April 2008 Applicants

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:46 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by lilsweets
Thank you Ben,

Reading your posts about WA, I am nearly tempted to check out that side of the country but my heart is on the East coast so that's where I'm off to.

Hope you are enjoying life in Oz,

Lil
At some point we'll check out the East coast on holiday... I'm sure plenty of people from over there will also check out WA. After all, we get the sunsets here

Cheers
b
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:43 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Hey there,

Its been a while for any news from April Applicants.

Has any one got anynews.

CO's / Visa's / Flights.........

Regards

Silverski
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

heamish will become famous soon enough

Hi Silverski, fellow Irishman reporting here from Ashbury in Sydney. We're here a week as of last night and settling in just fine. Heading up to do the Whitsundays Thursday and a few other activities and then back to Sydney for Christmas. Weather has been fantastic and traffic here in Sydney so far is minuscule compared to Dublin.
Haven't looked for work yet as nothing will happen till after the Christmas and holiday period. We're staying with my uncle and his family here which makes settling on a new hemisphere so much easier. Have been playing footie out in Liechardt and have been out to the Olympic pool/ village which is absolutely amazing. $6.60 for entry to the pool which is pittance. Love Sydney to bits so far, but then we still are in holiday mode...

Will report back when we get jobs sorted and find our own little place. Gumtree.au will be your best friend when it comes to picking up all that stuff you sold before you went.

All the best
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:03 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

It does seem quiet... I guess tiger222's not set up broadband yet

Cheers
b
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

stevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: April 2008 Applicants

Hi all fellow april applicants!

Quick up-date! for those of you out there still waiting. status page for our family sponsored 176 e-visa changed to processing further, this morning wow applied on the 22-04-08 will update the timeline
So guess we have a case officer!!! bring it on

Kind regards

Stevecarr@firs
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by benlast
It does seem quiet... I guess tiger222's not set up broadband yet

Cheers
b
Hi Ben - how's the letting of your house in the UK going? Have you had any vacant periods yet? We've concluded that we're going to have to do the same, but I'm probably more nervous about that, than moving to the other side of the world!

And are you still in a rental in Aus? Any plans to buy?
Old Dec 9th 2008, 8:09 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by heamish
Hi Silverski, fellow Irishman reporting here from Ashbury in Sydney. We're here a week as of last night and settling in just fine. Heading up to do the Whitsundays Thursday and a few other activities and then back to Sydney for Christmas. Weather has been fantastic and traffic here in Sydney so far is minuscule compared to Dublin.
Haven't looked for work yet as nothing will happen till after the Christmas and holiday period. We're staying with my uncle and his family here which makes settling on a new hemisphere so much easier. Have been playing footie out in Liechardt and have been out to the Olympic pool/ village which is absolutely amazing. $6.60 for entry to the pool which is pittance. Love Sydney to bits so far, but then we still are in holiday mode...

Will report back when we get jobs sorted and find our own little place. Gumtree.au will be your best friend when it comes to picking up all that stuff you sold before you went.

All the best
Hi Heamish,

Many thanks for the update.

We cann't wait to get there.

Nothing but bad news here.

Regards

Silverski
Old Dec 9th 2008, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Welsh Jeff is a jewel in the roughWelsh Jeff is a jewel in the roughWelsh Jeff is a jewel in the roughWelsh Jeff is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by silverski
Hey there,

Its been a while for any news from April Applicants.

Has any one got anynews.

CO's / Visa's / Flights.........

Regards

Silverski
Still waiting ................ for movememt.......any movement!!
But on the bright side i'm off to the States for Crimbo, which means that i won't be obsessed with getting a CO or Visa for a week.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 10:51 pm
Citizen Of The World

Originally Posted by chasmw
Hi Ben - how's the letting of your house in the UK going? Have you had any vacant periods yet? We've concluded that we're going to have to do the same, but I'm probably more nervous about that, than moving to the other side of the world!

And are you still in a rental in Aus? Any plans to buy?
Hi Chris

The rental's working fine. Our tenant took a 14-month lease in May and wants to discuss extending to two years, which suits us fine. Our lettings agent says the rental market is still holding up well.

We're still renting here (we have a lease until next October). We've had a look at the market for buying, and there are more reasonable prices around, but I don't think I want to have another mortgage to service in the current economic climate, plus prices here don't seem to be moving much (and definitely not up). There's a house on sale for $14 million (down from $16M a month ago) just at the end of the next road (though to be fair it is right on the coast) but we decided that we didn't like the colour, so we're not offering on that one

Also: the more we explore around, the more we're learning about the different suburbs, advantages and disadvantages, transport links, etc. I think a year spent getting to know our way around will be a huge help when we do come to buy.

As far as letting your house goes, I reckon it's worth taking a look at memewest's thread about it - lots of people gave good advice there (plus the usual collection of doomsayers assuring everyone that their bad experience means the whole things impossible).
Old Dec 10th 2008, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

WOOOOHHOOOOO

Add me to that visatown list

It was either our turn or the COs just felt sorry for us.
We had a CO for about 1 hour before getting the visa grant
Here lies the benefit of front loading
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

De Mange will become famous soon enoughDe Mange will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RobertC
WOOOOHHOOOOO

Hey, Hey. Well done Boab, lad.

Did you know you had the CO before getting the visa? Bit of a exciting day, eh!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

WOOOOHHOOOOO

Congratulations Robert. DIAC finally had to give in! Well done. Its my turn now.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

WOOOOHHOOOOO

Congrats Robert!!!

Merry Xmas!!

Wayhay!!

Mel
Old Dec 10th 2008, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

WOOOOHHOOOOO

CONGRATULATIONS Robert!!

Didn't have to get your numbers THAT high in the end then??!!

ENOY!!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:28 pm
´´ I want to believe ! ´´

Hexy is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: April 2008 Applicants

Hi people

We lodged our Apllication for :
Sponsored Skilled Migration Visa VE 176 at 8.April 2008 (online)!

But we didn´t get CO yet !
We are in High Risk Country ! I know that´s bad I mean, really bad !

For how looong we must wait to Mr.(or Ms) CO ? > Can any body tell us PLEASE !

Please help with some answer,we are desperate !

Bye .....................Hexy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.