business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Jul 10th 2006, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Since 18/10/06 beautiful Halls Head, Mandurah, WA previously Woking, Surrey
clevehurst is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Pasha
Hey Kim,

I'm glad you enjoyed reading about our first week in. I know that we always appreciated reading about peoples' first few weeks in Australia - as it always seemed rev us up during that waiting period.

Don't worry about the emotions - they are all natural. We wouldn't be human if we didn't experience the vast range of emotions that come with embarking on a move of this magnitude. It happened to us also - which is when we reminded ourselves that this was an opportunity of a lifetime. If we didn't try it (for atleast 5 years - and atleast until we got our PR) we'd regret it for the rest of our lives. When a person thinks along those lines (that nothing is forever), it doesn't seem so bad. My uncle has been here for over 30 years now - even though it was never his intention to stay for the rest of his life.

Our house sale actually fell through at the last minute. As such, we are now here in Australia - and still waiting for it to sell. Yes - it was a let-down, but we didn't want it to keep us from getting on that airplane. So - we maintain contact with our realtor - hoping that it sells soon.

Living instead of existing.......it seems like we're still in that mode. We, like you, were feeling that way for the longest time while still in Canada (prior to leaving). Now that we're here, we're still feeling it - as now we just can't wait to get moved into our new home, begin our new business, establish our new routines, etc. As such, depending on the individual, that feeling may last a little longer. No worries though.....there is a light at the end of the beautiful tunnel for all of us!!!

Our little baby Boston Terrier is currently at the Byford Quarantine. We get to take her home on the 29th.....so we have been counting down the days!!! We visit her at least 3 times a week (but try for more), and she is doing great!!! We miss her more than you can imagine, and she screams and the top of her lungs when we have to leave her, but I couldn't have imagined NOT bringing her. She's the love of my life - and as much as I hate to admit it, I think I love her more than most people!!! That sounds terrible......but she is so loyal, affectionate, tender, etc. I couldn't imagine being any less loyal to her than she is to us.

Everyone always says that the animals are much more resiliant than we give them credit for. I think that may just be the case. You have to do what feels right for you, based on your circumstances. I trust you will make the right decision.

We're just now emarking on looking for some short-term accomodation until our home is ready to move into - and have found that, yes, having a dog seems to be limiting our selection somewhat. But - there certainly are places that allow animals. Perhaps it just takes a bit longer to find the right place.

We completed understand all the emotions!!! This type of move isn't for the faint of heart!!! I think it takes a special type of personality to have the guts to go for it!!!

I have so much admiration and respect for everyone that's gone through, or is going through, this journey!!!

Cheers!!!

Sincerest Regards,

Pasha
Pasha,

Thanks for your lovely message. I know that we are doing the right thing by moving to WA, I have never doubted it for a moment. It is financial and emotional suicide though! (Especially when you have a successful business at home that you are not even selling but just handing it over to my brother). Even when I'm really feeling anxious about whether the house sale will go through or not this time, I still know that I am doing the right thing - it's almost like having no choice and feeling this unexplicable magnetic pull to do what you are doing. As much as you know you are leaving loved ones and a successful life in the UK, it's like a mosquito being drawn towards the lightbulb!

The trouble is we are so impatient and want it NOW!!!

Have you managed to look into pet insurance yet? I would be interested if you get any contacts that maybe I could e-mail for a quote.

Take care,
Kindest wishes to you and yours
Kim x
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by clevehurst
Pasha,

Thanks for your lovely message. I know that we are doing the right thing by moving to WA, I have never doubted it for a moment. It is financial and emotional suicide though! (Especially when you have a successful business at home that you are not even selling but just handing it over to my brother). Even when I'm really feeling anxious about whether the house sale will go through or not this time, I still know that I am doing the right thing - it's almost like having no choice and feeling this unexplicable magnetic pull to do what you are doing. As much as you know you are leaving loved ones and a successful life in the UK, it's like a mosquito being drawn towards the lightbulb!

The trouble is we are so impatient and want it NOW!!!

Have you managed to look into pet insurance yet? I would be interested if you get any contacts that maybe I could e-mail for a quote.

Take care,
Kindest wishes to you and yours
Kim x
Kim,

Yes - once again, I completely understand your comments. I've said it before on this message board - that ever since my first visit to Australia (15 years ago), I've felt a 'soul connection' to this place!!! When I reluctantly returned to Canada, I knew it would be my mission to return one day!!! It's impossible to resist some of those little inexplicable magnetic pulls that one experiences in life. Perhaps that's the universe's way of telling us that it's our destiny - to listen to those nudges!!!

The impatience is the most difficult part!!! I think we've all been there!!!

Pet Insurance - was not sure that it was available - as it's not a common thing in Canada. Perhaps this is something we shall look into. If I find out any information on this, I shall post it on this board.

Sincere Regards,

Pasha
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Since 18/10/06 beautiful Halls Head, Mandurah, WA previously Woking, Surrey

Hi Jules & Everyone!

Wondered if you could share your experiences about the situation with credit ratings etc. when you arrive in Aus.

For example can banks or say, mobile companies etc. go by your credit ratings in the UK (if you stay within say HSBC bank from UK to Aus or you stick with Vodafone for example).

Are people like us (163'ers) even mortgageable and credit worthy or does everything have to be paid for without credit?? (That will be a new experience!!)

I'd be grateful to hear other folks experiences too as I just don't know what to expect.

Many thanks and kindest wishes,
Kim
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clevehurst
Hi Jules & Everyone!

Wondered if you could share your experiences about the situation with credit ratings etc. when you arrive in Aus.

