business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:39 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
G'day 163'ers...

So... we've decided to get creative again with the sale of the house:
We had a couple who viewed last week and sounded really positive... but (the usual situation), they need to sell theirs first. I spoke to the estate agents a couple of days ago and they said the feedback was 100% positive, so if they manage to sell theirs then they'll be back....

So, the outcome so far is that they're interested in principal so I told the agents to arrange a second viewing for them - we want to be certain that they're 100% committed to buying ours before we get our hopes up. They're coming back on Friday night, so we'll have the chance to talk more then... so we're report back when we know more.

Good luck to y'all.

Rogue x
Lots of luck with that RT. I must admit we kinda thought about that with our hotel (ie. selling it leasehold) but we really need to take as much dosh as we can over with us, so decided against it in the end, I think you have hit on a good idea though, cause if I had a little property also I would def. let it simmer in blighty for a while!

Instead we will leave some dosh over here in a bank account/investment to help finance our holiday visits to family in UK.

Keep us posted!

AGH!!! Time is flying!!!!!!

Nicola
x
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:43 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Have you guys seen the moves on the GBPAUD exchange rate today..??
We're all A$240 per £10,000 better off in just one day..!! That soon adds up..!!

Looking strong..!!

RT

Nice!!.................................
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:51 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Guys

Well we arrived here on Tuesday morning after a long flight. Emirates were pretty good, but the flight was marred by my 6 year old throwing up about 6 times!!.

The goodbyes were terrible, as bad as I had imagined. I still get upset at the thought of saying good bye to all our friends and family. Paul and I spent the whole flight wondering what on earth were we doing leaving behind everything we loved.

We arrived at 7 o'clock in the morning to a beautiful sunny day and things did certainly look up from then. We have been staying with friends in Brisbane trying to get everything sorted out. I think we have done pretty well sorting out cars, tax Nos, medicare, telephone lines Etc etc.

Today we went to Mooloolaba and met the principals of the schools and toured around them. Luckily all my boys loved them and they cant wait until they start on Monday. I have to say I cannot believe how friendly and accommodating everyone is. They are so relaxed about everything, all they want to do is help you. They could not have made my boys feel more welcome. In fact that has to be said about everyone here, they really do love the pommes!!

We are moving into our new house tomorrow when our rental furniture arrives. It is will be nice to have somewhere to call home again. We will have the weekend to get sorted out and relax by our pool!! before school starts.

Next week I suppose I will have to start to find work as we still haven't rented our house out. I have made a few contacts on this site so I will try and sort out a few girlie coffee/drinks!!! I'm in desperate need of a good gossip.

Hope everyone on here is well and keeping their dreams alive.

As soon as our broadband is connected I will get back to you all.

Best wishes

Sheilaxx

Wow!!! Sheila, you have done it!! You are there!!!

I am so glad that the school has looked after your babies! My son (he is nearly 8) is worried about school and wants me to come and do volunteer work at his new school (I do it currently). I said, I would if I could!

What are your plans business wise? Or will you take some 'time out' first? What jobs are you on the lookout for? Questions... questions... sorry x

Good luck getting into your new house... and pool.... yummy!!!!

The weather here is completely wacky!! Freezing cold winds, hammering rain, grey skies, ..........and all this while we are watching the kids play footy tonight!!

Nicola
x
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Wow!!! Sheila, you have done it!! You are there!!!

I am so glad that the school has looked after your babies! My son (he is nearly 8) is worried about school and wants me to come and do volunteer work at his new school (I do it currently). I said, I would if I could!

What are your plans business wise? Or will you take some 'time out' first? What jobs are you on the lookout for? Questions... questions... sorry x

Good luck getting into your new house... and pool.... yummy!!!!

The weather here is completely wacky!! Freezing cold winds, hammering rain, grey skies, ..........and all this while we are watching the kids play footy tonight!!

Nicola
x
Hi Nicola

Just woken up to torrential rain here!! Can't believe it! Must have followed us from the uk.

As regards our business plan, Paul has got meetings set up next week with the firm of Accountants he hopes to set up an Insurance business with. The negotiations are still at an early stage and this could go either way.

