business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:39 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Don't think I posted this but we had a wikkid Christmas pressie !!! We got our Visa Granted on Friday!!!!!! Yipppeeee!!!!!! Talk about good timing!!
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
Awesome timing..!! Well done The Vallies..!!

All the best, and see ya soon, the Rogues x
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:44 pm
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BM615
Christmas Day in WA was about 28 degrees, very pleasant - no snow or fog or rain.

Sitting by the pool we could smell the bbq'd prawns and breakfasts drifting across - we'll have to do it that way next year!!
Oh yes... keep dangling that carrot..!! We're so close we can smell the barbie..!!

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hope you all had a good Christmas.We had a lovely time on the beach. We got there at 7.00am to find it pretty busy, but we mananged to find a lovely spot, near the BBQ and over looking a beautiful bay in Caloundra. We cooked up a great breakfast and were in the sea by 8.30am.
Where's the piccies Sheila..? We absolutely love Caloundra... we've had many Sunday breakfasts on the BBQs there overlooking the beach.

Cheers all,
Rogue x
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:46 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by julesandco
....$600 mobile telephone bill in 2 weeks!!!!
:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:49 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by foxychic
Our decision is made - the situation with Nathan's dad looks to be improving, but we have realised that we could wait around for a long time, so, we are going! well just as soon as everything sells anyway, but this week is going to involve approaching possible interested parties about buying our business then advertising it if no joy, so we are moving forward at last.
That's great news Foxy... things go a lot smoother once that decision is made.

Good luck with it all.

ATB,
RT & Co.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:57 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by Boogie65
I've got high hopes for this New Year - I'm sure everything's going to start moving along quickly for us once everyone gets back to work and into the swing of things - fingers crossed

Best wishes to all for a great 2006

Chrissy
Couldn't agree more Chrissy.
All the best with your plans..!!

The Rogues x
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:02 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi everyone!
it's been ages since i posted on here!
We're going out to Perth in 4 weeks to do our reccie trip...can't wait!
We're hoping to apply for sponsorship next August once we've got our 2 years turnover. Any suugestions on what order we should do things?.....We also need a business plan sorted, did anybody get it done in Perth? Is it a better idea to meet up with somebody in Oz? or did you do it by yourselves in the UK?......

sorry for all the questions, but we're right at the beginining of the whole process and don't know where to start!!!!!

there's me, hubby and 2 boys Alex & Oliver aged 5 & 7. We're coming out on 3rd Feb with friends who are also looking to emigrate. We're staying in Sorrento and plan to have a good look round and try to work out where would be best for us to start our business.
Wow... Mrs Stumpy... long time no see..!! How you doing..?
Glad to see you're still heading in the direction of your dreams.

A quick answer to your question: we did the visa application (inc sponsorship) ourselves... there are a few on here who went DIY and a few who used agents. If you want to meet up with an agent whilst in Perth, I'm sure there are 2 or 3 who could recommend one for you.

Enjoy your time down-under and let us know how you get on.

All the best,
Rogue
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:05 pm
Aussie Citizen

Well, that's me up to date now... I'm off to bed. All that remains is to say...
Happy new year to all 163'ers (and 160'ers and 164'ers) wherever you are

God bless you all,
Craig & Sarah x
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Oh yes... keep dangling that carrot..!! We're so close we can smell the barbie..!!

Where's the piccies Sheila..? We absolutely love Caloundra... we've had many Sunday breakfasts on the BBQs there overlooking the beach.

Cheers all,
Rogue x
Hi Guys

Happy New Year to you all and I hope all your dreams come true in 2006.

We've had a really busy week here and I'm exhausted.(not used to having to work!!)

I finally heard from the local Council and unfortunately I did not get the job. They were very diplomatic and said that I had done really well but others had done a bit better. I was really disappointed at the time but with the New Year I'm determined to find a job that I want to do.

We had a good New Years Eve at Wet and Wild on the Gold Coast. They made it really special for the kids and brought forward New Year to 9.00pm.There a 'dive in movie' and loads of hooters, balloons and a great firework display.My youngest fell asleep during the film and only woke up at the end of the fireworks! but he still had a great day. The others thought it was great to go on all the rides in the dark.

