business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Everyone!

Where are you all??? I've not been on line for 5 days and I've not missed much. I suppose you are all busy, I hope the thread is not going to die. I always feel like I'm talking to my friends when I come on here.
Hi Sheila, lovely to hear from you again. It has gone a bit quiet on here hasn't it, but I've been watching with interest about the passport situation and also the excess luggage allowance not being applicable because we're not going on permanent visas - did you have any problems with this - how much did they give you?

Well we are doing really well here on the Sunshine Coast. The weather is hot everyday, although we have had quite a lot of rain. I still can't believe that this is not a holiday. Everyday I wake up overlooking the canal watching the boats go by,it really is beautiful.

My boys have finished their first week at school and I could not have wished it to go any better. They have all made friends and my 14 year old got invited to a sleep over on Friday by another brit boy who has been here 18 months. He has taken him under his wing and introduced him to a crowd of boys.

We have been on the beach several times and the boys have surfed, swam etc etc most days. There really is no comparison to their life in England, and this is only after 1 week.

I have met a few people and had coffee with a few mums. There are so many expats here, its really to meet up with people.

Paul is keen to get a small boat to put on our pontoon then they can go fishing, have fun with water ski ing etc.
It's wonderful to hear that you're all settling in so well - it really does sound fabulous for you and I'm sooooo pleased to hear that your boys first week in school was great. That has to be the top concern for us that our children will settle well and make friends and actually enjoy being there. We can't see any reason why they won't but it's always a worry until we can see they're happy.
He has had a business meeting, but he is still in the early stages of his negotiations. I have started looking for work so I hope I can get something part-time soon.

We have got our broad band agreed and hopefully I will be on line by Wednesday. You will be hearing from me all the time then!!!

Better go now, Let me know all your news.

Best wishes to you all

Sheila
Good luck with Paul's meeting, and good luck for your job hunting. Great news to hear about your broadband connection.

Nothing much is new here for us - we're just counting down the days until we can join you over there. Every week we check the prices on the Singapore Airlines website and we're itching to book but it's just a little early yet. I guess it's just a pysochological thing really but we do have a date in our heads and we're working towards then.

Meantime, keep enjoying it Sheila, we're so happy it's working out great for you all

Love
Chrissy
x
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:44 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Hi Sheila

So glad you and your boys are settling in so well! And especially that your boys are being looked after at school - what a relief!!

Not much happening this end, our buyers are too slow for our liking and makes us think something is wrong! So, we have a nother chap interested who is bringing his wife over for a 2nd view tom., and if she likes it, he said, he will go for it - he has all the money in the bank, so we are keeping our fingers crossed on that one!

We have stalled our visas being issued through our CO, until we have Hannahs new passport.

I have the added pressure of my favourite band (UB40) are performing at Perth Zoo on the 4th Feb, so we have just gotta get there by there!! LOL!

What's your preferred date Chrissie??

Nicola
x
Old Nov 14th 2005, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by The Vallies

I have the added pressure of my favourite band (UB40) are performing at Perth Zoo on the 4th Feb, so we have just gotta get there by there!! LOL!

What's your preferred date Chrissie??

Nicola
x
Hiya Nicola

Fingers crossed for your business and that you make that concert at the Zoo - what a wonderful place to see them!!

Preferred dates for us are today, tomorrow or the next day after that

..... no but seriously, we've got the third week in April in our heads at the moment. Because there was no way we could go pre-Christmas because of the house and other commitments, we decided we'd definitely stay and ride out January and February at least because those two months are the best for our business. Then, depending on what we do with the business, we'll need March/April to bed things in.

I just can't wait until the New Year because it's a kind of a peak in a way, we're working uphill to 31st December 2005 and time seems to be dragging, but then with the start of 2006 I reckon the time will go really fast all the way to April when we can actually go!

Take care,
Chrissy
x
Old Nov 14th 2005, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Talking Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi Everyone!

Where are you all??? I've not been on line for 5 days and I've not missed much.

I suppose you are all busy, I hope the thread is not going to die. I always feel like I'm talking to my friends when I come on here.

Well we are doing really well here on the Sunshine Coast. The weather is hot everyday, although we have had quite a lot of rain. I still can't believe that this is not a holiday. Everyday I wake up overlooking the canal watching the boats go by,it really is beautiful.

My boys have finished their first week at school and I could not have wished it to go any better. They have all made friends and my 14 year old got invited to a sleep over on Friday by another brit boy who has been here 18 months. He has taken him under his wing and introduced him to a crowd of boys.

