April 2008 Applicants

Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by bumble69
I've found my rightful place... apparently our app (176 Family sponsored) was submitted in April, not March as I thought (agent doing it, unimportant the reasons behind this confusion)... anyway, we had CO on 11/9 and have just had a further request for info (AFP checks for other half who spent 11.5 months in Oz 5 years ago... the form says get the checks if over a year, so we didn't...).

Would this piece of information be the last bit of the jigsaw or is it now that they start looking at it?? Any ideas?

B
Bumble -

Welcome to the April Thread.

I have seen it where people have info requested of them, retrieve it, then get another request. Or it may be it's the last piece. Let's hope so!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

bumble69 will become famous soon enoughbumble69 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tiger222
Bumble -

Welcome to the April Thread.

I have seen it where people have info requested of them, retrieve it, then get another request. Or it may be it's the last piece. Let's hope so!!
Cheers.. yeah let's hope so - same as your meds!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Cheers.. yeah let's hope so - same as your meds!!
I'm willing it for TONIGHT!

Yeah, like that's new!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

bumble69 will become famous soon enoughbumble69 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, like that's new!
One day you will be right though.... so it's not a futile hope.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:55 am
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Yeah, like that's new!
Hi Tiger,

We are keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Regards

Silverski
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Blackadder is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We lodged our GSM 175 (onshore) Visa application on 10 April 08. We were allocated a CO on 11 September and have just completed the meds. We were advised that they should be with the department next week. Our PCC's were done and submitted in April. The department has advised my lawyer that they only thing required is the Meds. Anyone have any idea how long after that the department makes a decision?

I sympathise with everyone on this forum as this must be the most strenuous process imaginable.

Good luck
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blackadder
Hi,

We lodged our GSM 175 (onshore) Visa application on 10 April 08. We were allocated a CO on 11 September and have just completed the meds. We were advised that they should be with the department next week. Our PCC's were done and submitted in April. The department has advised my lawyer that they only thing required is the Meds. Anyone have any idea how long after that the department makes a decision?

I sympathise with everyone on this forum as this must be the most strenuous process imaginable.

Good luck
Welcome to the April Thread. My understanding is the MEDS done in Australia are sent electronically to HOC - so they might be processed more quickly then those sent via courier.

As for when a decision will be made - that's the $10,000 question! I've seen people get the VISA the next day - and I've seen people wait weeks. It all depends on ?????

You can check out the BE update for some sense of when these things unfold.

Let us know how you get on.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, will keep you posted. I was told last month that it would be another 4-6 months before I would get a CO, however I have now been informed that they have taken on more staff to clear the backlog of applications that have been sitting in the system.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

jaq4chop will become famous soon enoughjaq4chop will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blackadder
Thanks, will keep you posted. I was told last month that it would be another 4-6 months before I would get a CO, however I have now been informed that they have taken on more staff to clear the backlog of applications that have been sitting in the system.
Hi Blackadder,

DIAC taking on more staff is possibly the best news I have heard in months. Lets hope they are all enthusiastic & motivated orkers, or even better people who have migrated to Oz & know what we are all going through!!!!!

Jaq
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

I've found my rightful place... apparently our app (176 Family sponsored) was submitted in April, not March as I thought (agent doing it, unimportant the reasons behind this confusion)... anyway, we had CO on 11/9 and have just had a further request for info (AFP checks for other half who spent 11.5 months in Oz 5 years ago... the form says get the checks if over a year, so we didn't...).

Would this piece of information be the last bit of the jigsaw or is it now that they start looking at it?? Any ideas?

B
Hi Bumble....I've just started a thread about this very issue...we too are 176
(family)...and submitted 24th April....got a c/o 24th Sept...been asked for extra (simple) info (that actually the agent is at fault for not uploading!)
When I've asked our agent how long it will be (approx) until we hear from the c/o again....we were told 'it could be MONTHS!!'.....WHAT!?! Surely the C/O wants the application done and dusted and off their desk? Well I've started a new thread asking people what their experiences off this are...so come and post your experience Bumble!
Lisa,xx
Oh and like I've said before....I'm not really complaining (as it's wonderful just to have the c/o!)...it would have been nice if our agents had got their act together though and not caused this issue in the first place...but HAY-HO...not really a big deal in the wider picture!! I look forward to be complaining that it's 'too bloody hot' very soon..haha!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

This information came from my lawyer, she was not immediately informed that I had been allocated a CO so I suggest everyone check their status and make sure they keep in contact with the department. Things are changing daily

All the best
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Dodge38 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by snoo
Hi Bumble....I've just started a thread about this very issue...we too are 176
(family)...and submitted 24th April....got a c/o 24th Sept...been asked for extra (simple) info (that actually the agent is at fault for not uploading!)
When I've asked our agent how long it will be (approx) until we hear from the c/o again....we were told 'it could be MONTHS!!'.....WHAT!?! Surely the C/O wants the application done and dusted and off their desk? Well I've started a new thread asking people what their experiences off this are...so come and post your experience Bumble!
Lisa,xx
Oh and like I've said before....I'm not really complaining (as it's wonderful just to have the c/o!)...it would have been nice if our agents had got their act together though and not caused this issue in the first place...but HAY-HO...not really a big deal in the wider picture!! I look forward to be complaining that it's 'too bloody hot' very soon..haha!!
Hi there - Well we have applied for a 175 and got our CO on Sept 10th. We were asked to provide more information and that a decision would be made on the information they receive on the 8th October. I would have thought if you have a Co like us, that you have a deadline given to when a decision will be made???

Dodge OH
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Dodge38 will become famous soon enough

Thats only our experience,,but a 176 could be completely different???
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dodge38
Hi there - Well we have applied for a 175 and got our CO on Sept 10th. We were asked to provide more information and that a decision would be made on the information they receive on the 8th October. I would have thought if you have a Co like us, that you have a deadline given to when a decision will be made???

Dodge OH
Hmmmm! Nope! We weren't blessed with that info I'm afraid Dodge! So..not long for you then?? God I bet this is the longest week of your life eh?
Much Love, Lisa
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

De Mange will become famous soon enoughDe Mange will become famous soon enough

Update re Meds -

Medicals arrived by courier in Sydney on 8 September.

30 September - theres half a dozen or so lines saying 'received' and one at the top saying 'medicals finalised'.

So - 3 weeks to process.

Keep the faith Tiger and others who have meds sitting somewhere in a NSW lab.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.