AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Barney99 will become famous soon enoughBarney99 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

yep Paul, that's it - your right!
posted application 16/8 and heard nothing! We know it's there, OZ post tracked it for us and it arrived on the 23rd I think.
No monies on credit card & no pre ack.
Andy is laid back about it but I am getting really anxious, thought we'd be well on our way to getting CO by now & possibly arranging medicals etc but no.
Were hoping to be headed out to Adelaide May/June 08 time but that looks quite unrealistic now as our envelope is still sat, unopened, on someones desk.
I should have know something like this would happen, I always choose the wrong queue at the supermarket!
I hadn't looked at the September time lines until last night as I presummed - wrongly! that they would be way behind - my heart sank, it's SO unfair.
Anyone else feeling like this?
Liz & Andy - 136 modl
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

DOH!!!!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:54 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Smile Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Stressed out so sent an email to the general skilled queue on the DIMA website and got this answer:

UPDATE FOR APPLICATIONS LODGED BEFORE 1 SEPTEMBER 2007

A large surge in applications received in August 2007 has resulted
in delays in getting offshore applications lodged during that
month receipted and acknowledged.

Every effort is being made to receipt these as quickly as possible
and all remaining applications are now expected to be receipted
by 31 December 2007.
The ASPC expects acknowledgement letters to be forwarded to these
applicants between 1 January 2008 and 15 February 2008.

A bit of hope that the rest of us Augustees should be hearing something soon
Old Dec 18th 2007, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Barney99 will become famous soon enoughBarney99 will become famous soon enough

Irish Gal!
Thanks for that, really was starting to panic. Will try to put it out of my mind for another couple of weeks.
If nothing by 31/12 does anyone know how to get in touch with them to see whats going on?
Cheers Liz
Old Dec 18th 2007, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Barney99
Irish Gal!
Thanks for that, really was starting to panic. Will try to put it out of my mind for another couple of weeks.
If nothing by 31/12 does anyone know how to get in touch with them to see whats going on?
Cheers Liz
We are still waiting as well, it is so frustrating, not even knowing if our application has made it to Adelaide, have just checked out the thread for current processing times and it states that all pre September 1st appliants have had a pre-acknowledgement sent- well I am still waiting, agent does asure us that our application was signed for, but can't help feeling abit worried.

Anyone else still waiting a pre-acknowledgement or do you think we may go straight to full acknowledgement?

Nicky
Old Dec 18th 2007, 1:50 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Wink Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Irish Gal!
Cheers Liz
Well, I'm probably going to ring them if I haven't heard by the 2nd/3rd January. I sent them a general enquiry asking them if I would have heard by now if I didn't make the cut i.e. missed the Sept 1st deadline.

In one way, I think it would be a blessing in disguise cos I could apply online. This seems to be WAY faster.

So hard to wait isn't it All I want for Christmas is my pre-ack!!!
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future

They have stated that everyone pre September 2007 should receive a pre-acknowledgement by end of this month so I would just wait... if no word by early Jan then I would call...
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Well, I'm probably going to ring them if I haven't heard by the 2nd/3rd January. I sent them a general enquiry asking them if I would have heard by now if I didn't make the cut i.e. missed the Sept 1st deadline.

In one way, I think it would be a blessing in disguise cos I could apply online. This seems to be WAY faster.

So hard to wait isn't it All I want for Christmas is my pre-ack!!!
How did you send your application? The date it is signed for is the date they take it as having your application in. Do you have the tracking number from a courier to see what date it got there?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:16 am
Just Joined

Sallyp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all phoned DIMA last monday night (10th) they said money gone but application been sent to invalids dept. cos they haven't got TRA from us, told them we were waiting for file number to send it in and the very nice lady gave me file number straight away (least we know we are in the system). Now got a file number want to go for medicals but OH says to wait for CO, am getting too impatient and he seems to be really chilled about it all
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:38 am
Oh, George.....

Smile Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by TMRE
How did you send your application? The date it is signed for is the date they take it as having your application in. Do you have the tracking number from a courier to see what date it got there?
I naively posted it as regular mail as I post things regularly to Oz and usually takes less than a week. That's why we're not sure if it got there on time. Left Ireland on the 24th so SHOULD have hit the office before the 31st August....

That's why I have been panicking a bit. My only consolation is that they started working on applications received post Sept 1st in October so I should know by now if its gonna be rejected.

What do ye think?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:38 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mOZzy
good morning my fellow waiting friends

so how are things with everyone? any more news?

reading back the list we have is now (for preack)

gonnago
irish gal
shabee
sarskis
vickys
Sallyp
Ozzy Fever
barney99

please correct me if someone wants off

and yes! i'd like a place to chat amongst us once we all have sailed off into the sunshine

re sept applicants: i was well, quite mad first when they moved forward ahead of everyone else but now i don't even read it anymore. it doesn't help either one of us and that's just how it is .... we WILL get there

add me please
Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:22 pm
Are we there yet ?

uk 4 oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Hi,

fingers crossed the remaining augustees get their pre-acks prior to christmas, it would be a nice christmas present. I keep checking the august timeline for progress:
www.beupdate.co.uk/visa.php?month=Aug&year=07
there is one person on there who now has a moved onto the next stage this month so hopefully we should start to see more movement for us all in the beginning of the new year.

Merry christmas to you all

Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:26 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

yep Paul, that's it - your right!
posted application 16/8 and heard nothing! We know it's there, OZ post tracked it for us and it arrived on the 23rd I think.
No monies on credit card & no pre ack.
Andy is laid back about it but I am getting really anxious, thought we'd be well on our way to getting CO by now & possibly arranging medicals etc but no.
Were hoping to be headed out to Adelaide May/June 08 time but that looks quite unrealistic now as our envelope is still sat, unopened, on someones desk.
I should have know something like this would happen, I always choose the wrong queue at the supermarket!
I hadn't looked at the September time lines until last night as I presummed - wrongly! that they would be way behind - my heart sank, it's SO unfair.
Anyone else feeling like this?
Liz & Andy - 136 modl

I don't even go near the sept timeline it's just too depressing to read.
best of luck to all still waiting on pre ack and merry christmas to everyone
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paul30
I don't even go near the sept timeline it's just too depressing to read.
best of luck to all still waiting on pre ack and merry christmas to everyone
I spoke to my agent yesterday as we have still not heard anything, our application reached Oz on 3 July but because the correct fee was not included it was returned,it was then re-sent on 13 August our agent says that all applicants that have the wrong fee or incorrect credit card details have been put in another pile and will be dealt with later, our medicals run out end of July so asked agent if she thought that our visa would be granted by then and she says that judging by the backlog she is very doubtful. Can't help feeling very angry as it was our agent that advised us what the visa fee was, but because it arrived after 1st july the new fee applied, so it looks like we may have to re-do our medicals again - more money:curse:
Old Dec 19th 2007, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

perth bound is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
I spoke to my agent yesterday as we have still not heard anything, our application reached Oz on 3 July but because the correct fee was not included it was returned,it was then re-sent on 13 August our agent says that all applicants that have the wrong fee or incorrect credit card details have been put in another pile and will be dealt with later, our medicals run out end of July so asked agent if she thought that our visa would be granted by then and she says that judging by the backlog she is very doubtful. Can't help feeling very angry as it was our agent that advised us what the visa fee was, but because it arrived after 1st july the new fee applied, so it looks like we may have to re-do our medicals again - more money:curse:
I don't blame you for feeling angry, I would be going mad. The waiting is so stressful. Hope it all gets sorted. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.