business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Oct 5th 2007, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

as soon as we are up and running and in our own house I will write a proper update (should be a couple weeks from now) but not much to report now.

rachel
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

gilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant future

Hi there.. Newbie here.. Gosh its taken me the last 2 days to go through this thread so much information.. Too much for my poor brain...

Having looked into Visa 163 it looks likely we may get it... This is our last chance really because of age and the children starting secondary school next September.. Even though it seems a minefield, this has been our dream for many years so going to take one step at a time if I look at the over picture it frightens me and makes me not want to do it.. But we keep coming back to it year after year.. So going to take it that stage further and see if we can be excepted...

I kind of understand but not really ... What is really the first step, I think after reading all these thread we would not have a problem doing ourselves rather than paying an agent... So where do we start.. We want to live in Queenslands.. Where do I apply for state sponsorship is it with them.. Do I do that first?? sorry I suspect you will be sick of me over the coming months but do appreciate this and hopefully in the future if we are lucky, I can repay and help someone else through this minefield.. Thank you...

My name is Gill by the way I am married to Dave we are 43 and 42, 2 children age 7 and 10 and 2 dogs.. We live in the Cotswolds in Gloucestershire...
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:52 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Gill,

We are at the moment applying for a business visa, we were successful in obtaining sponsorship from the Victorian State Government, although our agent is based in Brisbane, you will have to apply to the Queensland Government for Sponsorship, you will also have to write a business plan to go with your application and get your house valued and also any investments you have to back up what funds you will have available. oh is 49 and I am 47 with 3 sons 16, 22 and 23.

If I can help anymore just let me know.

Lisa
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

gilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant future

Thank you Lisa.. Have asked Gov. Queenlands for forms and information...
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Does anyone know for Queenland, the state sponsorship are you restricted to areas not sure if I have read it properly but it has listed a load of surburbs... Not sure if this means you have live and work in those areas, which is not actually where we want to live!!!!!!!!! thankyou...
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

pgee is an unknown quantity at this point

HI

I am a South African that received a business 160/163 visa in March 2007 .
I have until 9 Jan 2008 to "clock in " with my family .
What I would like to know is how sticky they are with doing a temp clock in ie coming across in December for 2 weeks and clocking in and then only coming back in say a years time and setting up a business ?
I know I have 4 years from jan 2008 to produce 2 years worth of accounts but dont know when I am expected to be "permanently" in Aussie by .

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Patrick Gee
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

livid will become famous soon enoughlivid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pgee
HI

I am a South African that received a business 160/163 visa in March 2007 .
I have until 9 Jan 2008 to "clock in " with my family .
What I would like to know is how sticky they are with doing a temp clock in ie coming across in December for 2 weeks and clocking in and then only coming back in say a years time and setting up a business ?
I know I have 4 years from jan 2008 to produce 2 years worth of accounts but dont know when I am expected to be "permanently" in Aussie by .

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Patrick Gee
Howzit Patrick
Good to see another Saffer here (it is going to be tough hanging out here at BE if we don't pull off what most "expect" to happen on Saturday eve in Paris !) luckily I am a dual passport holder so I have got to watch out I don't get too many splinters from sitting on the fence !

I am a bit confused by your post have you got a 163 or 160 ?
My understanding (I am not in any way qualified !) is that with either of these class of visa there is no "clocking" in or validating requirement, they are valid for 4 years from the time they are granted. In order to qualify for PR on a 890 or 892 you needed to be actively involved (day to day management) in a qualifying business for the year prior to application. What this means to me, is that you could in effect wait almost 3 years after being granted the 160/3 TR visa before taking up residence working in the business for a year then putting in your application ...
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:38 am
Just Joined

pgee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

The visa I applied for and was granted was an unsponsored business visa - a 163 as I know it . The visa that is stamped in my passport is a class ur temporary P - sub class 160 .
It also states that inital entry must be made by 9 january 2008 and that I am permitted to be in Australia until jan 2012.
Any ideas ?

PAtrick
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:57 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a subclass 160 visa you have the non-State Sponsored Business Owner (Provisional) visa. Subclass 163 is the State Sponsored version with the lower thresholds to permanent residency.

If your visa says words to the effect "Must enter by xx/yy/zzzz" you must pass through immigration clearance by that date. This can be for a couple of hours if you want to catch the return flight.

The key issues to be aware of having validated your visa are the requirements for the grant of your permanent residency visa (which is likely to be via subclass 890), so that you can apply for the p/r visa before the expiry of your subclass 160 visa.

Best regards.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

livid will become famous soon enoughlivid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
If you have a subclass 160 visa you have the non-State Sponsored Business Owner (Provisional) visa. Subclass 163 is the State Sponsored version with the lower thresholds to permanent residency.

If your visa says words to the effect "Must enter by xx/yy/zzzz" you must pass through immigration clearance by that date. This can be for a couple of hours if you want to catch the return flight.

The key issues to be aware of having validated your visa are the requirements for the grant of your permanent residency visa (which is likely to be via subclass 890), so that you can apply for the p/r visa before the expiry of your subclass 160 visa.

Best regards.
Thanks Alan

I appreciate your 'free' input
I was not aware of the validation probably a bit more I am not aware of too !
Am I correct in thinking only the primary applicant needs to validate the visa ? I will be moving out with wife & kids when we come but I am the applicant so only I have to make the validation trip. is that correct ?

Patrick pls PM me you details so we can get together & chat(gloat) sometime
Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:33 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Usually all persons have to validate their visas before the required initial entry date. Have a look at the visa labels - if each one has a required entry date all must validate by clearing immigration on arrival in Australia by that date.

Best regards.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

vendee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Usually all persons have to validate their visas before the required initial entry date. Have a look at the visa labels - if each one has a required entry date all must validate by clearing immigration on arrival in Australia by that date.

Best regards.
Ok i started reading this thread in 2005 and have just popped form 949 in the post, how long have i got?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Stumpy did you get my PM...?
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gilly43
Stumpy did you get my PM...?
Is stumpy still on this site? she was talking about moving to the States and then back to Oz....where are you stumpy.

Lets have a roll call????
Old Oct 25th 2007, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

To the question of validation, all of your family who hold the visa must enter the country by this date, this can be for 2 hours or 2 weeks, your 4 years starts ticking from then, so you have to get back here within that time and start trading so you will have 2 years figures to submit. We are cutting it real fine and will have to meet the figures in two years as we have no months 'spare'.

As you are unsponsored, as I understand it your requirements will be higher too so you could probably do without cutting it too fine.

Good luck

We are trying (and failing) to get used to the laid back was of doing business here "no, 2 weeks time is not good enough, we want it now, we need to get open and start trading "

more update soon, we are due to open saturday

foxy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.