business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by rhona
Ive got a state sponsored provisional business visa sub class 163, sponsored by the Victorian Government. Can anyone tell me if the sponsorship from Victoria runs out after a year of it being granted and if I need to reapply? I dont intend to go to oz until September next year but I was granted sponsorship in April 2007. I contacted the Victorian Government who told me id need to ask the dept of immigration but i cant seem to find who to contact there.
Hi Rhona

When our sponsorship for a 163 was granted by the Queensland Govt, the letter stated that it was valid for lodgement with DIMIA for 12 months from the date of approval by them.

Presumably your letter also says that and as long as you lodge(d) your main application with DIMIA by April 2008 and have been successful, you shouldn't have to re-apply to Victoria for sponsorship.

We lodged our main 163 Visa application with DIMIA a couple of months after getting the sponsorship, and our letter from DIMIA granting the actual Visa stated we had to enter Australia on or before 25 June 2006, and our Visa is valid for 4 years from that, i.e. 25 June 2010.

Hope this helps.

Chrissy
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Boogie65
Hi Foxy

I'm reading it that way too, but not sure whether this excludes a pension in the future. You would hope not wouldn't you!

"The visa allows you to stay in Australia on a permanent basis for the purpose of owning a new or existing business." so I would read this as meaning that business activities are supposed to continue - but I guess there's nothing stopping you from selling your qualifying business and starting or buying something new!

We are about to enter our 2nd year in business, and I must admit we're finding things much harder than we anticipated. We both work extremely long hours, busting our guts to ensure we can meet the criteria for PR as quick as possible. We do feel settled, but won't feel totally settled until we get the golden ticket. "Life" as such is on hold because of working so much, way too little leisure time at the moment so no time to actually enjoy being here. Having said that, the kids have settled great and have their friends and clubs so that's all good. I know it will all be worth it in the end ....

Fingers crossed for you for more ups than downs very soon Foxy.

Best wishes
Chrissy
Hi,
Once you get PR you can do whatever you please, sell the business, become a postman, harbour bridge painter or stop working altogether.
The only thing you can't do is claim centrelink for 2 years.
Hang in there, do the numbers and get the golden ticket.
Steve
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

rhona is on a distinguished road

Many thanks you guys. Thats a relief I will check the letter but im sure it said the same.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Seen the post has not been touched in a while so I will post some recent pics.
Couple pics of the new trees in garden, others were a recent trip to Key West...and the kids sick on the boat trip we went on!
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-2067.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-2065.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-004.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-017.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-009.jpg  

Old Dec 14th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

New car, youngest doibng his favorite sport....it is America!!!! and a manatee (Good eating!)
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-124.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-pict1ure-052.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-003.jpg  
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

livid will become famous soon enoughlivid will become famous soon enough

Update
Woo Hoo
We received our State sponsorship from NSW today !
Together with the news that Jacob Zuma (polygamist, alleged rapist & previous deputy president who was fired due to his currently being under investigation for corruption, who rallies his supporters with a song entitled "bring me my machine gun" is the new president of the ANC & will in all likelihood be the next president of South Africa)

So you could say the timing couldn't be better.

Thanks to all those here who have been so free & generous with their advice & experience. It was over just a year ago (based on what I had read on this thread that I decided to change from a 160 to the 163), it has been a year filled with many frustrations (& lessons) but we have now finally moved to the next stage.

Merry Xmas to you all, wishing you everything you wish for yourselves and more for 2008

Last edited by livid; Dec 18th 2007 at 8:29 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would like to wish everyone a very merry Xmas and happy New Year
Old Dec 27th 2007, 2:37 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildmark
I would like to wish everyone a very merry Xmas and happy New Year
You too guys! All the very best for 2008 (oh and a finished house for us with any luck

Jules x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

gotza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
just want to say warm thank you to all of you on that thread. Your shared experience,suggestions and discussions has been incredible source of info and help for me before and after applying for 163 subclass visa, recently granted.Would like to wish all of you good luck and good health during The New 2008 Year!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by julesandco
You too guys! All the very best for 2008 (oh and a finished house for us with any luck

Jules x

Any up to date pics???
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just got back from the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee, we spent Christmas and New Year there, it was nice to see some hills and crapy weather, stark contracts to perpetual sun and flatness we suffer from here in Florida!
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-039.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-002.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-001.jpg  
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:17 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Any up to date pics???
Hi Mark - Happy New Year!

Your wish is my command

The builders have led us a right merry dance, but hopefully the house will be ready in the next few months (after a broken promise we'd be in for Xmas )

Our pool looks really inviting, doesn't it ........OK, maybe not as inviting as yours

And a photo of one of the Mandurah canal homes taken before Xmas from our boat

Jules x

P.S Do you think we should start a new thread about supporting each other through the PR application now?
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-688.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-569.jpg   business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-picture-686.jpg  
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by julesandco
Hi Mark - Happy New Year!

Your wish is my command

The builders have led us a right merry dance, but hopefully the house will be ready in the next few months (after a broken promise we'd be in for Xmas )

Our pool looks really inviting, doesn't it ........OK, maybe not as inviting as yours

And a photo of one of the Mandurah canal homes taken before Xmas from our boat

Jules x

P.S Do you think we should start a new thread about supporting each other through the PR application now?

Wow Jules it look grteat I bet it will be amazing when its done, when are they rsaying it will be done?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:15 am

Wow Jules it look grteat I bet it will be amazing when its done, when are they rsaying it will be done?
Huuuummmmm, sore point

They did say it would be ready for Xmas, but the builders are liars! We're working on end of Feb. Just in time for Paul's Mum and Bro to be on the plane back HOME

Never mind, eh? It'll be great for next visit

How are things? You sound settled. Enjoying the Florida lifestyle?

Take care,

Jules x
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

isleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really nice

Hi Jules

Thanks for giving me the link for this thread, I have not read it all as it would take me all week.

I would also like to know of any one who originaly who migrated on state sponsorship 163 visa who failed in the business and could not get PR. Also benefits of buying into a business as % shareholder or starting from scratch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.