business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Irish John
I want to start a mobile web development company but I also have a lot of experience in property so would also look at that but with the present market I don't think property is a good idea.

Thanks for that site address Alan, might be in touch when getting things off the ground.

John
Hi John

so many people think they can make property development their business - but you can't count any property development towards achieving the criteria for PR. So you need to think of other business to achieve the main goal.

good luck

Bryan
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Irish John is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ottg
Hi Irish John, I am not sure if you mentioned where, but if you need contact details of a person in Perth, who also started a web development business, then please let me now! He may be able to tell you something about the local market and share information!
Thanks Ottg, that would be a great help. I'm opening in Adelaide, hopefully in Feb 09.

John
Old Dec 12th 2008, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Well, looks like I will be checking and contributing more to this thread...were looking to move from here (Tampa, Florida) to Brisbane!!!!

Reasons???

1. Our reasons for moving to Florida were for a better work/life balance, the reality as anyone who knows... in Florida they work much MUCH more hours, all we seem to do is work and have much less time for personal living, thats partly because I'm partners in a business and were building it up biut apart from that the norm here is to not have holidays...work work work!
2. This is no country to get old/sick, we pay almost $900 per month to cover our family and I still have to pay deductables. I thought I had broken my ankle playing soccer and went to the hospital, turned up, had a exray got told it was a nastly sprain and got sent home, three days later a bill for $2,000 turned up, the amount I had to pay was half...and thats even with paying almost $12k per year for a health plan.
3. College, our oldest child is going to Uni in the summer and he will be living on campus and his fees in the first year are $58,000, Ok I expect it to be expensive he's going to Embry Riddle in Daytona Beach taking aeronatical science, with the idea of becoming a pilot.

There are a few other smaller reasons but the bottom line is we still have the urge to move to Oz so now is the time.

The plan is to apply for the visa and hopefully this time next year we will know when it needs to be validated, timing is a little in the air as the housing market over here is in the crapper and I would lose money on the house if I sold now so that needs to get a little better, were thinking two years from now!

We will have our US greed cards by May 2009 so if things in Oz don't pan out we will be back to Florida, WE DO NOT want to move back to the UK.

So there you go...anyone of the guys on here from the old days????
Old Dec 12th 2008, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BM615
Hi John

so many people think they can make property development their business - but you can't count any property development towards achieving the criteria for PR. So you need to think of other business to achieve the main goal.

good luck

Bryan
Bryan,

thanks for that info.. I didn't realise, I'll look that up.. However I assume that means the value of the development cannot count as opposed to a construction company with assets and staff etc. I know you need a licence to be in that sector too.

John.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wildmark
Well, looks like I will be checking and contributing more to this thread...were looking to move from here (Tampa, Florida) to Brisbane!!!!

Reasons???

1. Our reasons for moving to Florida were for a better work/life balance, the reality as anyone who knows... in Florida they work much MUCH more hours, all we seem to do is work and have much less time for personal living, thats partly because I'm partners in a business and were building it up biut apart from that the norm here is to not have holidays...work work work!
2. This is no country to get old/sick, we pay almost $900 per month to cover our family and I still have to pay deductables. I thought I had broken my ankle playing soccer and went to the hospital, turned up, had a exray got told it was a nastly sprain and got sent home, three days later a bill for $2,000 turned up, the amount I had to pay was half...and thats even with paying almost $12k per year for a health plan.
3. College, our oldest child is going to Uni in the summer and he will be living on campus and his fees in the first year are $58,000, Ok I expect it to be expensive he's going to Embry Riddle in Daytona Beach taking aeronatical science, with the idea of becoming a pilot.

There are a few other smaller reasons but the bottom line is we still have the urge to move to Oz so now is the time.

The plan is to apply for the visa and hopefully this time next year we will know when it needs to be validated, timing is a little in the air as the housing market over here is in the crapper and I would lose money on the house if I sold now so that needs to get a little better, were thinking two years from now!