Our stuff finally arrived last week and I must say its great to have all our personal things back. It makes the house feel like home with all our family piccs etc. Although we are still in dispute with PSS over the storage charge I have to say that they gave a great service.They unpacked everything for us, put the furniture, beds ,tables, sofas and bikes all back together and made our life much easier. Nothing was broken or damaged and everything looked fine. For your information. nothing had been opened by quarantine so I needn't have worried about all that cleaning!! Still, you don't know what will happen,you hear so many stories.

We are off on holiday on Friday to Yepoon on the Barrier Reef. Holiday!! I can hear you all say, yes our friends booked it for us in September before we left the uk and it sounded like a good idea at the time.We shouldn't really go with the work situation but as it is the holiday period here I don't think we will miss that much.

Anyway, I will let you know how we get on next week.

Best wishes to you all

Sheila xx

PS Nicola, sorry to hear about your Mother in law , my thoughts to you all.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
I finally heard from the local Council and unfortunately I did not get the job. They were very diplomatic and said that I had done really well but others had done a bit better. I was really disappointed at the time but with the New Year I'm determined to find a job that I want to do.

We had a good New Years Eve at Wet and Wild on the Gold Coast. They made it really special for the kids and brought forward New Year to 9.00pm.There a 'dive in movie' and loads of hooters, balloons and a great firework display.My youngest fell asleep during the film and only woke up at the end of the fireworks! but he still had a great day. The others thought it was great to go on all the rides in the dark.

Our stuff finally arrived last week and I must say its great to have all our personal things back. It makes the house feel like home with all our family piccs etc. Although we are still in dispute with PSS over the storage charge I have to say that they gave a great service.They unpacked everything for us, put the furniture, beds ,tables, sofas and bikes all back together and made our life much easier. Nothing was broken or damaged and everything looked fine. For your information. nothing had been opened by quarantine so I needn't have worried about all that cleaning!! Still, you don't know what will happen,you hear so many stories.

We are off on holiday on Friday to Yepoon on the Barrier Reef. Holiday!! I can hear you all say, yes our friends booked it for us in September before we left the uk and it sounded like a good idea at the time.We shouldn't really go with the work situation but as it is the holiday period here I don't think we will miss that much.
Hi Sheila

Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear you didn't get that job, it sounds like you came pretty close though so hopefully you'll have the next one in the bag.

Your New Year celebrations sound fabulous, I wondered what you'd be doing and it sounds like you started 2006 in style

Good news about your stuff - Stu wants to start getting quotes for our stuff so we will definitely get one from PSS (but make sure we check the small print!)

Off on holiday eh, and I didn't think living life in Paradise could get any better (it's set to get really cold here over the next few days so think of us won't you!) Have a brilliant time all of you.

Best wishes
Chrissy
x
Old Jan 4th 2006, 8:04 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of
Smile Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

I was particularly impressed that you've sorted a boat already... I'm getting serious withdrawal symptoms having not wakeboarded for months... so I'll be sucking up to anyone with a boat by the time we arrive

Have you made any plans re business yet, or are you just finding your feet?

We'll see you for a in six weeks.

ATB,
Rogue & Co.[/QUOTE]

Hey Rogue,

Just wondered if you had had a look at this web-site before:

http://www.boatsonline.com.au/mbs.asp

Might be useful if you are heading down to the Mandurah region!!!
I can just see you in the 'Outstanding Classic', second boat down!!

Cheers

Andrew
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:41 am
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Hey Rogue,

Just wondered if you had had a look at this web-site before:

http://www.boatsonline.com.au/mbs.asp

Might be useful if you are heading down to the Mandurah region!!!
I can just see you in the 'Outstanding Classic', second boat down!!

Cheers

Andrew
Oh, Andrew... you know me too well..!!
But I'd need two for my waterskiing - one for each foot..!!

What a great site though... cheers mate..! I owe you (another) one

Sooo... how's things progressing down in sunny Somerset..? You've got the visa in the bag, so what's happening with the buyers now? Here's hoping you'll be hot on our heels - we're looking forward to seeing y'all on the other side.

