April 2008 Applicants

Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Hey guys, just taking a break from the sorting!!

We fly out on 27th, so will see you all soon!!

Perth here we come!!

Mel
xx
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Silverski and Mel -

Exciting times!!! Hope everything gets sorted! You'll each make your flights.

Have a good time at the meet up. I wish someone were coming to visit here in the central coast....

Catherine
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Well guys, like a lot of you now, I can finally see the finish line in sight.

We finally got a tenant for our house confirmed yesterday.
I did my last day in work and got presented with a cork hat and a few other goodies including a handcrafted model of my car that was stolen last month, complete with registration number!
OH does his last day in work tomorrow (Friday). Saturday we have a party for family and friends at my parents house then it's a final round of washing and ironing before we pack our cases. Tuesday will see us dismantling the flatpack furniture that is being shipped (and probably threatening divorce!) before the shippers arrive on Wednesday and Thursday to pack up and ship out.

Then it's off down to London for the weekend before we get on to the big Singapore Airlines bird on 3rd March for a week in Singapore then the onward journey to Melbourne and our new reality.

I think I have chucked out all of our crap but we are bound to be taking some with us. It's too late now. Tomorrow I am going to make our barbeque all sparkly clean for our tenants and clean all of our shoes so they don't upset Aussie customs.

The last 3 months since our visa grant have gone so quickly I have no idea how anyone does it in a month!

Probably see you on the other side....

Charlene and Chris
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CharleneG
Well guys, like a lot of you now, I can finally see the finish line in sight.

We finally got a tenant for our house confirmed yesterday.
I did my last day in work and got presented with a cork hat and a few other goodies including a handcrafted model of my car that was stolen last month, complete with registration number!
OH does his last day in work tomorrow (Friday). Saturday we have a party for family and friends at my parents house then it's a final round of washing and ironing before we pack our cases. Tuesday will see us dismantling the flatpack furniture that is being shipped (and probably threatening divorce!) before the shippers arrive on Wednesday and Thursday to pack up and ship out.

Then it's off down to London for the weekend before we get on to the big Singapore Airlines bird on 3rd March for a week in Singapore then the onward journey to Melbourne and our new reality.

I think I have chucked out all of our crap but we are bound to be taking some with us. It's too late now. Tomorrow I am going to make our barbeque all sparkly clean for our tenants and clean all of our shoes so they don't upset Aussie customs.

The last 3 months since our visa grant have gone so quickly I have no idea how anyone does it in a month!

Probably see you on the other side....

Charlene and Chris

Good luck in Melbourne. I'm told there is particulate in the sky and the smell of smoke is strong.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Roni is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,

Any body from april with 175 is still in stand by?

THX
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:16 pm
nja
Forum Regular

nja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roni
Hi ,

Any body from april with 175 is still in stand by?

THX
Just thought I'd let you know there is progress. I received a case officer today.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nja
Just thought I'd let you know there is progress. I received a case officer today.
congradulations
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Welsh Jeff is a jewel in the roughWelsh Jeff is a jewel in the roughWelsh Jeff is a jewel in the roughWelsh Jeff is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nja
Well done sit tight and don't worry to much because the Visa grant is around the corner!!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Good to see the April 08 thread occassionally comes to live. I guess the April 09 thread will start very soon. I really really wish all April 08 applicants get their visa asap. I got mine in 9 months, 176 from a high risk country. So, if you are either 176 or on CSL, your visa grant is most likely around the corner, as Jeff said!! Keep up the spirit and let us know when you get it!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:21 pm
nja
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caliburn
Good to see the April 08 thread occassionally comes to live. I guess the April 09 thread will start very soon. I really really wish all April 08 applicants get their visa asap. I got mine in 9 months, 176 from a high risk country. So, if you are either 176 or on CSL, your visa grant is most likely around the corner, as Jeff said!! Keep up the spirit and let us know when you get it!!!
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. We have our medicals next week and waiting on the PC's. I'll keep you all posted.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Sushi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Good news is that my partner went to the immig office in Melbourne to update his passport info and found that we have a case officer assigned!

And bad news is that the girl at the counter told us that it could be granted tomorrow or take another year or even longer(!) to get the visa granted from now.

I hope that it was just a tasteless April fool joke...

We applied for 175 online (non MODL) on 19 April 2008 btw.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Bshootz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are still here, meds sent on the 27th March and pcc sent 30th March, now the next waiting part.........................
Beckyx
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:12 am
nja
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bshootz
Hi we are still here, meds sent on the 27th March and pcc sent 30th March, now the next waiting part.........................
Beckyx
Our pcc's went yesterday. Had our med's done yesterday also... back to waiting
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Bshootz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else is still waiting for either c/o or that wonderful elusive visa ?
Beckyx
Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nja
Our pcc's went yesterday. Had our med's done yesterday also... back to waiting
NJA -

Just wondering if there's been any changes for you? How's the real estate market? Any improvement?

We'll be returning to the states in July. We have to sell our house and tie up loose ends before we can come back. The plan right now is, provided my husband can find a job, we'll stay on for a number of months up to 1 year. Then we'll try again - provided my husband can find a job in Australia.

Plan B is if my husband cannot find a job in US, then I return to the states, empty the house (it's still full of our furniture, etc), either sell or rent out our house again, then return to Australia where he'll be working.

Hope all April 2008s get their Visa grant soon!

Catherine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.