April 2008 Applicants

Old Jul 1st 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by benlast
Ok, I'm officially Mr two-threads, since we're now July 2008 Applicants as well...
What's the current lead time for a 457 Ben? Is it less than the time left on your main Visa application, or is this a belts and braces approach? I'm interested because I got a very slight lead on possible jobs with my current employer's Perth office and wondered if suggesting applying for a 457 would get us there quicker.

What's everybody's current thinking on when us April applicants are looking at? November? December?
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chasmw
What's the current lead time for a 457 Ben? Is it less than the time left on your main Visa application, or is this a belts and braces approach? I'm interested because I got a very slight lead on possible jobs with my current employer's Perth office and wondered if suggesting applying for a 457 would get us there quicker.

What's everybody's current thinking on when us April applicants are looking at? November? December?
Chas -

I'm thinking October/November. Of course we'll know more as the first weeks of July pass and if the August backlog is cleared out.

The 457 can take just a few days - but I'd say about a month on average.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:54 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chasmw
I don't think the lead time on 457s in general is that relevant - mine is being processed in London alongside the SBS (sponsorship) application. I believe the processing time for these is markedly shorter than for general 457 processing in Oz, but on the other hand I've seen some damn short times for 457s where the sponsoring company know what they're doing (my sister-in-law is a nurse and her visa went through in a matter of weeks).

The rationale for doing a 457 is simple: we can't predict the grant time for the 175 application. In order to do all the myriad things that need to be done, we (me plus family as well as employer) need to try and fix some dates; we should be able to do this if the 457 is granted.

If April applications were granted in October/November, as Da Tiger suggests, that'd suit us fine, since we're hoping to get over for mid November!

Cheers
b
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

My count is 3 on August Thread, 2 on November Thread and 2 on October Thread (which includes another forum someone had mentioned). Also a CO assigned to a DECEMBER applicant!!

By my count that's 7 which is 2 more than ALL of June!

I'd say things are MOVING
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:40 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tiger222
My count is 3 on August Thread, 2 on November Thread and 2 on October Thread
Are you watching the BEUpdate CO and Visa dates as well? CO allocations for 175s up to the end of November now, and the most recent 175 grants also for applications at the tail end of November.

Cheers
b
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by benlast
Are you watching the BEUpdate CO and Visa dates as well? CO allocations for 175s up to the end of November now, and the most recent 175 grants also for applications at the tail end of November.

Cheers
b
I'm not watching the BEUpdate - just lurking on the other threads! I did read on the November thread that someone had called and was told that everyone through November 28 had COs (whether they know it or not).

It's exciting times!!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

2nd of July and it's still early but here's the count.

3 Visa Grants from November and 3 Visa Grants from August!!!

I expect to see more over the next few hours (and days!) This is a lot of fun!!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:25 am
Citizen Of The World

From the most recent update email from ASPC processing (ASPC is now 'General Skilled Migration Adelaide' or GSM Adelaide):

The General Skilled Migration (GSM) Brisbane processing centre commenced operations on 1 July 2008. GSM Brisbane are processing electronically lodged applications for Classes VB and VC lodged on or after 1 July 2008.

So there's some new processing power added to the whole system (do I think like an engineer or what?). If I'm right, VB and VC are subclasses: 885, 886, 887, and 487

GSM ADELAIDE PROCESSING INFORMATION - For the week of 1 July 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated to case officers for further processing.

Offshore Skilled visas...
General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas processed by GSM Adelaide: Class VE and VF,
Subclasses: 175, 176, 475, and 476,
E-lodged: 12 November 2007
Paper lodged: 19 September 2007

So officially they've cleared online apps up to 12/11/07.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Dodge38 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: April 2008 Applicants

Morning Everyone....I am watching the BEUpdate lists for CO's & Visas - it is looking good.....Lets hope they get to Galloping speed!!!

YIPEEEEEEEE

DODGE
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

De Mange will become famous soon enoughDe Mange will become famous soon enough

My prediction is April applicants will have COs around late August which basically means they will be working double speed to get through 4 months applications over the next 2 months.

Just a guess tho....

Personally not looking to move down under til next year so I'm not really stressed about it. I would advise others waiting to relax and enjoy their last British summer and the lush green countryside cos theres a good chance you will never see one again.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by De Mange
My prediction is April applicants will have COs around late August which basically means they will be working double speed to get through 4 months applications over the next 2 months.

Just a guess tho....

Personally not looking to move down under til next year so I'm not really stressed about it. I would advise others waiting to relax and enjoy their last British summer and the lush green countryside cos theres a good chance you will never see one again.
A CO in August for April applicants is a bit too optimistic, I fear.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be elated if that were the case.... Just all of December, January, February, and March to go through first....Seems like a lot.

I'm thinking CO in September. Visa October/November.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Yes I agree Tiger...that is the timing I am thinking too. In our heads we would love to be in Aussie by October /November. Living with parents at the mo and I think we are so desperate to begin our new lives and have our own roof over our heads.

Dodge
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

I expect to see more over the next few hours (and days!) This is a lot of fun!!
Another Visa Grant for August! That's 7 today. And 8 Yesterday!! Sure hope the fireworks continue at this pace through the end of the week....When we have Fireworks here in US for our Independence celebrations. I'm especially enjoying them this year - in part because it's our last one
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

My family was in Sarasota Florida in July 2006 for July 4th and we had a fantastic time celebrating with family over there!! Enjoy the celebrations
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dodge38
My family was in Sarasota Florida in July 2006 for July 4th and we had a fantastic time celebrating with family over there!! Enjoy the celebrations
It's one of the best celebrations! There are 2 fireworks memories that I'd like to share:

The fireworks in Washington DC were fabulous! Getting out of there at the end of the celebrations was challenging. Fortunately I didn't have children at the time so just kept walking until the metro stations weren't filled to capacity. It was a warm, breezy, and beautiful night overall!

We were traveling by car through 2 Midwest states on the way home from visiting my MIL on the 4th of July. Every little town had their own set of fireworks and you could see them all going off in the distance at different times along our drive. Like glittering and colorful stars to guide us home by!

I now return you to the VISA Grant Fireworks currently underway!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.