For example can banks or say, mobile companies etc. go by your credit ratings in the UK (if you stay within say HSBC bank from UK to Aus or you stick with Vodafone for example).

Are people like us (163'ers) even mortgageable and credit worthy or does everything have to be paid for without credit?? (That will be a new experience!!)

I'd be grateful to hear other folks experiences too as I just don't know what to expect.

Many thanks and kindest wishes,
Kim
Hello Kim,

As you know, we've been here for 2 weeks now. During our first week here, we met with a few different bank managers - with each of them providing essentially the same information.

Based on our circumstances (new in Australia with absolutely no Aussie credit history, no jobs or businesses yet, but a little bit of money) - we were advised to pay cash for our home, as we could then borrow against our home in the event that we need future loans for businesses, etc. As such, we've done just that. We purchased our first vehicle, and our first home outright. We actually didn't even qualify for visas yet, but managed to establish a wonderful relationship with our financial advisor at the bank - who managed to wrangle us a few visas - so we can begin slowly establishing our Aussie credit rating (making small purchases - paying off visa). Since purchasing our home, this conversation has come up again with our new Aussie accountant, and broker - whom have also confirmed that this is the most adviseable way to have done things.

Now - this is just what we've done. This is not to say that it's the 'be all - end all' way of doing things - but we feel that it's worked wonderfully for us so far. Perhaps others will have different ideas and opinions - which would be great to hear about. The one thing that we like about having purchased our home outright is that during the next few weeks (months), as we're waiting for our business interests to take form, we shall not have to worry about making mortgage or vehicle payments. It has provided us with a relatively secure feeling during this time.

I hope this provides a few answers to your concerns. We had the exact same questions prior to coming over.

Sincerest Regards,

Pasha
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Just got some new photos from our agent, for those interested. We go over in two weeks to close on the sale, so it will be finished by then.
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-p7060178.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-p7060180.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-p7060181.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-p7060190.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-p7060183.jpg  

Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Question Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by wildmark
Just got some new photos from our agent, for those interested. We go over in two weeks to close on the sale, so it will be finished by then.

Hi, looks great!
I bet you are so excited.......I notice you're going to Brisbane...what made you choose there? As I understand it, it's more difficult going to Queensland on a 163? how did you find it? We're planning on WA purely because it seems easier..ie, business plan doesn't have to be quite so detailed etc....am I correct or have I got it totally wrong!!!

Also how have you managed to get a house built without actually being there?
so for all the questions or if I've got details muddled, I do read through the post but I may have missed something!

Becky (stumpysean....is my hubby!)
Old Jul 13th 2006, 11:23 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stumpysean
...........but I may have missed something!

You have...... they're off to Florida now!

Their company got bought out I think (sorry if I'm getting this wrong, Mark) and the buying company made them an offer they couldn't refuse!

Does look fab though Mark and a really quick build - our builders are due to go to site next month (if they ever stop contacting us with charges that they 'forgot to quote us for' - like $7k to get the TV's working in the kids rooms!!!!)

You must be excited now! Good luck with everything on the trip over to finalise everything. Say Hi to my mate with the big ears (no NOT Rogue!).

Jules x
Old Jul 14th 2006, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi, looks great!
I bet you are so excited.......I notice you're going to Brisbane...what made you choose there? As I understand it, it's more difficult going to Queensland on a 163? how did you find it? We're planning on WA purely because it seems easier..ie, business plan doesn't have to be quite so detailed etc....am I correct or have I got it totally wrong!!!

Also how have you managed to get a house built without actually being there?
so for all the questions or if I've got details muddled, I do read through the post but I may have missed something!

Yes, as said were now going to Florida, I tried to change my avatar text but could not find out where...any suggestions anyone?
Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Mark, looks wonderful, bet you are so excited. Just one thing - not too sure you have enough power points in the kitchen area!

rachel
Old Jul 14th 2006, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by foxychic
Mark, looks wonderful, bet you are so excited. Just one thing - not too sure you have enough power points in the kitchen area!

rachel
Thanks Rachel,

Yes we noticed that as well...can't fault them for that eh?

Mark
Old Jul 15th 2006, 7:43 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Thanks Rachel,

Yes we noticed that as well...can't fault them for that eh?

Mark

cool piccies Mark, will have a go now with a piccy of our latest arrival!!
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-dsc01442.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-dsc01431.jpg  
Old Jul 15th 2006, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the piccies folks

At last we have our visa got the e-mail yesterday! Just got to exchange contracts on the house then we can book flights. Can't wait now . Think we will make it a holiday and stop off for a few days here and there on route as we haven't been away for a proper break together since new year- also gives time for furniture etc to catch up so we don't have to wait too long for it.

Adelaide hills here we come!!!
Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:56 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Thanks for the piccies folks

At last we have our visa got the e-mail yesterday! Just got to exchange contracts on the house then we can book flights. Can't wait now . Think we will make it a holiday and stop off for a few days here and there on route as we haven't been away for a proper break together since new year- also gives time for furniture etc to catch up so we don't have to wait too long for it.

Adelaide hills here we come!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Well done on tackling that hurdle, good luck with the many that will follow!

Have a few drinks and celebrate!

Love and best wishes!

Jules x
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:19 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Ok. hope this works!

A couple more piccies from yesterday....

Our road, our house, our other dog on the doggy beach.

I will try and get some more of the local parks when I get chance, I am still new at this larky.

ATB

Nicola
x
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-dsc01453.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-dsc01456.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-dsc01455.jpg  
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,

Can you tell me what happens about your UK driving licence? Do you have to take a driving test after a certain number of months or do they just give you an Aussie licence?

Thank you!
Kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.