April 2008 Applicants

Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Just checked - MEDS STILL NOT DONE!!

Also received reply to Post Lodgement Query I sent on Monday regarding status of MEDS. They noted that I had gotten my response on the 24th (during the phone call). Then they said current processing times are 03 December 2007, so I have a bit of a wait yet! TRANSLATION - I've been moved to the bottom of the pile!

If things don't change next week (MEDS clear and CO) We'll tell the renter NO and we're not going anywhere until MARCH 2009
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tiger222
Just checked - MEDS STILL NOT DONE!!

Also received reply to Post Lodgement Query I sent on Monday regarding status of MEDS. They noted that I had gotten my response on the 24th (during the phone call). Then they said current processing times are 03 December 2007, so I have a bit of a wait yet! TRANSLATION - I've been moved to the bottom of the pile!

If things don't change next week (MEDS clear and CO) We'll tell the renter NO and we're not going anywhere until MARCH 2009

Have Faith, Tiger, Have Faith....

Good things come to those who wait, and your doing more than your share of waiting.....

I sill believe that the end of next week, beginning of the following week will be your time....you can shoot me down if i'm wrong.... (hypothetically of course!)

What they SAY and what they DO are 2 COMPLETELY different things in Visa Land... We all know this so don't take too much to heart....
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by memewest
Have Faith, Tiger, Have Faith....

Good things come to those who wait, and your doing more than your share of waiting.....

I sill believe that the end of next week, beginning of the following week will be your time....you can shoot me down if i'm wrong.... (hypothetically of course!)

What they SAY and what they DO are 2 COMPLETELY different things in Visa Land... We all know this so don't take too much to heart....
Thanks, Meme

We are really hoping that things come together and SOON!

Next week the MEDS had BETTER clear or I'll be bugging them again - I'm already on the bottom of the pile! Can't get any worse.

Next week Thursday Marks 6 months since we E-Lodged our VISA.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, Meme

We are really hoping that things come together and SOON!

Next week the MEDS had BETTER clear or I'll be bugging them again - I'm already on the bottom of the pile! Can't get any worse.

Next week Thursday Marks 6 months since we E-Lodged our VISA.
Tiger, my MEDs have been in "outstanding" status since last 5 months. I have asked DIAC several times and they said it will change status (perhaps to "finalized") only after I have a CO. However, they confirmed that the MEDs have been received. By the way, last time I wanted to know my status, they told me that I made a similar query on some specific date in the past and repeated queries hamper their ability to deliver efficient (!!!) services to us. Translation... I have been thrown into the bottom of the pile or its just a standard threat to the dissidents. Either way, its not a good news.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by caliburn
Tiger, my MEDs have been in "outstanding" status since last 5 months. I have asked DIAC several times and they said it will change status (perhaps to "finalized") only after I have a CO. However, they confirmed that the MEDs have been received. By the way, last time I wanted to know my status, they told me that I made a similar query on some specific date in the past and repeated queries hamper their ability to deliver efficient (!!!) services to us. Translation... I have been thrown into the bottom of the pile or its just a standard threat to the dissidents. Either way, its not a good news.
Hmmm....that's sounds strange, that the MEDS don't say "finalized" or something other then "outstanding" once they are done.
Anyone else experience this? Where the MEDS were completed but the status didn't change?

I do know that when I called in the 24th I was told the MEDS had not come through.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmm....that's sounds strange, that the MEDS don't say "finalized" or something other then "outstanding" once they are done.
Anyone else experience this? Where the MEDS were completed but the status didn't change?

I do know that when I called in the 24th I was told the MEDS had not come through.
I guess the first status for medicals is "outstanding", next "received" and then "finalized". For one of my family members, it says "received" though all of our medicals were done and sent at the same time. The only conclusion I could reach is what everyone is coming to everyday.... there is no rule in the visaland.

DIAC did an internal staff satisfaction survey some time ago (available on its site). The factor that got the lowest rating was DIAC's public image (if I recall correctly, 83% of the staff did not think that DIAC had a favorable public image). Furthermore, there were also numerous complains regarding other internal processes, systems, incentive structure, organizational flexibility, human resource issues etc. By the way, leadership, or the lack of it, was also on top part of the big negative response list.

The fact that DIAC is not providing consistent services to its clients seems largely due to its own internal organizational and leadership failure. So, what can we do about it? I guess... nothing. Bottomline? Hey, just hang in there, dude..... don't you know the good things come to those who wait.... holy crap.... get a life caliburn.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:55 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by caliburn
By the way, last time I wanted to know my status, they told me that I made a similar query on some specific date in the past and repeated queries hamper their ability to deliver efficient (!!!) services to us. Translation... I have been thrown into the bottom of the pile or its just a standard threat to the dissidents.
Or they want to avoid sending the message that repeatedly calling will help progress an application. If that rumour started spreading they could be inundated. Whether their processes are efficient or not, they'd certainly be negatively affected if every applicant began calling!

No criticism intended of you, Caliburn, or anyone, just an observation.

Cheers
b
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benlast
Or they want to avoid sending the message that repeatedly calling will help progress an application. If that rumour started spreading they could be inundated. Whether their processes are efficient or not, they'd certainly be negatively affected if every applicant began calling!

No criticism intended of you, Caliburn, or anyone, just an observation.

Cheers
b
Very interesting observation indeed!!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Just wanted to say thank you to all those that posted their 'congratulations' for my c/o news....I feel a lickle bit famous now!!
Lisa,x

Last edited by snoo; Sep 26th 2008 at 5:09 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Unofficial Visa Update
After a RECORD Week 2 weeks ago, it appears ASPC is taking a while to gear up!

29 September Monday

1 February 2008 175 Applicant
1 for THIS WEEK

26 September Friday

1 March 2008 176 Applicant
8 for LAST Week

Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Update on our MEDS

20 days at HOC and STILL NOT PROCESSED!!

DH's MEDS arrived 24 September. So a wait there too no doubt.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Welsh Jeff is a jewel in the roughWelsh Jeff is a jewel in the roughWelsh Jeff is a jewel in the roughWelsh Jeff is a jewel in the rough

Hi Tiger
We sent of our meds 6 weeks after we sent in our application (26th April)and they were finalised within 5 working days. We are still waiting for a CO.
Hang in there dude it will al work out..... eventually
X
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unofficial Visa Update
After a RECORD Week 2 weeks ago, it appears ASPC is taking a while to gear up!

29 September Monday

1 February 2008 175 Applicant
1 for THIS WEEK

26 September Friday

1 March 2008 176 Applicant
8 for LAST Week

April thread was not moving much lately. Thanks for starting the update again. Things seem a bit quiet on all fronts nowadays.... ASPC, April thread, Current Processing Time thread etc. Hope this will be a better week.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Welsh Jeff
Hi Tiger
We sent of our meds 6 weeks after we sent in our application (26th April)and they were finalised within 5 working days. We are still waiting for a CO.
Hang in there dude it will al work out..... eventually
X
I feel your pain, Welsh Jeff. Just wish they would Process the MEDS!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

bumble69 will become famous soon enoughbumble69 will become famous soon enough

I've found my rightful place... apparently our app (176 Family sponsored) was submitted in April, not March as I thought (agent doing it, unimportant the reasons behind this confusion)... anyway, we had CO on 11/9 and have just had a further request for info (AFP checks for other half who spent 11.5 months in Oz 5 years ago... the form says get the checks if over a year, so we didn't...).

Would this piece of information be the last bit of the jigsaw or is it now that they start looking at it?? Any ideas?

B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.