April 2008 Applicants

Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by De Mange
Update re Meds -

Medicals arrived by courier in Sydney on 8 September.

30 September - theres half a dozen or so lines saying 'received' and one at the top saying 'medicals finalised'.

So - 3 weeks to process.

Keep the faith Tiger and others who have meds sitting somewhere in a NSW lab.
CONGRATULATIONS on getting your MEDS through!

Wow, 8 Sept - and just now processed! 3 weeks!

Which explains why I found - no change. So if it's 3 weeks - I should see them processed this week for sure
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Unofficial Visa Update
After a RECORD Week 2 weeks ago, it appears ASPC is taking a while to gear up!

30 September Tuesday - DS's 8th Birthday!
ZERO
1 for THIS WEEK

Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

bumble69 will become famous soon enoughbumble69 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by snoo
Hi Bumble....I've just started a thread about this very issue...we too are 176
(family)...and submitted 24th April....got a c/o 24th Sept...been asked for extra (simple) info (that actually the agent is at fault for not uploading!)
When I've asked our agent how long it will be (approx) until we hear from the c/o again....we were told 'it could be MONTHS!!'.....WHAT!?! Surely the C/O wants the application done and dusted and off their desk? Well I've started a new thread asking people what their experiences off this are...so come and post your experience Bumble!
Lisa,xx
To be honest, I think most of the time the only timescale people will give is the published 12 months from application - for 2 reasons really - 1) they don't want to be seen to commit to anything else 2) everyones app is different and so different parameters affect them which means it's not possible to say until DIAC have looked at the application, by which time you've got a decision.....

In terms of agents, I can't fault mine to be honest, they answer my questions and upload my documents.... They seem pretty nice too ..

I haven't asked them to comment on how long it takes to issue a visa, as really I'm quite relaxed about it all. It'll happen when it happens, and in the meantime my life goes on. I still have to go to work, pay the bills, kick the cat etc etc and until I have the visa I'm not making any plans or getting wound up about it. I guess it just works better for me that way....

Last edited by bumble69; Sep 30th 2008 at 1:06 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bumble69
To be honest, I think most of the time the only timescale people will give is the published 12 months from application - for 2 reasons really - 1) they don't want to be seen to commit to anything else 2) everyones app is different and so different parameters affect them which means it's not possible to say until DIAC have looked at the application, by which time you've got a decision.....

In terms of agents, I can't fault mine to be honest, they answer my questions and upload my documents.... They seem pretty nice too ..

I haven't asked them to comment on how long it takes to issue a visa, as really I'm quite relaxed about it all. It'll happen when it happens, and in the meantime my life goes on. I still have to go to work, pay the bills, kick the cat etc etc and until I have the visa I'm not making any plans or getting wound up about it. I guess it just works better for me that way....

I think that's healthy!

I used to be like that - until we decide we are going to rent the house to this family......Now I'm much more anxious to get going.

Since I can't do anything about the VISA process, I'm getting ready at home!
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

bumble69 will become famous soon enoughbumble69 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tiger222
I think that's healthy!

I used to be like that - until we decide we are going to rent the house to this family......Now I'm much more anxious to get going.

Since I can't do anything about the VISA process, I'm getting ready at home!
Yeah maybe it is.... I haven't even considered selling or renting the house, what to do with the junk I've accumulated over the years or anything yet.... maybe I'm just saving the stress for the 3 months before we go....
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Unofficial Visa Update
After a RECORD Week 2 weeks ago, it appears SOME ASPC COs are on holiday!
Hopefully they'll come back refreshed and ready to GRANT VISAS!!

30 September Tuesday - DS's 8th Birthday!
1 March 2008 Applicant!!
1 Feb 2008 Applicant!!
3 for THIS WEEK

Last edited by tiger222; Sep 30th 2008 at 6:06 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:09 pm
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Hi there

I just got my first email from my CO today requesting further information re OHs job etc. and requesting that we get meds done etc which are already booked for this Friday and as 176 they were asking for proof of relationship to my sponsor - so some positive news!!!