The cash outlay this week has been enormous, buying 2 cars, insurance, new home, buying food from scratch! so I think I will be looking for some part time work quite soon.

Once the kids are settled in school this will be a lot easier, but with the long holidays starting in 5 weeks we will just have to wait and see. My priority is the children to get them integrated into the community asap.

From January I will have one starting at 7.30am, one at 8.30am and one at 10.030am. Thats a lot of school runs. Hopefully the 2 eldest will be able to go to school independently so that should not be too much of a problem. I think all the schools have after school care so I will have to look into that.

Enough of me, Good Luck to everyone with their selling of their property. Hopefully we will have some good news on the rental of ours.It would certainly help here!

Best wishes

Sheila
x
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:20 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!

Go Sheila, go Sheila, Go sheila.

Fantastic. Keep us all informed.

Jules x
Old Nov 4th 2005, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

G'day 163'ers...

So I say to Mrs Rogue, "I've had a flash of inspiration: how d'ya fancy taking their house in part-exchange..??"
Mrs Rogue replies, "Yeah, why not... like the suggestion on the forum recently..."

I guess I must have missed the post, or else it went in subconsciously, but looking back here it is - Chrissy suggested the same thing a week ago:Wow... cheers Chrissy..!!

Good luck to y'all.

Rogue x
Hey, no worries Rogue actually I have to let Mr Boogie take the credit for that idea, and it was really spooky cos we were just sat here discussing the idea when the phone rang - it was the Estate Agents saying they'd had our potential buyers on the phone asking if we would take a part ex!!! :scared: how scary is that!!

Good luck with the second viewing tonight and let us know how it goes

Chrissy
x
Old Nov 4th 2005, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by julesandco
Hi Rogue (et al),

Spent all day today in Peterborough getting our daughter's passport renewed....... £71 for the premium one day service!! Her passport didn't expire until March 2006, but I was concerned about the "6 month left" from the date of travel rule. Now she's renewed, we have to travel with both - the old passport with the visa and the new passport minus visa! Great - 6 passports to be responsible for!

Jules x
Hi Jules, I think we're gonna be in the same position with our daughter's passport - we knew it expired Aug 06 but were in such high spirits at the thought of getting those wonderful visas in our passports that we couldn't wait to send them off to London. However, now we're pretty unlikely to go to Oz before April 2006 we're going to need to renew her passport before we travel so we too will have to carry her old one and her new one.

It's good you posted that because up until then I hadn't really given it much thought, apart from saying to Stu "do you have to have a certain length of time left in your passport when we go?" Now I know it's six months, I'll be sure to do something about it - what a horrible thought - arriving at the airport and getting rejected because of that :scared:

Cheers for that Jules!

Chrissy
x
Old Nov 4th 2005, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=midlife crisis]
Originally Posted by bradfordlad

Hi Guys

Well we arrived here on Tuesday morning after a long flight. Emirates were pretty good, but the flight was marred by my 6 year old throwing up about 6 times!!.

The goodbyes were terrible, as bad as I had imagined. I still get upset at the thought of saying good bye to all our friends and family. Paul and I spent the whole flight wondering what on earth were we doing leaving behind everything we loved.

We arrived at 7 o'clock in the morning to a beautiful sunny day and things did certainly look up from then. We have been staying with friends in Brisbane trying to get everything sorted out. I think we have done pretty well sorting out cars, tax Nos, medicare, telephone lines Etc etc.

Today we went to Mooloolaba and met the principals of the schools and toured around them. Luckily all my boys loved them and they cant wait until they start on Monday. I have to say I cannot believe how friendly and accommodating everyone is. They are so relaxed about everything, all they want to do is help you. They could not have made my boys feel more welcome. In fact that has to be said about everyone here, they really do love the pommes!!

We are moving into our new house tomorrow when our rental furniture arrives. It is will be nice to have somewhere to call home again. We will have the weekend to get sorted out and relax by our pool!! before school starts.

Next week I suppose I will have to start to find work as we still haven't rented our house out. I have made a few contacts on this site so I will try and sort out a few girlie coffee/drinks!!! I'm in desperate need of a good gossip.

Hope everyone on here is well and keeping their dreams alive.

