Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Ive just got back from my medical in Taunton, it was fine! I was so worried but amazingly, even my blood pressure was normal!! I hope ive not got carried away and done it far too early. I booked it months ago when i thought things might have moved along a bit more than they have!! Oh well, all done now. I even starved myself of alcohol for two weeks, so guess what im doing tonight!!??
Anyway, just to let any of you worrying about medicals know, its fine!! Not scary at all!!
Bobbie XOXOXO
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

Hi bobbie,glad it went ok for ya, my med was fine, apart from slightly raised BP, has happened before a couple of times, meant i had to go for full heart echocardiogram and treadmill tests, another 650 quid gone............................Wouldnt mind but I was flying out to Zambia that afternoon so was stressed anyway, but gotta do as youre told i s'posehope it was worth it
Old Dec 13th 2007, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice

Originally Posted by chris1386
Hi bobbie,glad it went ok for ya, my med was fine, apart from slightly raised BP, has happened before a couple of times, meant i had to go for full heart echocardiogram and treadmill tests, another 650 quid gone............................Wouldnt mind but I was flying out to Zambia that afternoon so was stressed anyway, but gotta do as youre told i s'posehope it was worth it
£650!!! Jesus!! I'm glad i didnt know that before i went! Where you heading? Do you think we're ever really going to get there!!??
Old Dec 13th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

You know what, its weird but now were in the system ive sort of shut off a bit, christmas taking my mind off it a little, but im really focused on march, cos thats when we go for 3 weeks,for a holiday and recce, just finished our open water diver course for the barrier reef, so well excited now.We'll get there eventually, the best things in life are worth waiting for or so they say.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

For those of you out there worrying try not to, this time next year we'll all be sat on a beach or chillin out however you choose to with a lovely cold drink in your hands. The process itself takes forever and we all have times when we wonder whether it's actually going to happen at all. Bobby you will get there and it will be worth waiting for as some have already said. Christmas is coming and it's the last cold one you are going to have for a few years anyway. We're looking at next summer for he visa's at the very latest hopefully. Keep smiling and try not to worry too much
Old Dec 14th 2007, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Well said Vicky, another prestonian seeing the light .
Old Dec 14th 2007, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by vickys
For those of you out there worrying try not to, this time next year we'll all be sat on a beach or chillin out however you choose to with a lovely cold drink in your hands. The process itself takes forever and we all have times when we wonder whether it's actually going to happen at all. Bobby you will get there and it will be worth waiting for as some have already said. Christmas is coming and it's the last cold one you are going to have for a few years anyway. We're looking at next summer for he visa's at the very latest hopefully. Keep smiling and try not to worry too much

Very true ....what a great thought....xmas in the sun
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Be nice to think us August applicants could have a little place/thread on British Expats where we can all keep in touch both in England and Australia. We have all witnessed each others stress, strains, highs and lows and it would be a shame to lose contact once we get Down Under.

Some lovely couples on here!

Last edited by ianbrown; Dec 15th 2007 at 2:00 am. Reason: SPELLING
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:33 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
Be nice to think us August applicants could have a little place/thread on British Expats where we can all keep in touch both in England and Australia. We have all witnessed each others stress, strains, highs and lows and it would be a shame to lose contact once we get Down Under.

sounds like a good idea
Old Dec 15th 2007, 9:26 am
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Originally Posted by babyboo2101

I think it would be a great idea.

Mary
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:14 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Just to let you all know our aplication was recieved 30/08/2007 and we have had our money debited and recieved pre-acknowledgement. Does this mean we still have to wait for a file reference number??
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:17 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

oh and can anyone tell me where the spreadsheet has gone ??
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Hi there. Yes, you need to wait for your formal acknowledgement letter, which will let you know the file reference number.

Anne.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

tota7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi;

Got pre-ack this week. It says to wait 12 weeks more for ful ack. Can you guess when will be the CO allocation for August 30 applicants ? This is to prepare tentative time for PCC and Meds. I am thinking to do PCC and Meds in July first week. This means 12 weeks more for mail delivery and LCC processing. It might reach to CO in Sept, 2008 (Assuming CO allocation in Aug/Sep 2008). Will it be late ??? It is just to avoid repeating medical and PCC. I am from high risk country. Can anyone of similar timelines and high risk country share your plan?
Thanks.

Originally Posted by AHamm
Hi there. Yes, you need to wait for your formal acknowledgement letter, which will let you know the file reference number.

Anne.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Acknowledgement will, as you say, be at least 12 weeks. After that there's really no knowing how long it will take to get a case officer, and how long it will take the case officer to get around to looking at your application. I suggest waiting until the case officer requests the medicals and police checks, then you know they won't expire and you'll also have plenty of time left to pack up and come to Australia after the visa is granted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.