We have been on the beach several times and the boys have surfed, swam etc etc most days. There really is no comparison to their life in England, and this is only after 1 week.

I have met a few people and had coffee with a few mums. There are so many expats here, its really to meet up with people.

Paul is keen to get a small boat to put on our pontoon then they can go fishing, have fun with water ski ing etc.

He has had a business meeting, but he is still in the early stages of his negotiations. I have started looking for work so I hope I can get something part-time soon.

We have got our broad band agreed and hopefully I will be on line by Wednesday. You will be hearing from me all the time then!!!

Better go now, Let me know all your news.

Best wishes to you all

Sheila

I have not been on for a while but I do check most days to catch up.

We have been so busy preparing for the completion which might happen this Friday instead of the end of the month, so it's very stressful I must say and will be glad when the monies 'in the bank'!!!!!.

On a side topic I had an ECG this morning due to having chest pains a while back, It turned out to be a muscle strain, but decided to have the physical ECG anyways which confirmed my worst nightmare (well Jill's)

I WILL END UP LIVING FOR ABOUT ANOTHER 100 YEARS!!!

Fit as a fiddle, my heart rate recovery rate is that of an average 20 year old, due to playing sports all of my life the doc reckons.

Come on RT have not seen a thread from you for a while??????

Regards

Mark (Gone to drink more beer, ....why, coz it does not have any detrimental effect on me!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wildmark
WILL END UP LIVING FOR ABOUT ANOTHER 100 YEARS!!!

Fit as a fiddle, my heart rate recovery rate is that of an average 20 year old, due to playing sports all of my life the doc reckons.

Regards

Mark (Gone to drink more beer, ....why, coz it does not have any detrimental effect on me!
Hi everyone

I'm glad to see you are all still around.

Sorry to hear about your scare Mark, that must have been a worry for a while. Great to think you will be around with us for a bit longer!

Are you still coming out to Aus on your recci trip? The offer to come to ours is still open.

Hi Chrissy and Nicola, its lovely to hear from you.

Chrissy, we did get 40 kilos per person when we flew out with Emirates. It was a good job as we still managed to go over. We had 10 cases but they were very good and let us through with no charge.

It will be great when you come out here. Don't worry about schools, they really are so friendly. My youngest is now saying he wants to stay here forever.You just need to remember if you want Mountain Creek primary School you will have to live in the catchment area. If you want me to look at rentals or areas etc let me know. I realise now that we we very lucky as our house is not in the area, but because our eldest had got a place at the high school they gave us an exemption.

Better go now ,good luck with your sales etc. You'll all be in the sun soon....

Love

Sheila
Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:42 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

I WILL END UP LIVING FOR ABOUT ANOTHER 100 YEARS!!!

Regards

Nice one Mark, glad you are ok!!!

Take care

Nicola
x
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:01 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Now then... now then...
G'day guys 'n' gals... hope all's well...

Sorry I've not been around for a while (it's been two whole weeks..!!) I think I've kicked the habit... but here I am again..!!

Sooo... it all sounds very exciting for all y'all...

Jill: Sorry to hear Mark's news...!!!
Well done Mark... and I love your logic - have a beer because it's done you no harm..!!

So, are the plans still on-track for Friday..?? Is it "drinks on Mark" on Friday night..??

Nicola & Andrew: I do hope the sale continues to progress smoothly. How did the second viewing go yesterday? Interested, I hope.
UB40 at Perth Zoo, eh..?? Well, I guess that a setting as beautiful as that could make even them sound good..!!

BM615: Hi Bryan. Settled in well? I bet the trials of getting there are a distant memory now. That air-freight deal sounds good. Who did you use..??

PJ&B: Good on ya guys...!!! You did it...!!! Is it today that you arrive in Perth..? Come on now, get your priorities sorted out... never mind checking out the beach - get yourselves on here and file your first "on location report"...!!!

Jules: When you setting off..? Today..? WOW..!! Good luck. Enjoy HK and giz a shout when you hit Oz. All the best. BTW, we've now adopted your motto: "If in doubt, chuck it out".

Midlife: Hey Sheila... wow... living the life... it sounds AWESOME. Keep us posted of your on-going adventures in tropical QLD.

Bradford Lad: Eyup mate. Now then, your pad has been on the market for two weeks... any progress..?? You up for a p/x yet..??