Cheers mate,
Rogue.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 3:25 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Our worldy goods were delivered today via PSS's Perth Agents; Kents. All went well - there were three of them; a young one who drank four bottles of beer and took two with him "for the drive home" (they were only here from 8 - 12!), a medium one who was deaf and took his hearing aid out, and one who was "just right" in the words of Goldilocks. Seriously, they were really lovely, helpful guys. Nothing was too much trouble. I think I surprised them as I didn't want them to unpack anything really and they left it all piled up in the lounge.

The only anomalies were that customs took our tent (£50 from Tesco and used twice) and confiscated three boxes of Xmas decs. They have offered to clean/treat them, but for $150, it's not worth it. I don't know what the problem was with the decs - certainly no pine cones or anything real - we are an "artificial" family on all counts!

The 'treatment' for the decs was 8 hours in a high temperature environment - don't they know how hot fairy lights get? We did OK though - there was more stuff they could have pulled if they felt the need - there's a lot to be said for having your container checked the first day back after the New Year break!

In true "if you can't beat them, join them" attitude - see our photo of the container. Only a baby one, but it was well stuffed! It is slowly sinking in now that this is a permanent move - amazing what sitting on your own sofa does as a wake up call.

Take care,

Jules

P.S. Brian - got the day wrong for PJ&B coming round for the BBQ (doh!), but have spoken with them, who are contacting Bengy (Hi Bengy!) and we will be back to you shortly!!
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-our-worldly-goods-delivered.jpg  
Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:07 pm
Aussie Citizen

In true "if you can't beat them, join them" attitude - see our photo of the container. Only a baby one, but it was well stuffed! It is slowly sinking in now that this is a permanent move - amazing what sitting on your own sofa does as a wake up call.
Sounds good Jules... but that photo looks a bit bleak... all those clouds in the sky. You must be gutted - going all that way and having to endure such waether..!!

P.S. Brian - got the day wrong for PJ&B coming round for the BBQ (doh!), but have spoken with them, who are contacting Bengy (Hi Bengy!) and we will be back to you shortly!!
Now you're just rubbing it in..!! We really feel like we're missing out now..!!
Keep the BBQ hot and the beers cold (if the Kent's guy left any) we'll be there soon..!!

See ya,
Rogue & Co x
Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:42 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Oh, Andrew... you know me too well..!!
But I'd need two for my waterskiing - one for each foot..!! What a great site though... cheers mate..! I owe you (another) one

Sooo... how's things progressing down in sunny Somerset..? You've got the visa in the bag, so what's happening with the buyers now? Here's hoping you'll be hot on our heels - we're looking forward to seeing y'all on the other side.

Cheers mate,
Rogue.
Tehehe, cool eh?

Things are progressing, albeit slowly. We have all but given up on our buyers, they have not contacted our agent for about 4 weeks now, and our agent has been chasing and chasing them.

There is another (really nice) buyer who is dead keen, but has a peice of land to sell (here's hoping land is easier to sell than a house or business - gulp!), but also had a viewing today, and another tomorrow. Also, our agent said there is a real shortage of hotels on the market at the mo, so that may help?

Hope all your plans are going nice and smoothly! Your house must be bubbling with excitment at the moment!!!

Nicola
x
Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:50 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

Hi all,

Our worldy goods were delivered today via PSS's Perth Agents; Kents. All went well - there were three of them; a young one who drank four bottles of beer and took two with him "for the drive home" (they were only here from 8 - 12!), a medium one who was deaf and took his hearing aid out, and one who was "just right" in the words of Goldilocks. Seriously, they were really lovely, helpful guys. Nothing was too much trouble. I think I surprised them as I didn't want them to unpack anything really and they left it all piled up in the lounge.

Take care,

Jules

!!
Hi Jules, congrats on getting your stuff home safe and sound! How exciting! Strange about the Xmas decs though, do they say whats wrong with them? You cant really clean your decs before you pack them.

Love the piccy!!!

How do you find living in Secret Harbour, its one place we will look at when we move over - I have heard its a lovely area.

Happy unpacking!

Nicola
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.