As soon as our broadband is connected I will get back to you all.

Best wishes

Sheilaxx
Hi Sheila

How wonderful to hear from you now that you're really there and starting the live it Sorry to hear about your little 'un throwing up on the flight so much but it's really good to hear about the schools and how they're all looking forward to starting at them on Monday. Best of luck to them for then

Maloolaba! aaaaah!! How I long to see that beautiful place again I can just picture you all there - have a fantastic weekend getting settled in your lovely new home

Keep us posted won't you and have fun when you sort out a girlie get together - I had one with my friends from Telford last weekend and it did me the power of good and more karaoke and lots of laughs!

All the very best
Chrissy
x
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:19 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

Originally Posted by Boogie65
It's good you posted that because up until then I hadn't really given it much thought, apart from saying to Stu "do you have to have a certain length of time left in your passport when we go?" Now I know it's six months, I'll be sure to do something about it - what a horrible thought - arriving at the airport and getting rejected because of that :scared:

Cheers for that Jules!

Chrissy
x
Oh my goodness, got me thinking too! :scared: our daughter's passport runs out in July next year also, and we wont be going till at least mid Jan - I really didnt realise you had to have 6 months left on your passport - I wonder why that is?

Anyway, this leads me to think, shall I apply for her new passport now (our visas should come through in a week or two), so the visa can go straight in (assuming it needs to be in the kiddies passports?), or have visa put in her current one, and also get a new one to take along?

Anyone know best option?

Hi Sheila! Blimey, thats a school run and a half!! Starting at 7.30am too! Wow, thats gonna need some organising! Lots of luck to your kiddies for Monday, please let us know how they get on.

Good luck to Paul next week in his meetings and to YOU organising your family!

Some friends of ours leave on Monday to Adelaide and their two children are at school with our two! They had a leaving service for them at school today, and boy, were my eyes filled with tears! Especially thinking that my two little ones will be up on stage beg. next year, saying goodbye to all their school!

:scared:

Have a super duper weekend everyone! Enjoy the fireworks and keep safe!

Nicola
x
Old Nov 5th 2005, 8:50 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my goodness, got me thinking too! :scared: our daughter's passport runs out in July next year also, and we wont be going till at least mid Jan - I really didnt realise you had to have 6 months left on your passport - I wonder why that is?

Anyway, this leads me to think, shall I apply for her new passport now (our visas should come through in a week or two), so the visa can go straight in (assuming it needs to be in the kiddies passports?), or have visa put in her current one, and also get a new one to take along?

Anyone know best option?
We contacted the Aussie high commission, who said it was fine for our daughter to travel with this short length of time on her passport. We also contacted Cathay who said as long as the High Commission are fine with it, so are we.....

But as we are stopping over in Hong Kong and haven't checked with their Embassy, we just couldn't stand any stress or hassle at the check-ins.

It WOULD probably be fine - but we've got so much stress, we're not prepared to add any more un-necessarily. At least if you've all got time before you travel, you can post your applications which is a great deal cheaper than £71!!

Don't take my word as gospel on the passport requirements - we just figured it's probably easier to get it renewed as well whilst we're still in Blighty!

Anyway - T minus 12 days. Party tonight. Feeling a bit hung over from last night - had a get-together with some of the Mums and didn't get home until 2am :scared:

Paul and Sam are off to watch Arsenal today and going straight to the party from Highbury. Also got a house clearance tomorrow and our second skip has just been delivered...... If in doubt - chuck it out (our new Family motto!).

Have a great weekend one and all.

Jules
Old Nov 5th 2005, 12:08 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

Originally Posted by julesandco
We contacted the Aussie high commission, who said it was fine for our daughter to travel with this short length of time on her passport. We also contacted Cathay who said as long as the High Commission are fine with it, so are we.....

But as we are stopping over in Hong Kong and haven't checked with their Embassy, we just couldn't stand any stress or hassle at the check-ins.

It WOULD probably be fine - but we've got so much stress, we're not prepared to add any more un-necessarily. At least if you've all got time before you travel, you can post your applications which is a great deal cheaper than £71!!

Don't take my word as gospel on the passport requirements - we just figured it's probably easier to get it renewed as well whilst we're still in Blighty!

