merry Christmas wherever they may be around the world!!

Haven't had much of a chance to catch up I'm afraid as we're on dial-up in our new rental. The house we were staying at in Ocean Reef didn't even have a telephone line, much to my disgust, so I couldn't catch up at all!!

We did pop into say hello Steve, but you weren't working that day :-(

We are now installed in Secret Harbour. We've met up with Pete and Bernie already for a barbie (very surreal seeing the last (and only) time we saw them was in a pub in Northampton!!).

It's been a mad couple of months and the stress and pressure doesn't stop once you get on the plane, but I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Christmas Eve in a rental house with no furniture feels strange, I must admit and it was hard speaking to family tonight feeling so far away......

Oh, well, I'm off to do my Mother Christmas duties now. Take care one and all and a very Happy Holiday season!!

Lots of love,

Jules and Co

P.S. Sam - if you're here... would love to get together for a coffee. Sam's got a place in year three starting in February at SH primary!

P.P.S We've bought a boat too!! Don;t get it until early Jan though! Live the dream eh??

P.P.S (and I'll go after this, I promise) for those of you with small kids, did you know you can track Santa on his travels at:
www.noradsanta.org/
It's a fab site, we use it every year.
Hi Jules and Co

Good to hear you're getting settled in and hope you had a great Christmas, despite having no furniture! You're still living the dream and bet you can't wait to get your hands on that boat of yours.

Best wishes
Chrissy
Old Dec 28th 2005, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hope you all have a fabulous and lots of love and best wishes to you all, may all your dreams come true!!!

Love from

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now, back to the pressies!!!
Hi Nicola

Brilliant Brillian News!! Now it's just the business sale to go through and you can make that Valentines Day flight

All the best
Chrissy
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,

P.S. Sam - if you're here... would love to get together for a coffee. Sam's got a place in year three starting in February at SH primary!

Hi Jules

Yes, I still pop in occasionally and have a read! I'll pm you my mobile number and we can get together. Coincidentally I think you've already met my husband!! Think laptop yesterday..................if it was you, you'll know what I mean! I did send you a pm a few weeks ago - might of been on PIP, thought you might need to borrow a Christmas tree! My eldest is going into Year 3 in Feb so you never know they might even be in the same class!

Happy New Year to you and everybody else who will all be spending next New Year right here in Perth.

Best wishes.

Sam
Old Jan 1st 2006, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

Hope those of you already in Oz continue to love it and that the rest of us get there soon.

Our decision is made - the situation with Nathan's dad looks to be improving, but we have realised that we could wait around for a long time, so, we are going! well just as soon as everything sells anyway, but this week is going to involve approaching possible interested parties about buying our business then advertising it if no joy, so we are moving forward at last.

Best New Year wishes to you all.

Rachel, nathan & Sprogs
Old Jan 1st 2006, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by foxychic
A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

Hope those of you already in Oz continue to love it and that the rest of us get there soon.

Our decision is made - the situation with Nathan's dad looks to be improving, but we have realised that we could wait around for a long time, so, we are going! well just as soon as everything sells anyway, but this week is going to involve approaching possible interested parties about buying our business then advertising it if no joy, so we are moving forward at last.

Best New Year wishes to you all.

Rachel, nathan & Sprogs
Hi Jules & Co

Great news about Nathan's Dad - and great news that you've made your decision it's very exciting isn't it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE !!

I've got high hopes for this New Year - I'm sure everything's going to start moving along quickly for us once everyone gets back to work and into the swing of things - fingers crossed

Best wishes to all for a great 2006

Chrissy
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Red face Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi everyone!
it's been ages since i posted on here!
We're going out to Perth in 4 weeks to do our reccie trip...can't wait!
We're hoping to apply for sponsorship next August once we've got our 2 years turnover. Any suugestions on what order we should do things?.....We also need a business plan sorted, did anybody get it done in Perth? Is it a better idea to meet up with somebody in Oz? or did you do it by yourselves in the UK?......

sorry for all the questions, but we're right at the beginining of the whole process and don't know where to start!!!!!

there's me, hubby and 2 boys Alex & Oliver aged 5 & 7. We're coming out on 3rd Feb with friends who are also looking to emigrate. We're staying in Sorrento and plan to have a good look round and try to work out where would be best for us to start our business.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 6:13 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Happy New Year 163'ers!!!!

Hope you are all having an exciting start to 2006! (Even if you are hung over!!!).

Hi Foxychic! Glad to hear that you are moving forward with things, and all the best for Nathans Dad! My step mum was re-admitted to hospital on Boxing Day, very poorly again, having had the op., chemo, radio, she is totally exhausted of the whole thing, but she is very very strong, so we are just hoping she will continue to fight! Keep us posted your end with all your plans. Good luck!

Hi Chrissy! You too! And hope everyone's dreams come true for this year!

Hi Stumpy We loved Sorrento, Hilarys etc when we went for our reckie last year (er... year before now! ), what business are you in? We used an Agent for our visa application, but it really slowed down the process, and I think, unless your application is very complicated, you can probably do it yourselves, with the help of the experience of the guys on this thread!! Good luck with your trip, and keep us posted with what areas are looking good at the moment!

Questions, answers, making friends, support - thats what we are all here for!

Nicola
x
(PS. our two are similar age to yours (nearly 6 - girl, and 8 - boy)

PPS.. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
Old Jan 1st 2006, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nicola,

Sorry to hear your step-mum is having a set-back, as you have previously said, she has done so well responding to everything, and she has had a lot thrown at her in a short time, so fingers crossed this will be a short spell in hospital for her and she will rally round.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Smile Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Happy New Year 163'ers!!!!

Hope you are all having an exciting start to 2006! (Even if you are hung over!!!).

Hi Foxychic! Glad to hear that you are moving forward with things, and all the best for Nathans Dad! My step mum was re-admitted to hospital on Boxing Day, very poorly again, having had the op., chemo, radio, she is totally exhausted of the whole thing, but she is very very strong, so we are just hoping she will continue to fight! Keep us posted your end with all your plans. Good luck!

Hi Chrissy! You too! And hope everyone's dreams come true for this year!

Hi Stumpy We loved Sorrento, Hilarys etc when we went for our reckie last year (er... year before now! ), what business are you in? We used an Agent for our visa application, but it really slowed down the process, and I think, unless your application is very complicated, you can probably do it yourselves, with the help of the experience of the guys on this thread!! Good luck with your trip, and keep us posted with what areas are looking good at the moment!

Questions, answers, making friends, support - thats what we are all here for!

Nicola
x
(PS. our two are similar age to yours (nearly 6 - girl, and 8 - boy)

PPS.. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

We have a contract/commercial cleaning business at the moment, and will look to start up similar sort of thing in Oz. Not really sure where we're looking to end up, maybe south of the river. Once we've been over we'll have a bit more of an idea where we will be based (hopefully!)

Happy New Year to everyone!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:29 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

P.P.S We've bought a boat too!! Don;t get it until early Jan though! Live the dream eh??
Hey Jules,

Glad to read that things are working out for you guys

I was particularly impressed that you've sorted a boat already... I'm getting serious withdrawal symptoms having not wakeboarded for months... so I'll be sucking up to anyone with a boat by the time we arrive

Have you made any plans re business yet, or are you just finding your feet?

We'll see you for a in six weeks.

ATB,
Rogue & Co.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.