Fingers crossed for everyone else too
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris
Hi there

I just got my first email from my CO today requesting further information re OHs job etc. and requesting that we get meds done etc which are already booked for this Friday and as 176 they were asking for proof of relationship to my sponsor - so some positive news!!!

Fingers crossed for everyone else too
Nice one!! We too are 176 and have been asked for the same info...our c/o is called Malinda I think! We've sent the info so it's just a case of thumb twiddling now!!
x
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

jaq4chop will become famous soon enoughjaq4chop will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tiger222
CONGRATULATIONS on getting your MEDS through!

Wow, 8 Sept - and just now processed! 3 weeks!

Which explains why I found - no change. So if it's 3 weeks - I should see them processed this week for sure
Hi Tiger,

Good luck with getting your meds processed this week. Could I ask you how you have been tracking your meds with HOC? We are paper based so can t track anything on the DIAC website but I am hoping the HOC have a separate system.

Thanks Jaq
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:20 pm
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Thats great Snoo

Do you know I dont know whether to attach the docs to my online app or to email them as attachments they were also requesting our Birth cert and Marriage cert which is already attached to my online form so attaching them again would cause confusion. so may just email all the info??

Can I ask a quick question see the family tree that you need to make I just included my parents/OH parents our brothers and sisters an then down to my kids is that enough?

Anyone??
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

hanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the rough

We are on 176 Family and our agent just told us to show the relationship with those in Australia who were sponsoring us. The relationship is step family so we had to prove my dad and step mum were married and my Step brother is an Australia citizen and illustrate it on a family tree. No one else apart from all those going were required on this little diagram.

Without drawing it out again does that make sense? It didn't need all my husbands family or even my step sister just step mum my dad and me and step brother and my family who will emmigrate with me.

Han
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bumble69
Yeah maybe it is.... I haven't even considered selling or renting the house, what to do with the junk I've accumulated over the years or anything yet.... maybe I'm just saving the stress for the 3 months before we go....

Bumble I admire your laid back atitude, I would like to think that both the OH and me are pretty relaxed about the whole thing too, after all the descision is out of our hands now so there is no point getting stressed about the visa.

Unlike you we have got the house on the market but so far not a sniff of interest.

It would be a great help to our finances to sell but if need be we will rent it out at rock bottom price just to guarantee the rental income.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris
Thats great Snoo

Do you know I dont know whether to attach the docs to my online app or to email them as attachments they were also requesting our Birth cert and Marriage cert which is already attached to my online form so attaching them again would cause confusion. so may just email all the info??

Can I ask a quick question see the family tree that you need to make I just included my parents/OH parents our brothers and sisters an then down to my kids is that enough?

Anyone??
Hi...we emailed them (but to our agent)....and the 'tree'...yes I think the info you've provided was all that we provided.
So it looks like we've been asked for more or less the same info to be provided...it'll be interesting to see how long it takes for your c/o to finish your application then!
Good luck.
Lisa
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jaq4chop
Hi Tiger,

Good luck with getting your meds processed this week. Could I ask you how you have been tracking your meds with HOC? We are paper based so can t track anything on the DIAC website but I am hoping the HOC have a separate system.

Thanks Jaq
I check my status by going to the online - same system. Sorry!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Unofficial Visa Update
After a RECORD Week 2 weeks ago, it appears SOME ASPC COs are on holiday!
Hopefully they'll come back refreshed and ready to GRANT VISAS!!

30 September Tuesday - REVISED!!
1 March 2008 Applicant!!
1 Feb 2008 Applicant!!
1 Feb 2008 Applicant!! My Friend HUNI!!
1 April 2008 Applicant!!

5 for THIS WEEK

Last edited by tiger222; Oct 1st 2008 at 9:54 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.