Bengyboo: Come on mate... you're shirking your responsibilities... you're supposed to be on here winding us all up about how perfect life is down-under - keeping the dream alive for all us miserable, cold poms left here..!!

steveyp: How's the pool shop going mate..? Swimmingly, I hope (sorry..!)

Pasha: G'day my Canadian friends... what's happening..? Have you closed that deal on your business yet..? Give us a shout and let us know how you are - you're being missed.

Boogie65: Hey Chrissy, don't worry, you'll be on your QLD girls night out with Sheila before you know it - the time will fly after Christmas.

Foxy: Hey Foxy and Chic... how's things? Hope you and yours are doing ok.

Oldfolk: It's gonna happen... keep dreaming..!!

To all you other 163'ers out there, sorry if you didn't get a personal mention - you know I luv ya really..!!
Keep smiling... stay focused... don't let anyone steal your dream..!!

Rogue xx
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Bradford Lad: Eyup mate. Now then, your pad has been on the market for two weeks... any progress..?? You up for a p/x yet..??

Rogue xx[/QUOTE]

Hey up young man,

Your not in Perth already are you!!! It's been a while, i thought you might of up sticks and buggered off

How's your house sale going? Our's has been on market a whole 2 weeks and absolutely nothing happening.

We are still waiting on solicitors for sale on investment properties to at least pay our Designated Investment.Hopefully within the next 3/4 weeks.

Will have to have a get together, certainly before xmas.

Speak again no doubt

Ian
Old Nov 16th 2005, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Now then... now then...
G'day guys 'n' gals... hope all's well...
Sorry I've not been around for a while (it's been two whole weeks..!!) I think I've kicked the habit... but here I am again..!!

Sooo... it all sounds very exciting for all y'all...

Jill:Sorry to hear Mark's news...!!! Well done Mark... and I love your logic - have a beer because it's done you no harm..!!

So, are the plans still on-track for Friday..?? Is it "drinks on Mark" on Friday night..??

Nicola & Andrew: I do hope the sale continues to progress smoothly. How did the second viewing go yesterday? Interested, I hope.
UB40 at Perth Zoo, eh..?? Well, I guess that a setting as beautiful as that could make even them sound good..!!

BM615: Hi Bryan. Settled in well? I bet the trials of getting there are a distant memory now. That air-freight deal sounds good. Who did you use..??

PJ&B: Good on ya guys...!!! You did it...!!! Is it today that you arrive in Perth..? Come on now, get your priorities sorted out... never mind checking out the beach - get yourselves on here and file your first "on location report"...!!!

Jules: When you setting off..? Today..? WOW..!! Good luck. Enjoy HK and giz a shout when you hit Oz. All the best. BTW, we've now adopted your motto: "If in doubt, chuck it out".

Midlife: Hey Sheila... wow... living the life... it sounds AWESOME. Keep us posted of your on-going adventures in tropical QLD.

Bengyboo: Come on mate... you're shirking your responsibilities... you're supposed to be on here winding us all up about how perfect life is down-under - keeping the dream alive for all us miserable, cold poms left here..!!

steveyp: How's the pool shop going mate..? Swimmingly, I hope (sorry..!)

Pasha: G'day my Canadian friends... what's happening..? Have you closed that deal on your business yet..? Give us a shout and let us know how you are - you're being missed.

Boogie65: Hey Chrissy, don't worry, you'll be on your QLD girls night out with Sheila before you know it - the time will fly after Christmas.

Foxy: Hey Foxy and Chic... how's things? Hope you and yours are doing ok.

Oldfolk: It's gonna happen... keep dreaming..!!

To all you other 163'ers out there, sorry if you didn't get a personal mention - you know I luv ya really..!!
Keep smiling... stay focused... don't let anyone steal your dream..!!

Rogue xx
Nice one Rogue, but what about you? What about those peeps whoe were interested in your house and the part exchange thingy - any news?

You're right about staying focused - Stu has now propped our little Sunshine Coast picture book upright on my printer cos that's exactly what he says - stay focused - it's all about Oz! What a beautiful view I have now while sitting at my desk

All the best to everyone
Chrissy
x
Old Nov 16th 2005, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone

I'm glad to see you are all still around.

Hi Chrissy and Nicola, its lovely to hear from you.

Chrissy, we did get 40 kilos per person when we flew out with Emirates. It was a good job as we still managed to go over. We had 10 cases but they were very good and let us through with no charge.

