business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Jul 21st 2008, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Di and Phil is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi I hope someone can help. I haven't written here for a long time as things have been going really great, but I was hoping someone may be able to give me some advice.

We are currently here on my husbands 163 business visa and going into our second year. We were hoping to start our own building company which is what my husband was doing in the UK but due to the current climate we are going to hold off a bit.

My employer wants to sponsor me for PR but having spoken to my immigration agent she seems to think that they have taken the "Aged Care" skill off the demand list. Unfortunately she did not really have the answers and was going to find out more for me, i.e. can we change visas's anyway etc. etc. but that was 3 weeks ago. I have e-mailed again but no answers. Hence this e-mail.

If anyone can help, or know someone who could help me, great.

Thankyou, Di x
I have been to see my migration agent in Mandurah but unfortunately
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:03 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Di,

If you are in postcode 6211 you may be able to look at a permanent residency visa under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme:
http://www.immi.gov.au/employers/rsms_postcodes.htm

Note the eligible position requirements:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...sa-works.htm#d

Unlike the Employer Nomination Scheme the RSMS doesn't require occupations to be on the ENSOL - the key is likely to be ensuring the job description for the position matches a descriptor from the ASCO at the required skills level - in an occupation which your personal skills and experience also match up against.

Feel able to telephone us to discuss - maybe have a chat with my migratrion agent colleague Stephen Dickson via Perth number 08 9261 7762.

Best regards.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Ali on the move is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Di,

If you are in postcode 6211 you may be able to look at a permanent residency visa under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme:
http://www.immi.gov.au/employers/rsms_postcodes.htm

Note the eligible position requirements:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...sa-works.htm#d

Unlike the Employer Nomination Scheme the RSMS doesn't require occupations to be on the ENSOL - the key is likely to be ensuring the job description for the position matches a descriptor from the ASCO at the required skills level - in an occupation which your personal skills and experience also match up against.

Feel able to telephone us to discuss - maybe have a chat with my migratrion agent colleague Stephen Dickson via Perth number 08 9261 7762.

Best regards.
Hi - we are in the process of applying under a 164 visa - and would REALLY appreciate any advice from this wunderful group of people that have done it!
Would appreciate any guidance aound any potential pitfalls. Has anyone bought an existing business or franchise - would love to hear more!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 10:29 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ali on the move
Hi - we are in the process of applying under a 164 visa - and would REALLY appreciate any advice from this wunderful group of people that have done it!
Would appreciate any guidance aound any potential pitfalls. Has anyone bought an existing business or franchise - would love to hear more!
Hi Ali,

Sorry - can't be specific as we're on a 163 - just wanted to say 'welcome'

Where abouts are you headed? The majority of us are in WA, I think.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you some advice. How far along the process are you?

Take care,

Jules x
Old Jul 27th 2008, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by julesandco
Hi Ali,

Sorry - can't be specific as we're on a 163 - just wanted to say 'welcome'

Where abouts are you headed? The majority of us are in WA, I think.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you some advice. How far along the process are you?

Take care,

Jules x
Hi & thx fo rthe welcome!

We are heading to WA too - think its an ideal spot for a youn family - woudl love to hear more about the trials and tribulations of setting up a business - had a look at your bus website - v. impressive - would love to hear how you went about deciding whether to buy an exisiing bus or start from scratch?

Ali
Old Jul 27th 2008, 3:05 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

We are heading to WA too - think its an ideal spot for a youn family - woudl love to hear more about the trials and tribulations of setting up a business - had a look at your bus website - v. impressive - would love to hear how you went about deciding whether to buy an exisiing bus or start from scratch?

Ali
Hi Ali,

I'll send you a PM as it's all been said before on here - I think you can pick them up after 3 posts.

Jules x
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Ali
Hi Ali,

welcome to the biggest thread on the site. We came on a 164 visa 2 and a half years ago. But there really is little difference in practise. There are plenty of businesses around but the majority are overpriced because the owners know that visa holders have to find a business. Obviously buying a going concern is quicker and easier.

What sort of business will you be looking for?

Bryan & Joyce
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Goldie b is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bryan
Did you get my email
Regards
Goldie
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Goldie b
Hi Bryan
Did you get my email
Regards
Goldie

Hi Goldie,

have not received an email from you - but I've just noticed my home email I gave should have been .net.au
Old Jul 30th 2008, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steveyp
Good luck guys! you'll soon be as Australian as us..
Thanks Steve,

how is the new house??
Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BM615
Hi Ali,

welcome to the biggest thread on the site. We came on a 164 visa 2 and a half years ago. But there really is little difference in practise. There are plenty of businesses around but the majority are overpriced because the owners know that visa holders have to find a business. Obviously buying a going concern is quicker and easier.

What sort of business will you be looking for?

Bryan & Joyce
Solomon flooring is looking quite promising - do you know of them?
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BM615
Thanks Steve,

how is the new house??
Very nice thanks Brian, except for the leaky roof! Buyer beware in WA though!
Attached is a pic!
Steve
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-our-house.jpg  
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steveyp
Very nice thanks Brian, except for the leaky roof! Buyer beware in WA though!
Attached is a pic!
Steve
very smart mate
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Solomon flooring is looking quite promising - do you know of them?
sorry - never heard of them but I'll ask around
Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Irish John is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I'm Irish so excuse me butting into your forum..couldn't find an Irish one and this was just too good to resist!!

I've applied for my 163 in July and am now waiting patiently, albeit nervously. I've sent two emails to DIAC and not gotten any reply. Can you contact the person in charge or is that a no no. I've done the application myself rather than use an agent, good or a bad decision I'll soon find out.

I've got my 2 girls enrolled in a school in Adelaide and want to be there for the end of Jan to get them started.

What's the latest on processing times, anyone any idea?

I plan to buy a business when I get over there, any tips would be welcome? Has anyone tried to buy a company in receivership?

This is a great thread, I've spent hours over the past few days reading the back catalogue. I look forward to your comments.

Thanks

John.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.