business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Jamie Smith
Hi Mark

My understanding is it has to be no lower than third level on corporate chart, and there are specified levels of responsibilities in the migration regulations that must be met, ie you can't be third level on the chart and make the tea!

What apparently traps many people is they might be senior exec in large corporate, working in a division of the larger corporation eg Marketing Manager of BT Internet as subsidiary of BT, and because the subsidiary does not have it's own financial statements, separate Board, separate shareholdings etc, and does not operate independent of the parent, they are actually maybe fifth level down on BT org chart (that would need to include the subsidiaries).

That's just what I've picked up and is anecdotal, not proper advice per se.

Advice about whether or not someone could be defined as a Senior Exec should be taken from professional migration agents or DIAC.

(That was a paid party political broadcast.... we are not responsible....)

Cheers, I understand where your coming from.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 11:07 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone,

We have today been granted our 163 Business Visa, Australia here we come.

Paul and Lisa
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Laights
Hi everyone,

We have today been granted our 163 Business Visa, Australia here we come.

Paul and Lisa
I know that feeling...almost like winning the lottery!!!! well done
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

hellsbells10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PJ & B
found just a handful of threads about people applying for state sponsored 163 visa, most seem to be applying for skilled visas. Just wanted to know if there was anyone out there who has got this type of visa recently and how long it took from applying. We have already received our sponsorship and are now in the process of applying for our visa. Putting the house on the market when the kids go back to school. We were told to expect 6/9 months to get the visa. We really want to be in Oz by the end of this year as my oldest son is due to start secondary school in September and i would rather he ended his last year in primary school here and dont really want him to start one new school here and then after a few months have to take him out again to start another new school in Oz. Do we sound desperate to go or what........well we are... also has anyone been turned down for the visa, even though they have been sponsored? Thats another worry..Please help so i can get a good nights sleep.

B
we applied for state sponsorship in victoria - it was turned around in 2 days and then the main application 163 was acknowledged by the Perth Business Skills centre on 19th November 2007 and on 9th January 2008 our visa was granted! Very quick turnaround and we have Richard Gregan of OE visas(www.overseas-emigration.co.uk) to thank. He was helpful from the start - a straight talker (no bullshit) and will let you know whether you stand a fair chance or not.
Helen
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Just having a look around at visa options and such like. Just came across the 845 visa (still under business visa section) seems like a better bet than the assumed next step of 892 as the qualifying time is 6 months less. Must admit to having just scanned it, but it looks viable - anyone any thoughts?

Business here in SA slow going - bloody hard work to be honest I would have to say, that I really think this is quite a difficult visa option to take, and even when PR is gained, you are still not entitled to any centrelink etc help (not that I want to scrounge, but the family assistance payment would be a nice help right now!)

Hope everyone else is going OK - how about some updates?

wildmark - know I can rely on you - got your next move planned yet?

foxy
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by foxychic
Hope everyone else is going OK - how about some updates?

wildmark - know I can rely on you - got your next move planned yet?

foxy
I know what you mean about being slow, we have been very slow since Xmass, but were going after new business and it does not matter where you are...its tough. We are speaking to two companies at the moment about buying them out, if that goes thru we will be very, very busy!!!

Everything else is fine, our 17 year old plays soccer and his team won the State Championship two weeks ago...its a big deal over here

Work: Slow but steady
Kids: all three are doing great, eldest is just about to get his licence..so I have to fork out the cash to buy him a car...god help the other drivers
Home: house looking great, I tiled our patio last week...looks awsome...Jill wants the bathrooms done, I wont do that, i'll get someone in, below are a few pics.

Thats my update...anyone else?
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-p1000551.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-2073.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-2075.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-2093.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-2083.jpg  

Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:40 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see the old faithfull are still here

We're all doing OK. Just had Paul's Mum and Brother over for a month, so we're broke and exhausted..... but OK!

The house is finally on the homeward stretch! We had PCI this week where you go round snagging with the builder. Our man is there paving at the moment and the tilers are coming next weekend. It's just manic. We should have got our PR app in before the MIL came, but just didn't have time to fit it all in Hopefully it should be going in this month (sometime; in between everything else we have to juggle!). I think a few of the others should be eligible for PR by now.... anyone applied?

I know what you mean about business being tough. It doesn't help with the house, trying to entertain visitors and not really having recovered from the Xmas slow-down, so this year's been a little slow all round so far. Having said that, we've got some major customers on board now, so time will tell

Other than that, the kids are fine. Enjoying all that Oz has to offer (including teacher's strikes!!) Just wish there wasn't so much to do all the time Never been so tired and disorganised! You just end up fire fighting all the time.

Here's a few pics from us anyhow. Mark, everything looks wonderful. How typically American did that first shot look (DUR - I know you're in America..... but you get what I mean!).

Foxy.... if you need to vent; PM me and we can commiserate Just checked the critieria for the 845 and we don't employ anyone, so wouldn't qualify for that one anyhow.

Jules x
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-269.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-049.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-139.jpg  
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by julesandco

We're all doing OK. Just had Paul's Mum and Brother over for a month, so we're broke and exhausted..... but OK!

The house is finally on the homeward stretch! We had PCI this week where you go round snagging with the builder. Our man is there paving at the moment and the tilers are coming next weekend. It's just manic. We should have got our PR app in before the MIL came, but just didn't have time to fit it all in Hopefully it should be going in this month (sometime; in between everything else we have to juggle!). I think a few of the others should be eligible for PR by now.... anyone applied?

I know what you mean about business being tough. It doesn't help with the house, trying to entertain visitors and not really having recovered from the Xmas slow-down, so this year's been a little slow all round so far. Having said that, we've got some major customers on board now, so time will tell

Other than that, the kids are fine. Enjoying all that Oz has to offer (including teacher's strikes!!) Just wish there wasn't so much to do all the time Never been so tired and disorganised! You just end up fire fighting all the time.