Anyway - T minus 12 days. Party tonight. Feeling a bit hung over from last night - had a get-together with some of the Mums and didn't get home until 2am :scared:

Paul and Sam are off to watch Arsenal today and going straight to the party from Highbury. Also got a house clearance tomorrow and our second skip has just been delivered...... If in doubt - chuck it out (our new Family motto!).

Have a great weekend one and all.

Jules
Hi Jules thanks for that info - we have decided to go ahead and get Hannah a new passport anyway, just in case!

Have a wikkid time tonight, and good luck with the clearout - good motto!!!

Nicola
x
Old Nov 6th 2005, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jules thanks for that info - we have decided to go ahead and get Hannah a new passport anyway, just in case!

Have a wikkid time tonight, and good luck with the clearout - good motto!!!

Nicola
x
Hi, don't know what is going on here, I replied to this thread this morning - but it has disappeared. So short version in case I am duplicating. You need to tell your CO you are getting a new passport and send a copy of the new page, as the visa has the passport No on and has to match.

Also, is anyone else getting Microsoft something (business or something) trying to load iteself to your computer everytime you click on this thread. I keep clicking cancel, but it is puzzling me.

rachel
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by foxychic
Hi, don't know what is going on here, I replied to this thread this morning - but it has disappeared. So short version in case I am duplicating. You need to tell your CO you are getting a new passport and send a copy of the new page, as the visa has the passport No on and has to match.
Our CO said it would be fine - but we'd need to travel with the two passports. The old one with the visa and the new one too.

Jules
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Mrs Rogue is on a distinguished road

Hiya Jules and Co,

WOW! you guys must be so excited. I can't believe you are going so soon. It must all seem a bit crazy for you right now. But you'll be on that beach before you know it.

How was the party? Hope you had a great time and didn't use too many tissues! Not looking forward to that bit, saying goodbye must be hard.

I'm sooooo jealous! We are still waiting to sell our house. But we'll get there. You guys will be able to show us the ropes when we do.

Take care, and keep in touch as much as you can.

God bless,
Mrs Rogue
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs Rogue
How was the party? Hope you had a great time and didn't use too many tissues! Not looking forward to that bit, saying goodbye must be hard.
Hi Mrs Rogue - thanks for remembering (must run in the family hey? )

The party was good, but there was a strange atmosphere. Paul described it best as a cross between a wedding and a wake. Everyone was cheery, but there was an underlying current of something more sinister (if you get my drift?) We must have been asked at least ten times each why we were doing it and what made us decide.

The sad thing is the reaction of some of my closest friends........... One in particular - our daughters are inseperable and I know for a fact that her little girl won't cope as well as mine when we do eventually leave - and I heard from another Mum tonight that she's deliverately been telling her daughter not to play with my little girl as she's moving to Australia and leaving her! ........ they're 4 for heaven's sake!?!

Also, it was my other best friend's little boys birthday on the night of our party and they were going to Legoland to watch the fireworks and couldn't come. How bad did I feel when I texted her on Sunday to ask how Lego was, only to be told they had a bad morning, didn't go and ended up in a neighbouring town watching the council firework display - couldn't even pop in for a drink to wish us well.

Whenever I ask them about it, they simply blame me, saying "you're so busy with the business and the move - you've not got time for us, YOU'VE shut US out" Because I've got too much to do to drink coffee with them for three hours on a Friday?

Mum says it's because they're all jealous and didn't think we'd actually have the balls to go through with the move and I have to agree with her in some respects. I don't know if any of you have had this experience. In some ways it helps with the emotion as part of you thinks s*d you lot! and you just want to get on the plane and get this bit over with...... Does this make any sense - I'm rambling, sorry.

It's just I feel that this bit is really hard - like going through an emotional mangle - I just want to close the page on the sad goodbye bit and start focusing on the happy emails updating eveyone and looking forward to Mum planning her trip over.

I really hope those of you who've got this to come don't experience the same as we're going through at the mo. The "friends" we thought were closest have distanced themselves and the "acquaintances" have come up trumps!

It's very upsetting

Sorry - rant over!

Nighty night,

Jules xXx love to all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.