We will have our US greed cards by May 2009 so if things in Oz don't pan out we will be back to Florida, WE DO NOT want to move back to the UK.

Hey Mark,

sorry to hear that it hasn't worked out in Florida. You must love the humid weather if your going from Florida to brissie!!

It's all slowing down here as well - although we might not be as badly hit as UK/USA.

Good luck with the house sale & the visa application.

cheers

Bryan
Old Dec 12th 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Bryan,

thanks for that info.. I didn't realise, I'll look that up.. However I assume that means the value of the development cannot count as opposed to a construction company with assets and staff etc. I know you need a licence to be in that sector too.

John.
Not too sure on that one John,

I would assume that could be treated like any other business then.

cheers

Bryan
Old Dec 13th 2008, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wildmark

Reasons???

Wow... what a big decision, hope it all goes well mate!
Interestingly we thought long and hard about going to florida before we settled on Australia. We have always loved the place but the thing that put us off the most was the lack of a pathway to PR through the business visa system.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Hey Mark,

sorry to hear that it hasn't worked out in Florida. You must love the humid weather if your going from Florida to brissie!!

It's all slowing down here as well - although we might not be as badly hit as UK/USA.

Good luck with the house sale & the visa application.

cheers

Bryan
Hi Bryan,

It's not a case of it not working out here, its more a case of..I think we would be better off in Oz.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

ottg will become famous soon enough

Bryan,

John.
Hi John, Don't know if you have already tried the Master Builders Association. They should be able to advice on the certification you need.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ottg
Hi John, Don't know if you have already tried the Master Builders Association. They should be able to advice on the certification you need.
Good idea, cheers
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by julesandco
Well done - that's EXCELLENT news

We're taking our application into Perth today It's our three year anniversary *to the day* of arriving. I don't think our decision will be as quick as yours as I've probably not put something in

Congratulations

Hope we won't be that far behind you.

Jules x

Happy New Year guys.

Any news on your application Jules?

Bryan & Joyce
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:36 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year guys.

Any news on your application Jules?

Bryan & Joyce
Happy New Years (as they say in Oz).

We're having a long and meaningful realtionship with our case officer!!

He's asked for loads of info, but we're plowing through it all. We've got until the end of the month to get him all the info and it's all on schedule (touch wood!). Our application is being processed in Adelaide (don't know if that was the same for yours - it's a recent alteration).

I like the way we hand delivered the application in Perth on the 26th November and the money was debited on the 27th!!

When are you able to apply for citzenship? It's not long is it?

Good luck with everything, Wildmark As you know though, I think you're mad

Keep posting everyone!

Jules x
Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

He's asked for loads of info, but we're plowing through it all. We've got until the end of the month to get him all the info and it's all on schedule (touch wood!). Our application is being processed in Adelaide (don't know if that was the same for yours - it's a recent alteration).

I like the way we hand delivered the application in Perth on the 26th November and the money was debited on the 27th!!

Keep posting everyone!

Jules x
Adelaide - that's weird - ours was all handled in Perth. Maybe that's because we used a Perth Lawyer?

Good luck - and remember - more is definitely more to a Case Officer.

Bryan & Joyce
Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:52 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Adelaide - that's weird - ours was all handled in Perth. Maybe that's because we used a Perth Lawyer?

Good luck - and remember - more is definitely more to a Case Officer.

Bryan & Joyce
No, apparently they have recently (i.e. November 1st) moved all business skills processing to Adelaide.

Never mind, I haven't so much gained a case officer as made a friend for life on the Xmas list; I feel like he knows so much about our family! If he asks for any more I think it'll be a kidney

At lease he emails us and acknowledges things quickly - that's a bonus.

I really like him (just incase - you never can tell who lurks

How's life? Treating you well?

We're away tomorrow for a week up north - taking in Geraldton, Kalbarri and Monkey Mia. If it's anywhere near as beautiful as down south, I'll be a happy bunny!

Jules x
Old Jan 8th 2009, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Keep posting everyone!

Jules x

I must be mad!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.