Here's a few pics from us anyhow. Mark, everything looks wonderful. How typically American did that first shot look (DUR - I know you're in America..... but you get what I mean!).

Foxy.... if you need to vent; PM me and we can commiserate Just checked the critieria for the 845 and we don't employ anyone, so wouldn't qualify for that one anyhow.

Jules x
You lucky beggers... house looks really nice, much nicer than my place! Mrs Steveyp would love a new build. I think we will eventually build in Burns Beach or Iluka once builders prices revert to normality.
On the business front we are now officially Barrier Reef Pools Joondalup, so if you know anyone who wants 'the best fibreglass pool money can buy' then you know where we are!
Cheers
Steve
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:53 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveyp
You lucky beggers... house looks really nice, much nicer than my place! Mrs Steveyp would love a new build. I think we will eventually build in Burns Beach or Iluka once builders prices revert to normality.
On the business front we are now officially Barrier Reef Pools Joondalup, so if you know anyone who wants 'the best fibreglass pool money can buy' then you know where we are!
Cheers
Steve
Shame it's not two years earlier... I've obviously got NOT the best fibreglass pool money can buy

At the moment though it looks like the Blue Peter Wildlife pond *yeuch*

I'm sure the house will be lovely when we get in (eventually!), but it's a money pit and I'm sure the stress has taken years off us

Anyway...... we've got a nice shell of a house - you've got PR

Congrats on the business - are you still running the pool shop too?

Take care,

Jules x
Old Mar 1st 2008, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Shame it's not two years earlier... I've obviously got NOT the best fibreglass pool money can buy

At the moment though it looks like the Blue Peter Wildlife pond *yeuch*

I'm sure the house will be lovely when we get in (eventually!), but it's a money pit and I'm sure the stress has taken years off us

Anyway...... we've got a nice shell of a house - you've got PR

Congrats on the business - are you still running the pool shop too?

Take care,

Jules x
You have the same pool as me so I can't say anything really.
as for the green... if you don't have your pump and filter connected yet it may be good idea to add some acid as hight pH is not good for the shell.
I am looking to sell the shop, or failing that put it under management.
Cheers
Steve
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jules x

You should be done by now, any updated pics???
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Jules x
The house looks great Jules - it'll be worth the wait.

We were eligible to apply for PR last October but the application requires full financials which must be dated less than 3 months previous. Well, accounts are done annually on 30th June and to have a new set compiled with another comparable set would have cost at least another $6k - it didn't seem worth it so we are delaying our application to July next year. Thankfully the size of the business is way way over the requirement so we should just need to make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed.

However, I feel sure Dimia will try their damnedest to prevent an easy path.

Business in Perth is still booming - let's hope it continues.

Had a great skiing holiday in Japan in February - fantastic - any skiers out there must go.

Good luck to you all,

Bryan & Joyce
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by wildmark
You should be done by now, any updated pics???
Yeah right Mark! It's taken us TWO years to get to this stage!! Nothing happens quickly in WA.

Having said that, the porcelain tiles were laid last weekend and look fantastic. The paver's coming back this week and the side wall was rendered and textured this weekend. I just feel like an open cheque book at the moment!

I've attached a photo of the shiny floors and the industrial estate that is our air con units and pool kit.

Bryan, the skiing sounds fab - actually not the skiing so much; more the words 'holiday' and 'Japan'.

We're hoping to get the PR application in once the accountant comes up with the goods which should hopefully be this week. Back to the obsessing and checking emails constantly I guess! Any ideas on how long it should take? We'll keep you informed.

I wonder if any of the other early 163'ers have got their PR yet? Shame they don't post anymore.

Happy Easter everyone; hope you all had a good one.

Jules x
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-221.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-251.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-262.jpg  
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Yeah right Mark! It's taken us TWO years to get to this stage!! Nothing happens quickly in WA.

Having said that, the porcelain tiles were laid last weekend and look fantastic. The paver's coming back this week and the side wall was rendered and textured this weekend. I just feel like an open cheque book at the moment!

I've attached a photo of the shiny floors and the industrial estate that is our air con units and pool kit.

Bryan, the skiing sounds fab - actually not the skiing so much; more the words 'holiday' and 'Japan'.

We're hoping to get the PR application in once the accountant comes up with the goods which should hopefully be this week. Back to the obsessing and checking emails constantly I guess! Any ideas on how long it should take? We'll keep you informed.

I wonder if any of the other early 163'ers have got their PR yet? Shame they don't post anymore.

Happy Easter everyone; hope you all had a good one.

Jules x
Hi Jules,

I have heard that if all the documents are accepted - ie no errors!, PR is quite quick and painless - 4 to 6 weeks ish. We aren't doing the SBDC sponsorship because apparently we have enough turnover to get thru' on our own steam, and they (SBDC) do tend to take some time over their approvals.

Good luck, we will keep in touch.

Oh yes, and i think the Vallies should be eligible about now
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by BM615
Hi Jules,

I have heard that if all the documents are accepted - ie no errors!, PR is quite quick and painless - 4 to 6 weeks ish. We aren't doing the SBDC sponsorship because apparently we have enough turnover to get thru' on our own steam, and they (SBDC) do tend to take some time over their approvals.

Good luck, we will keep in touch.

Oh yes, and i think the Vallies should be eligible about now
I thought we had to go through the SBDC as they sponsored us in the first place - to 'get us off their books' if you like.

What turnover do you need to cut them out then?

Thanks,

Jules x

Oh - mind you, you're not on a Sponsored 163 are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.