business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Aug 12th 2007, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by julesandco
Thanks for the advice, but we've already put a deposit on one. We're just waiting for the house to finish before the builders let anyone on site - if they EVER finish!

I'm hoping that the kids will want to hang around for a while as they are still quite young. As you say, time will tell whether its a good investment, or a white elephant.

How's things with you? Have you all settled? Do the kids like it? Hope everything is panning out for you.

Jules x
If you heat it you'll use it.... and thats not me saying that for my own selfish ends!
Ours gets used daily, a sharp contrast to the freezing pool in our old rental that never did.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

STOP PRESS!!!!!!!!!!!

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE NO LONGER ON A 163

PR was granted today, that's right we made it.... first of the 163ers.
It can work... It does happen.... all of you 163ers and potential 163ers out there take heart.
It has been a really long journey but ultimately worth it.
Steve

</IMG>
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:17 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveyp
STOP PRESS!!!!!!!!!!!

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

It can work... It does happen.... all of you 163ers and potential 163ers out there take heart.
Steve

</IMG>
Fan-blooming-tastic!!!

Now get on the phone the Centerlink

Congratulations!!!

Jules x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:56 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

STOP PRESS!!!!!!!!!!!

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

</IMG>

Well done Steve - thats fab news!!!

Nicola
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Fan-blooming-tastic!!!

Now get on the phone the Centerlink

Congratulations!!!

Jules x
Thanks! but no dole for 2 years for new residents!
Citizenship next step, 12 months to go.
Steve
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:20 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! but no dole for 2 years for new residents!
Citizenship next step, 12 months to go.
Steve
Aren't we entitled to any child care allowance then once we're PR???

Gulp. Was counting on that

Jules x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Aren't we entitled to any child care allowance then once we're PR???

Gulp. Was counting on that

Jules x
I didnt know it existed here... like the UK one you mean?
Cheers
Steve
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:47 am

I didnt know it existed here... like the UK one you mean?
Cheers
Steve
Yeah. It's means tested and you can get quite a considerable amount off of childcare costs (maybe your kids are too old for this to be a worry), but we are paying $50 per day for our youngest in daycare - this can go down to like $12 AND you can get tax relief on this too.

No wonder all the kids are shoved in there regardless of whichever lurgy they have. If I could offload my 4 year old from 8.30 - 5.30 for $12, I'd be laughing!

Oh well. Didn't come here for handouts..... must keep repeating through gritted teeth

Jules x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

STOP PRESS!!!!!!!!!!!

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

</IMG>

Congratulations Steve

We are jusr starting to put our application together since our 2 years is up on 26th October. Let's hope ours goes as well.

bryan & joyce
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BM615
Congratulations Steve

We are jusr starting to put our application together since our 2 years is up on 26th October. Let's hope ours goes as well.

bryan & joyce
Good luck Bryan,
The SBDC sponsorship took ages and I had to put a different accounting period into DIMIA than I used for the SBDC.
The accounts must be full and no more than 3 months old when you file with DIMIA...
If you need an advice with the application give me a shout.... now that I am an old hand!
Cheers
Steve
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

STOP PRESS!!!!!!!!!!!

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

</IMG>
Hiya Steve

That's really good news - you must be stoked!

We still have a way to go, but our 2nd year starts in December so we want to make sure we get everything right from then on - that's the year that really counts right? It's 2 full years trading figures and at least 8 BAS - is that right?

Anyway, congrats again.

Best wishes

Chrissy
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BM615
Congratulations Steve

bryan & joyce

Good luck with that Bryan & Joyce - I bet you can't wait to get the application in.

Best wishes

Chrissy
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

STOP PRESS!!!!!!!!!!!

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

</IMG>
Congratulations Steve!! Well done, what a relief for you all!!

We are very jealous... it must be great being a permanent resident. Something we can only dream of as we haven't even started a business yet!

Best wishes

Sheila
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boogie65
Hiya Steve

That's really good news - you must be stoked!

We still have a way to go, but our 2nd year starts in December so we want to make sure we get everything right from then on - that's the year that really counts right? It's 2 full years trading figures and at least 8 BAS - is that right?

Anyway, congrats again.

Best wishes

Chrissy
Thanks for everyones kind words.....

Chrissy,

For your sponsors you need 8 BAS statements and a P&L and balance sheet.
DIMIA require 8 BAS and the accounts for the previous 12 months, these should be under 3 months old at the time of filing. I.e it you only have to do the turnover criteria in the 12 months prior to filing, it does not matter how you perform in the previous year.
You must have the $200k + gst turnover but you can have EITHER the one employee or assets of $75k in the business. Although we had both it was less work to prove the assets.
If you know you will be going down the employee route make sure every employee is a PR or citizen and get their passport photocopied and witnessed and get a wages book and get them to sign for their hours.
My advise is keep everything, they wanted me to evidence my 'management' of my business, I did this through signed orders, supplier testimonial, email transcripts etc. try to get invoices to the business bare your name too.
The main thing to remember is that if you do everything right and meet the criteria the system is exceptionally fair.

We must all have a 163 meet up this year, Sundays in Kings Park are good for me!

Steve
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for everyones kind words.....

Chrissy,

For your sponsors you need 8 BAS statements and a P&L and balance sheet.
DIMIA require 8 BAS and the accounts for the previous 12 months, these should be under 3 months old at the time of filing. I.e it you only have to do the turnover criteria in the 12 months prior to filing, it does not matter how you perform in the previous year.
You must have the $200k + gst turnover but you can have EITHER the one employee or assets of $75k in the business. Although we had both it was less work to prove the assets.
If you know you will be going down the employee route make sure every employee is a PR or citizen and get their passport photocopied and witnessed and get a wages book and get them to sign for their hours.
My advise is keep everything, they wanted me to evidence my 'management' of my business, I did this through signed orders, supplier testimonial, email transcripts etc. try to get invoices to the business bare your name too.
The main thing to remember is that if you do everything right and meet the criteria the system is exceptionally fair.

We must all have a 163 meet up this year, Sundays in Kings Park are good for me!

Steve
Hi Steve

Thanks for the advice - it's very sound I'm sure. Out of interest, hasn't the criteria changed slightly in that they may possibly waive the turnover criteria if "exceptional circumstances" (see below):

Annual turnover
Your main business (or two main businesses together), had a turnover of at least $200,000 in the 12 months immediately before you apply.
See: Definitions

"This may not apply if you meet all of the following conditions:

you met at least two of the three requirements above (Net Business Assets, Net personal and business assets, Provided employment)
the appropriate State/Territory authority has determined there are exceptional circumstances
both your business and residence is located in a designated regional or low growth area" (which ours is at the moment!)

What they would consider "exceptional circumstances" is the mystery, and how far away from the turnover would they allow you to be is the question too! Once we know what we've done for this first year and can see where we stand, I might ask the people in Brisbane. But for now, we'll continue to work our butts off everyday to make sure we meet as many criteria as we possibly can!

Thanks again

Chrissy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.