Wikiposts

business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:24 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by wildmark
Myself, Jill and the rugrats look forward to seeing veryone attending the Italian meal tonight in tropical Colne!
Hey Mark...

How's your voice holding up after singing to yourself all the way to Bournemouth and back yesterday...?

You should have hooked up with the Helium Kid (he's in Bournemouth) - he could have talked you through the finer points of securing QLD sponsorship now that he's got his. Any progress your end..?

See you later.
Rogue.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:33 am
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boogie65
Hope all of you that are attending have a lovely evening tonight - hopefully for the next one we can join in too have one for me

Best wishes
Chrissy
Cheers Chrissy - will do..!!

Planning on sharing the driving with Sarah (to be fair)...
Gonna suggest that I'll drive there and she can drive back... I'll see what she thinks..!!

See ya..!!
Rogue
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Hey Mark...

How's your voice holding up after singing to yourself all the way to Bournemouth and back yesterday...?

You should have hooked up with the Helium Kid (he's in Bournemouth) - he could have talked you through the finer points of securing QLD sponsorship now that he's got his. Any progress your end..?

See you later.
Rogue.

600 miles there and back (10 hours driving) and I have come to the conclusion I am a crap singer!

I also had lots of time to think and solve many of the countries problems, more when I have had a few drinks!!!!

Mark
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Cheers Chrissy - will do..!!

Planning on sharing the driving with Sarah (to be fair)...
Gonna suggest that I'll drive there and she can drive back... I'll see what she thinks..!!

See ya..!!
Rogue

That's funny I had the same idea..GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!!!!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:21 am
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by wildmark
That's funny I had the same idea..GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!!!!
SORTED
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

SORTED
Guess what .......

...... it's gonna be the same in our household too!!

See you in a couple hours

FC
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:41 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Boogie65
Hope all of you that are attending have a lovely evening tonight - hopefully for the next one we can join in too have one for me

Best wishes
Chrissy
Hi Mr Vallie here. We had a message from ASA, our immigration agents today saying a) our CO is appointed - yippee and b) she has requested more information - boo.
One of the things asked is 'documentation to substantiate that you have maintained direct and continuous involvement in the management of the business from day to day and in making decisions affecting overal direction and performance of the business'
As we have a small hotel, we run almost on a 24/7 basis and don't have the need or the time to have monthly meetings and minutes regarding the business, all decisions are done ad hoc. Has anyone been in this situation and if so what documentation did they provide? We could provide 104 identical timesheets covering the last 2 years!
Anyway, have a great time tonight and drink loads (unless your medicals are soon - like ours)!
Cheers
Andrew
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by foxychic
Guess what .......

...... it's gonna be the same in our household too!!

See you in a couple hours

FC
Have a great time guys! Dont drink too much, it is only Tuesday after all.

Don't forget to report back first thing tomorrow. I will be expecting a full and detailed report from you!!!

Cheers! Have one for me.

SX
Old Sep 20th 2005, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Hi Mr Vallie here. We had a message from ASA, our immigration agents today saying a) our CO is appointed - yippee and b) she has requested more information - boo.
One of the things asked is 'documentation to substantiate that you have maintained direct and continuous involvement in the management of the business from day to day and in making decisions affecting overal direction and performance of the business'
As we have a small hotel, we run almost on a 24/7 basis and don't have the need or the time to have monthly meetings and minutes regarding the business, all decisions are done ad hoc. Has anyone been in this situation and if so what documentation did they provide? We could provide 104 identical timesheets covering the last 2 years!
Anyway, have a great time tonight and drink loads (unless your medicals are soon - like ours)!
Cheers
Andrew
Hi Andrew, well done on getting your CO appointed. Things really will start moving quickly now.

Sorry to hear about the additional info. I'm afraid I cant help you as I had nothing to do with our business plan, although I do remember our agent drawing our attention to this point.

Paul is back on Thursday so if you haven't had a response from the others by then I will let you know what he did.

Cheers

Sheila
Old Sep 20th 2005, 5:08 am
Aussie Citizen

Cheers
Andrew
Blimey Andrew...

That's a toughie.... the only thing that comes immediately to mind is, as you've already mentioned, minutes of meetings etc. Any general Directors' resolutions would not show a "direct and continuous involvement". Perhaps a sworn statement would suffice? Or references from regular guests..? I would be inclined to email the CO to enquire as to what evidence would be acceptable. Ours was always very helpful throughout this stage in the process.

By the way: Wooo-Hooo...!! Congratulations on getting a CO - things are certainly heading in the right direction... as least this query shows that your case is being processed..!!

All the best,
RT.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 5:11 am
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Have a great time guys! Dont drink too much, it is only Tuesday after all.

Don't forget to report back first thing tomorrow. I will be expecting a full and detailed report from you!!!

Cheers! Have one for me.

SX
Cheers Sheila...

I generally don't drink mid-week.....
.....although strictly speaking, mid-week is just Wednesday...!!!

Right, better rush now... got some to do..!!

Rogue.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:09 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Blimey Andrew...

That's a toughie.... the only thing that comes immediately to mind is, as you've already mentioned, minutes of meetings etc. Any general Directors' resolutions would not show a "direct and continuous involvement". Perhaps a sworn statement would suffice? Or references from regular guests..? I would be inclined to email the CO to enquire as to what evidence would be acceptable. Ours was always very helpful throughout this stage in the process.

By the way: Wooo-Hooo...!! Congratulations on getting a CO - things are certainly heading in the right direction... as least this query shows that your case is being processed..!!

All the best,
RT.
Ta Sheila, and RT - good ideas there, thanks!

Have a fab night tonight all of you, put the world to rights!!!

I might just have to have a glass of wine tonight (just to show my support and committment to the 163'ers of course!!!)

Nicola
x
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers
Andrew
Hi Andrew

Congrats on getting a CO at last.

We were asked the same question by our CO. As Peter owns a Shop fitting Co, they wanted to be clear that he was running the business rather than working hands on.

We supplied a letter from our Accountant, basically wording it exactly how they put it 'that you maintain a direct and continuous involvement BLAH BLAH, and that you are actively involved in the management of the business. They need firm confirmation that you are manging the business more than 50% of your day. We also got a few Clients to write letters involving contract deals, project management on site, meetings attended. That seemed to do the trick.

Different type of business I know, suggestions given by our CO were letters from Accountant, Bank Manager, Clients, Signed Contracts and Minutes of Meetings.

Good Luck

Bernie

Last edited by PJ & B; Sep 20th 2005 at 11:15 am.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

Hope you all had a good time tonight. Shame we couldnt make it.

Take care

Bernie
Old Sep 20th 2005, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PJ & B
Hi Guys

Hope you all had a good time tonight. Shame we couldnt make it.

Take care

Bernie

A good time was had by all I hope!

Possibly good news....We had a call this morning from a gentleman that lives in a cottage not far from our home who stated that there are a small group of wild cats living in out buildings on his land and when Jill show'd him a photo of our cat he took one look and said "that's him" jill looked around but could not see anything, he suggested that she come back with the kids tonight and look around, he said they have a great time as there is an abundance of wildlife, great shelter in huge half broken down out buildings they leave dozens of half eaten birds, rat's etc on his drive every morning and sleep all day long...sounds like the bugger is having a fantastic time (if it is him), i'll ring his bloody neck!!!

Will let you know how she gets on tonight!

Mark

Last edited by wildmark; Sep 20th 2005 at 10:16 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.