April 2008 Applicants

Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Candy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Just popping over from the May thread to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to all you Aprils with CO's & Visas

I can't believe how quickly they're coming through and hopefully it will be us lot on the May thread soon.

Don't worry welsh jeff - yours will be next I'm sure
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by robandkath
hi all applied 5 th april just checked online a couple of items changed to met and
Evidence of Specific Work Experience Requested
Evidence of work experience Requested
i take it we have a case officer if so cool and what type of stuff would they be after cheers
ps great updates tiger
Congratulations on the CO Rob and Kath.

I would guess you need things like pay stubs, tax forms, and letters describing the job you were doing for the specific work experience.

I'm sure you'll be receiving a note soon with instructions.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Unofficial Visa Update
11 September Thursday - 7th Anniversary of the Event

1 March 2008 Applicant
1 April 2008 Onshore Applicant

LUCKY 13 for THIS Week

Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

tim n abby will become famous soon enoughtim n abby will become famous soon enough

Hi there

I only discovered the BE forum very recently – what a gem!

We're also April applicants – we lodged an online non-MODL 175 application on 15 April (no agent), and I discovered yesterday that we might have a CO. Our application is being 'processed further'.

All documents are marked as received except specific work experience, which is still marked as required. I'd like to send through payslips and bank statements and so on as they suggest, but I saw on DIAC's website that they say they'll provide you an email address to send info to once you're being processed.

Sooo... do I upload all the info anyway and hope they see it, or do I wait for the CO to contact me with a direct email address? Has anyone else tried one or the other idea?

Any advice much appreciated!

Abby (n Tim)
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

De Mange will become famous soon enoughDe Mange will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tim n abby
Hi there

We're also April applicants – we lodged an online non-MODL 175 application on 15 April (no agent), and I discovered yesterday that we might have a CO. Our application is being 'processed further'.

All documents are marked as received except specific work experience, which is still marked as required. I'd like to send through payslips and bank statements and so on as they suggest, but I saw on DIAC's website that they say they'll provide you an email address to send info to once you're being processed.

Sooo... do I upload all the info anyway and hope they see it, or do I wait for the CO to contact me with a direct email address? Has anyone else tried one or the other idea?

Abby (n Tim)
You should have contact from a CO soon so wait for the requests. I had a work experience document still marked as required and when the CO emailed me he just wanted confirmation of a couple of things.

Congrats on the CO - things are moving.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

tim n abby will become famous soon enoughtim n abby will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the advice – I'll be checking the inbox every hour!

I keep forgetting that for every bit of progress, there's another wait involved

Cheers
Abby (& Tim)
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tiger222
[COLOR="purple"][SIZE="4"][FONT="tahoma"]
Unofficial Visa Update
11 September Thursday - 7th Anniversary of the Event
General question - do you guys Mark September 11th at all? Or is it forgotten?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tim n abby
Hi there

Abby (n Tim)
CONGRATULATIONS on your CO!!
Welcome to the forum!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tiger222
General question - do you guys Mark September 11th at all? Or is it forgotten?

Hi Tiger,

We mark Sept 11th here in Canada. There is a big ceremony going on at noon today at the Park with all the firefighters from the area remembering their fallen collegues in New York.

I can't believe it has been 7 years. Where does the time go. I remember that day so vividly.... not really wanting to believe that it happend.

Take care

Karen
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

rjhopwood is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Hi Tiger,

We mark Sept 11th here in Canada. There is a big ceremony going on at noon today at the Park with all the firefighters from the area remembering their fallen collegues in New York.

I can't believe it has been 7 years. Where does the time go. I remember that day so vividly.... not really wanting to believe that it happend.

Take care

Karen
There is a concert today in the UK, and it has been on the news channels/radio most of the day with the minutes silence broadcast too.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:42 pm
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Hi there

Just new to the forum - Well done to all of you who have already got your visa

I must admit reading forum's from earlier on it was a bit daunting but very reassuring to hearing the good news of the April applicants.

I submitted a 176 on 14th April but did not frontload medicals etc as was told not to - placed an online application on our own (no agent used). I am absolutely ecstatic for those of you who have got through - Is anyone who hasn't frontloaded documents had any news yet of a CO?

All of my family is in Perth and I am desperate to go.

Saddo from Scotland who knows their TRN and passport number off by heart!!!!! through checking the application status through DIAC!!!

Reading this forum has really cheered me up

Wendy x
Old Sep 11th 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris
Hi there

I must admit reading forum's from earlier on it was a bit daunting but very reassuring to hearing the good news of the April applicants.

I submitted a 176 on 14th April but did not frontload medicals etc as was told not to - placed an online application on our own (no agent used). I am absolutely ecstatic for those of you who have got through - Is anyone who hasn't frontloaded documents had any news yet of a CO?

Saddo from Scotland who knows their TRN and passport number off by heart!!!!! through checking the application status through DIAC!!!

Wendy x
Hi Wendy -

Welcome to the Forum.

Have you made your Meds appointment yet? I think it's time. Even if you do it tomorrow, it will be at least 2 weeks before everything is turned in (unless there's electronic reporting like they have in Australia).

Also might want to get the PCCs done.

I think Dodge has a CO - I don't know if he frontloaded PCCs and MEDS or not.....
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there

Wendy x
Hi Wendy,

I agree with tiger. If you are from a low risk country, its time for you to turn in medicals and pcc. CO could be allocated to any April applicant anytime now and frontloading could increase your likelyhood of getting straight to visa. Welcome to April thread.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:27 pm
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Tiger and Caliburn for the nice welcome.

I had our pcc's done in May and they have just been sitting in the drawer therefore have taken your suggestion and frontloaded our pcc's today. I am just a SOL 176 application and I notice that a lot of the ones being approved are 175 and MODL (which the DIAC does point out are processed quicker). I am thinking about getting medicals done however wouldn't like to be in a position that we would have to pay for them twice?? Do you think it is worth it?? It certainly seems that way.

Hi to Mel we are also heading the Perth!!!!! with our 2 children what part you going to we are hoping to head to Carramar (where my family live) near joondalup about 20 minutes by train from Perth City. Have you been to Perth before?? Its great Been 4 times now
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

TinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really nice

Thanks Tiger and Caliburn for the nice welcome.

I had our pcc's done in May and they have just been sitting in the drawer therefore have taken your suggestion and frontloaded our pcc's today. I am just a SOL 176 application and I notice that a lot of the ones being approved are 175 and MODL (which the DIAC does point out are processed quicker). I am thinking about getting medicals done however wouldn't like to be in a position that we would have to pay for them twice?? Do you think it is worth it?? It certainly seems that way.

Hi to Mel we are also heading the Perth!!!!! with our 2 children what part you going to we are hoping to head to Carramar (where my family live) near joondalup about 20 minutes by train from Perth City. Have you been to Perth before?? Its great Been 4 times now

Keep in touch on the Perth thread too. We're trying for Perth, but haven't been

Will also be looking near Joondalup, so be great to meet up one day!

Have already been in touch with the athletics club for our 2 girls, who are 11 and 13!

Tina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.