business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Don't be bitter, Chrissy - it is not your agent's fault when processing timelines lengthen without notice and employers decide to relocate.
Did I sound bitter Alan? If you read my post I said it wasn't the Agents fault about timescales lengthening and I said it wasn't the Agents fault that the employer decided to relocate didn't I?

Also, subclass 163 is technically not a qualifying visa for an onshore subclass 857 RSMS application, although some case officers might not pick up on this issue. I am aware of one officer in another DIAC Business Centre who didn't a year or so ago.
Sounds like Sheila was lucky then - good for her

As to medicals and a subclass 892 application, there is a requirement in the legislation that the applicant (and members of the family unit) satisfy a health requirement, which usually requires a medical examination. If case officers are waiving that requirement - fantastic - but so far as I know there is no policy that states that medicals shall not be required from s/c 892 visa applicants.
Like I also said then, not necessarily a need to have medicals - hopefully luck will be in our side on this point when the time comes

Chrissy
Old Oct 29th 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BM615
I really don't understand how they managed to avoid new medicals - basically they are only valid for a year and we need 2 years figures and then we apply for a new visa which requires a valid medical. Lucky people then.

good luck with your business PR application Chrissy. As you are doing it yourself - remember to include extra things like supporting stat decs from suppliers or customers or employees - it all adds weight.

cheers

Bryan & Joyce
Thanks Bryan & Joyce, that's a good idea about getting references from employees etc.

We'll wait until and if we're asked to do medicals, but will keep fingers crossed we get lucky

Meantime, good luck with your application too. Hopefully you'll be celebrating soon.

Cheers
Chrissy

Last edited by Boogie65; Oct 29th 2008 at 9:41 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:17 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boogie65
Thanks Bryan & Joyce, that's a good idea about getting references from employees etc.

We'll wait until and if we're asked to do medicals, but will keep fingers crossed we get lucky

Meantime, good luck with your application too. Hopefully you'll be celebrating soon.

Cheers
Chrissy
You shouldn't need new meds on a State Sponsored 892:

Health requirements. Please provide:

• results of a medical examination, undertaken by you and each member of your family unit, whether applying or not, using form 26 Medical Examination for an Australian visa. The examination must be for permanent entry and include an HIV/AIDs test for each person aged 15 years and older; and

• results of a chest x-ray examination, undertaken by you and each member of your family unit aged 11 years and over, whether applying or not, using form 160 Radiologist report on chest x-ray of an applicant for an Australian visa. See: Health requirements

Medical and x-ray examinations undertaken in Australia must be undertaken at Health Services Australia. Examinations undertaken outside Australia must be undertaken by a listed Immigration Panel Doctor. See: Health Services Australia Immigration Panel Doctor

Provisional Business Skills visa holders will generally not be required to undertake a medical and chest x-ray examination unless one of the following applies:

• you have spent more than 3 months since grant of your provisional visa in a country of very high risk for tuberculosis, or more than 12 months in a country of high risk for tuberculosis. A list of countries considered high or very high risk is available. See: Form 1163i Health requirement for temporary entry to Australia the decision maker considers a new health examination is required given current or previous health conditions

See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/busin...-checklist.pdf

Jules x
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by julesandco
You shouldn't need new meds on a State Sponsored 892:

Health requirements. Please provide:

• results of a medical examination, undertaken by you and each member of your family unit, whether applying or not, using form 26 Medical Examination for an Australian visa. The examination must be for permanent entry and include an HIV/AIDs test for each person aged 15 years and older; and

• results of a chest x-ray examination, undertaken by you and each member of your family unit aged 11 years and over, whether applying or not, using form 160 Radiologist report on chest x-ray of an applicant for an Australian visa. See: Health requirements

Medical and x-ray examinations undertaken in Australia must be undertaken at Health Services Australia. Examinations undertaken outside Australia must be undertaken by a listed Immigration Panel Doctor. See: Health Services Australia Immigration Panel Doctor

Provisional Business Skills visa holders will generally not be required to undertake a medical and chest x-ray examination unless one of the following applies:

• you have spent more than 3 months since grant of your provisional visa in a country of very high risk for tuberculosis, or more than 12 months in a country of high risk for tuberculosis. A list of countries considered high or very high risk is available. See: Form 1163i Health requirement for temporary entry to Australia the decision maker considers a new health examination is required given current or previous health conditions

See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/busin...-checklist.pdf

Jules x
Nice one Jules! I even printed that Checklist but I've been concentrating so much on the documents required for the State Sponsorship first and hadn't even registered that part! Good news

How's things going for you?

Best wishes
Chrissy
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Eureka - our Immigration Lawyer called today and told us our PR had been approved.

Happy days

Bryan & Joyce
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Eureka - our Immigration Lawyer called today and told us our PR had been approved.

Happy days

Bryan & Joyce
Happy Days indeed! Congratulations Bryan & Joyce you must be absolutely thrilled to bits Well done!

Best wishes
Chrissy
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Goldie b is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Congrats Bryan
Great news and gud luck for future.
All the best
Goldie
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Irish John is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got our 163 granted today.. that's pretty good, we applied in July. So I've booked the one way flight, we're off on Feb. 3rd.

I'm going to start a new business when I get there and want to start working on it now before I go. Any tips on what agencies to contact regarding advice, networking, finance, etc etc??
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:13 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Happy days

Bryan & Joyce
Well done - that's EXCELLENT news

We're taking our application into Perth today It's our three year anniversary *to the day* of arriving. I don't think our decision will be as quick as yours as I've probably not put something in

Congratulations

Hope we won't be that far behind you.

Jules x
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Irish John
Just got our 163 granted today.. that's pretty good, we applied in July. So I've booked the one way flight, we're off on Feb. 3rd.

I'm going to start a new business when I get there and want to start working on it now before I go. Any tips on what agencies to contact regarding advice, networking, finance, etc etc??
Congratulations and good luck with the business

bryan
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by julesandco
Well done - that's EXCELLENT news

We're taking our application into Perth today It's our three year anniversary *to the day* of arriving. I don't think our decision will be as quick as yours as I've probably not put something in

Congratulations

Hope we won't be that far behind you.

Jules x
Good luck Jules - we had a request for further information - I think it's pretty standard.

If you need to discuss just call or email

cheers

Bryan & Joyce
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

ottg will become famous soon enough

Hi Irish John, What kind of business do you intent to start?
Old Nov 30th 2008, 8:01 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The links here might be of interest:
http://www.business-sa.com/Links.aspx?p=38

Feel able to contact me directly (email or Private Message - or telephone via my office in Melbourne) if you think you may need help setting up your business (business structure, etc) and/or ongoing compliance (payroll, quarterly returns, year end accounts, etc).

Best regards.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Irish John is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ottg
Hi Irish John, What kind of business do you intent to start?
I want to start a mobile web development company but I also have a lot of experience in property so would also look at that but with the present market I don't think property is a good idea.

Thanks for that site address Alan, might be in touch when getting things off the ground.

John
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

ottg will become famous soon enough

I want to start a mobile web development company but I also have a lot of experience in property so would also look at that but with the present market I don't think property is a good idea.

Thanks for that site address Alan, might be in touch when getting things off the ground.

John
Hi Irish John, I am not sure if you mentioned where, but if you need contact details of a person in Perth, who also started a web development business, then please let me now! He may be able to tell you something about the local market and share information!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.