April 2008 Applicants

Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris
Thanks Tiger and Caliburn for the nice welcome.

I had our pcc's done in May and they have just been sitting in the drawer therefore have taken your suggestion and frontloaded our pcc's today. I am just a SOL 176 application and I notice that a lot of the ones being approved are 175 and MODL (which the DIAC does point out are processed quicker). I am thinking about getting medicals done however wouldn't like to be in a position that we would have to pay for them twice?? Do you think it is worth it?? It certainly seems that way.
Wez and Chris -

I have PCCs in the drawer from May too! But I didn't upload them and I'm not going to. The reason I didn't send them is because we just did our MEDS on 6 Sept. So when our VISA is granted, we'll have 1 year from the MEDS date OR the PCCs date, whichever is shortest. Because we want to avoid a validation trip, we are redoing our PCCs so that we'll have 1 year from the MEDS date - so September 2009 - which should give us plenty of time to "get our ducks in a row"

The only reason you would have to redo your MEDS is if a year went by (or close to it) and there was NO VISA Grant. Since they are currently granting Visas for April 2008 - you will probably have your file reviewed in the next several weeks. So by the time you book your MEDS, the results come in, the Doctor sends them by mail to Sydney, they review them and add to your file, it will be several weeks. Might as well get a jump on the process.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:11 pm
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Hey Tina

Nice to meet you!!!

Great to hear that you are moving there too. We also have 2 kids aged 8 and 9 and be rest assured to know that Perth is a very family orientated place and they have a good quality of life. My mum, dad sister husband and 3 kids and my brother all moved there and have never looked back.

From a personal point of view my kids absolutely love it as they spend most of their time outdoors in grans pool etc when we go out to visit and there is always tears when they have to leave. They are on at me all of the time "mum why can't we just move tomorrow" if only it was that simple hey!!!

It is probably a good time for you to move before the kids have to think about doing exams at secondary school etc.

Anyway how are you getting on with the process?

Thinking positively it would be lovely to meet up one day!!!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Thanks Tiger and Caliburn for the nice welcome.

I had our pcc's done in May and they have just been sitting in the drawer therefore have taken your suggestion and frontloaded our pcc's today. I am just a SOL 176 application and I notice that a lot of the ones being approved are 175 and MODL (which the DIAC does point out are processed quicker). I am thinking about getting medicals done however wouldn't like to be in a position that we would have to pay for them twice?? Do you think it is worth it?? It certainly seems that way.

Hi to Mel we are also heading the Perth!!!!! with our 2 children what part you going to we are hoping to head to Carramar (where my family live) near joondalup about 20 minutes by train from Perth City. Have you been to Perth before?? Its great Been 4 times now
Hi Wez and Chris,

Welcome to the thread!! I've also jumped on this one 'cos Tiger is great at keeping everyone updated but we're June applicants!!! We haven't decided exactly where in Perth to settle but we went over in May on a reccie and stayed in Clarkson. We liked the area and the types of houses - OH wants something older rather than a new style house - and everything was just on the doorstep so anywhere round that area would suit us - that is if we do actually get there of course!! We felt really at home there and applied for state sponsorship while we were there and got it straight away!! Just waiting.........

Originally Posted by TinaandChris
Keep in touch on the Perth thread too. We're trying for Perth, but haven't been

Will also be looking near Joondalup, so be great to meet up one day!

Have already been in touch with the athletics club for our 2 girls, who are 11 and 13!

Tina
Hi Tina and Chris,

I'm sure you'll love Perth, we liked it much better than Sydney and not as hot as the more northern areas - thankfully for a pale and pasty person like me!! There's so many places to look at, and Joondalup is fairly central in the north of river suburbs that anywhere around would be a good place to be!! My daughter is also 13, she can't wait to go, how do your girls feel?

Mel
Old Sep 12th 2008, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Hey Tiger,

One more to add to your list for this week.

A May applicant. That's right.... we got our visa.

Hope you get yours soon, then another North American can join me in Oz.

Just think.... no more winters.

Can't believe it, am going to be booking the flights shortly.

Karen
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Hey Tiger,

Karen

Hey, that's fantastic - you sound so calm about it too!!!!!

Well done, pop that cork !!

Mel
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Hey Tiger,

Karen
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:55 am
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

WOW!!!!

Well done twinsmom that is brilliant!!!

You must be so excited now

Crack open the champers!!!!

You have cheered up my Friday morning!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:58 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

From a personal point of view my kids absolutely love it as they spend most of their time outdoors in grans pool etc when we go out to visit and there is always tears when they have to leave.
We have 41 days until we fly to Perth and are currently doing The Great House Search - looking for something in the catchment area of the school, in the right price bracket and (the tricky bit) with a pool. Lots of possibilities, but very few that have pools. Maybe we'll have to settle for being close to the ocean...

Cheers
b
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Hey Tiger,

Karen
may 15th!! wow!! that's just short of 4 months!!!!!!!!!!! wowwwwwwww!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Hey Tiger,

Karen
Woo Hoo!! Congratulations Karen!

Excellent news - and with plenty of time before you exchange on the house!!
No 457 needed!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Unofficial Visa Update
11 September Thursday - REVISED!!

1 March 2008 Applicant
1 April 2008 Onshore Applicant
1 November 2007 175 Paper Applicant

LUCKY 14 for THIS Week

Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Unofficial Visa Update
12 September Friday

1 January 2008 Applicant Baby75 (the saga is OVER)
1 May 2008 176 State Sponsored Applicant
My Friend (and fellow North American) Twinsmom!1st MAY!!

LUCKY 16 for THIS Week

Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

TinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really nice

Originally Posted by melbert
Hi Wez and Chris,

Welcome to the thread!! I've also jumped on this one 'cos Tiger is great at keeping everyone updated but we're June applicants!!! We haven't decided exactly where in Perth to settle but we went over in May on a reccie and stayed in Clarkson. We liked the area and the types of houses - OH wants something older rather than a new style house - and everything was just on the doorstep so anywhere round that area would suit us - that is if we do actually get there of course!! We felt really at home there and applied for state sponsorship while we were there and got it straight away!! Just waiting.........

Hi Tina and Chris,

I'm sure you'll love Perth, we liked it much better than Sydney and not as hot as the more northern areas - thankfully for a pale and pasty person like me!! There's so many places to look at, and Joondalup is fairly central in the north of river suburbs that anywhere around would be a good place to be!! My daughter is also 13, she can't wait to go, how do your girls feel?

Mel
Hi Mel, and all of you!!

The girls are ok at the moment. but I think Holly who has just started secondary school will be the one to shed a few tears, as she is the sensitive one. Shannon who is 13, and all hair and make up, seems ok , but maybe beacause it's been going on for what feels like ages, maybe doesn't feel real!

We are all white and pasty too, except my OH, who just has to look at the sun, but that's good news , as he's a chippy, and may end up on a hot roof!!!

Its so good to get to know people on here, and will be good for all of us to have a few tears but know there's lots of us in the same boat

We submitted in may after the April vetassess and the IELTs, and haven't been! The plan was to sell the house, and then have a reccie, but we can't sell yet. A few maybes but they haven't sold.

Can't wait for the day of the visa

Keep smiling everyone

Tina
x
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

TinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really nice

Just got on here and now I've got to go and tidy the house for a 6 o'clock viewing!! Shouldn't complain i spose
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

karen

Congratulations!!!!! Get those flights booked quick!

Well done, and good luck fellow maybies

Tina
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.