It will be great when you come out here. Don't worry about schools, they really are so friendly. My youngest is now saying he wants to stay here forever.You just need to remember if you want Mountain Creek primary School you will have to live in the catchment area. If you want me to look at rentals or areas etc let me know. I realise now that we we very lucky as our house is not in the area, but because our eldest had got a place at the high school they gave us an exemption.

Better go now ,good luck with your sales etc. You'll all be in the sun soon....

Love

Sheila
Hi Sheila

You were getting your broadband sorted today weren't you? Or was it yesterday now for you .... hope it all went well

Thanks so much for the offer of looking around for us - might just take you up on that nearer the time.

We've just been watching on telly the "World Most Poisonous Places" and yep, good old Oz featured very heavily and was indeed number 1 (as well as being number 4, 5 and 7 !!! and that wasn't even counting the Mozzies !

Keep happy everyone
Chrissy
x
Old Nov 16th 2005, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader

don't let anyone steal your dream..!!

Rogue xx
Hi RT - we are slow to settle in, maybe it's an age thing. Having problems finding the right home to buy - obviously the area we want is in great demand, short supply and prices are soaring. Sod's law isn't it?? We are 3 weeks into our 6 week lease and hoping we can find somewhere to let long term to give us time to find something to buy.

We used a company called 5 star freight - they fly out freight with Emirates and Cathay - it was great deal, solved the problem of taking important things like the printer, joyce's steam iron and pictures to help us feel at home. I can pm their contact details if you want.

Bryan
Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Good to hear from Rogue, as usual you manage to put us all in order!!

Life here is still going very well. Only one problem, we are still not on line lol...They said the modem should be posted out anyday, so we hope to be online by the weekend. So I'm still here in the library using the internet.

Good tip for you all, the library only charges $1 for 30mins to go online. The internet cafe charges $2.50. Its also a great place to visit. My son had ordered the latest books and it has lots of activites going on. Preschool groups singing here every morning and toys to borrow. Join up quick, its free!!.

We are also going to join the surf club later. It overlooks the beach in Mooloolaba and has a great view. The drinks and food are cheap and you can even catch a free bus which comes to your home to collect you all so you can both drink!! There is a play area for the young ones so everyone is happy!

I'm meeting more people everyday and gradually learning all about the area. All the brits we have met do say the same thing. You must be really careful before signing any business deal with the aussies. There are a lot of scarey stories of how brits have been ripped off and many have gone home.

I'm sure you lot wont be fooled into anything dodgy, but just be aware.

Better go now, Speak to you all soon.

best wishes

Sheila
Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:13 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

Great to see you back and posting RT, right where you belong, and as Sheila said, putting us all back in order!

Our viewing for Tuesday cancelled! ARGH! He was sooo keen, but then decided he didnt like the area! ( we should have told him that the local Indian gives free brandies!).

However, our slow....... slow....... slow..... buyers have this morning instructed a valuation to be done (only took 6 flippin weeks! ) so hopefully things may start moving forward, bit by bit!!!

Hi Sheila, great info re: libraries etc... and surf club - are you going to learn to surf? I really fancy that, it would be hilarious!

Hi Bryan, where are you looking to buy? lots of luck finding the right place!

Hi Chrissie, I just darent watch those kind of shows! :scared:

So, RT, any news your end??

Have a nice day everyone!

Nicola
x
Old Nov 18th 2005, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Hi Bryan, where are you looking to buy? lots of luck finding the right place!

Nicola
x
we wannabe in Floreat, but then, it seems, so does everyone else. Good properties go on the first day on the market - unbelievable - no time to consider or compare. We missed a great one - it was probably a little over our budget - but it was nice!

We really want to be fairly close to town, but the prices and the older properties may force us out further.

Our first rental is only for 6 weeks - so we're looking for a more permanent rental for 6 months to give us time to find the right home - a bit of breathing space and time to enjoy the summer. Mind you the rental market is booming as well - all the best ones go quickly.

AAh well, back to work, then a wonderful hot weekend of house hunting to look forward to!!

All the best,

Bryan
Old Nov 18th 2005, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Well, not long before I can move to the next stage, can't submit State sponsorship until we do our very last completion accounts which is 10 days away, then I will be an employee, which will feel very strange I can tell you.

On a side note it might be an idea to get an up to date picture on everyone;

Mark & Jill: almost sold business, not sold house, almost ready to submit SS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.