April 2008 Applicants

Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

vanessandave has a spectacular aura aboutvanessandave has a spectacular aura aboutvanessandave has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

It appears there's a free CO 'cause we got our VISA today

We will be heading to the Goldie in March, the day after our work notice period is over! fortunately we don't have a house to sell, just 3 dogs and 2 cats to organise shipping .

I would have settled for a 7 month wait at the start of the process, although sometimes it feels like we have been waiting, checking, waiting, waiting, checking, waiting (you know the score!) for years....

Good luck to everyone still waiting It will be worth the wait. The way I see it, is those that wait the longest will have the best feeling when it does actually happen!

Dave
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vanessandave

We will be heading to the Goldie in March, the day after our work notice period is over! fortunately we don't have a house to sell, just 3 dogs and 2 cats to organise shipping .

I would have settled for a 7 month wait at the start of the process, although sometimes it feels like we have been waiting, checking, waiting, waiting, checking, waiting (you know the score!) for years....

Good luck to everyone still waiting It will be worth the wait. The way I see it, is those that wait the longest will have the best feeling when it does actually happen!

Dave
YAY!!

Congratulations Dave on getting your Visa Granted!!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:53 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Dave
Fantastic news,

Congratulations.....WELCOME TO VISATOWN
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Fab news Vanessa and Dave!!Get celebrating

Wow, I bet you're grinning from ear to ear now!!

Mel
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:14 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by melbert
Thanks b!

I hope that's the case for us too!

We're looking at NOR, the company is providing us with loads of assistance in finding somewhere etc, but we stayed in Clarkson last time we visited and would be happy round there, Kinross, Tapping, etc don't mind really, but I guess we'll see what's available when we get there!

Oh, the ocean highway, can't wait!!

Mel
Then when you get here, take the ocean highway up to Hillarys on a Thursday lunchtime and meet up with the expat gang there. See the thread in the Meetups section

Cheers
b
Old Nov 29th 2008, 8:42 am
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Dave
Congratulations Vanessa and Dave What a feeling hey
Old Nov 29th 2008, 8:54 am
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Hey Ben and Mel you are getting me all excited now with talk of the ocean highway!!

Mel congrats on the 457 thats great I dont doubt that your PR will follow soon!!

We are going in Jan to Carramar which is close to the places that you were thinking of and as Ben said just go that drive to Hillarys thats where we take the kids to the beach when we are their you just feel slightly safer because there is a wall around it you know for the big fish!!!!

Sorry if I missed this as havent been on much lately been busy telling everyone the good news and oh yes trying to organise the house:curse: Anyway when are you planning on going?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Originally Posted by benlast
Then when you get here, take the ocean highway up to Hillarys on a Thursday lunchtime and meet up with the expat gang there. See the thread in the Meetups section

Cheers
b
Cheers Ben, You'll probably have to remind me when we actually get there about Thursdays, I'll probably have forgotten!! We had a meal there this year on my birthday!! Yummy!!!

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris
Hey Ben and Mel you are getting me all excited now with talk of the ocean highway!!

Mel congrats on the 457 thats great I dont doubt that your PR will follow soon!!

We are going in Jan to Carramar which is close to the places that you were thinking of and as Ben said just go that drive to Hillarys thats where we take the kids to the beach when we are their you just feel slightly safer because there is a wall around it you know for the big fish!!!!

Sorry if I missed this as havent been on much lately been busy telling everyone the good news and oh yes trying to organise the house:curse: Anyway when are you planning on going?
We liked Hillary's, my daughter loved the houses, think it might take me a bit too long to clean one so I think we'll stick to our plan of being a bit further up than that in a slightly smaller house, like 4 bedrooms instead of 7!!!!!

We need to be there by April at the latest, aiming for Feb/March time, just need the house to sell

Does, the wall stop the jellyfish??

Mel
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by melbert
Cheers Ben, You'll probably have to remind me when we actually get there about Thursdays, I'll probably have forgotten!! We had a meal there this year on my birthday!! Yummy!!!

We liked Hillary's, my daughter loved the houses, think it might take me a bit too long to clean one so I think we'll stick to our plan of being a bit further up than that in a slightly smaller house, like 4 bedrooms instead of 7!!!!!

We need to be there by April at the latest, aiming for Feb/March time, just need the house to sell

Does, the wall stop the jellyfish??

Mel

Hiya!!

Will you have any spare room in your container?? and would you like to take some of our things over for us??

Just a small prob that your going to perth and we're aiming for the Central Coast!!

Am looking into International Shipping...but i'm starting to think that getting the Visa was the easy part!

And we have the added head f**k of trying to sort out a DECENT Letting Agent...

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by memewest
Hiya!!

Will you have any spare room in your container?? and would you like to take some of our things over for us??

Just a small prob that your going to perth and we're aiming for the Central Coast!!

Am looking into International Shipping...but i'm starting to think that getting the Visa was the easy part!

And we have the added head f**k of trying to sort out a DECENT Letting Agent...

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!
Oh, meme, you'll be fine!! It'd probably cost more for it to be shipped over from Perth to the central coast than all the way from the UK!!!

Had 2 viewings on the house last night, one booked for this morning, the one this morning cancelled about 2 minutes before they were due, one from last night made an offer on another house and the other people liked the house that the other woman has offered on! AAARRRGGGHHH!!! 6 weeks to sell or it's getting rented!

Chin up, we're all in this together (is there a song in there somewhere??)

It's bloomin freezing today too!!!

Mel
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

timebandit is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: April 2008 Applicants

Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Just checked my online status this morning and found applicant approved!! What a month it has been, we have just found out our first child is on they way, fingers crossed we will be exchanging contracts on the house next week and we now have a visa. The last seven months have been a rollacoaster journey but now we can see the end of the tunnel.

For people starting out on this journey, keep faith, eventually it will be your visa grant day.

Thank you to everyone on ex pats for taking the time to post, you really have been an invaluable source of information over the last 18 months.

Hope to be in Brisbane, Wellington point area on the 21st April.

I have added our details to beupdate if you want to see our timeline.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by timebandit
Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Just checked my online status this morning and found applicant approved!! What a month it has been, we have just found out our first child is on they way, fingers crossed we will be exchanging contracts on the house next week and we now have a visa. The last seven months have been a rollacoaster journey but now we can see the end of the tunnel.

For people starting out on this journey, keep faith, eventually it will be your visa grant day.

Thank you to everyone on ex pats for taking the time to post, you really have been an invaluable source of information over the last 18 months.

Hope to be in Brisbane, Wellington point area on the 21st April.

I have added our details to beupdate if you want to see our timeline.

Yay!! Timebandit.....

Welcome to BE!!

What a first post to post..

Congratulations on having your visa granted, and expecting your first child AND hopefully exchanging contracts on your house! *phew*

Everything comes in 3's, they say.....

CONGRATULATIONS again...
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Just checked our emails this morning and found the best email I can ever remember receiving -

VISA GRANTED

Today is going to be a good day at work
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CharleneG
Just checked our emails this morning and found the best email I can ever remember receiving -

VISA GRANTED

Today is going to be a good day at work
Brilliant news - many congratulations!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Congrats Charlene, Merry Xmas!!!

Mel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.